Thread: afro samurai

afro samurai

the voice of sam jackson, the music of rza and some awesome ass animation and a kick ass story. nuff said watch it on spike tv.

Had already seen a trailer at last year's Comicon in San Diego. Watched it last weekend on Spike TV:

Looked like a rip-off of Samurai Champloo. Then, a 5 year old kid killing without any problem adult samurai - WTF?????? The sex scenes did not add much to the story like they did in Ninja Scroll (where they helped to define the villain's character) - they simply seemed unnecessary. It just seemed like the creators of the show are way to focused on trying to make the Afro-Samurai look cool - which in the long run ended up being over the top and subsequently boring.

Conclusion: Didn't like it... :S

oh well!!!

you are entitled to your opinion but for me i loved it, it reminded me of ninja scroll as for the samurai champloo you got it mixed up champloo is a rip off afro. the idea from samurai champloo was greatly influenced by the afro samurai manga that predates champloo.

anime

much of the stuff that is beiing released today is just mirror image of everything we've seen before. everytime i try to see something that is truely original it's jsut more of the same old stuff. same with afro. who cares if he's black?
    "you have to give up, you have to realize that one day you will die. until you know that you are useless." -Tyler Durden

i'm just saying

well the manga of afro is the originator for alot of the stuf you see.i'm just tired of seeing the same blon hairedhero yousee in every anime. long live afro

I'd rather watch Basilisk.
    Many roads. One path.

Many styles. One art.

Many lineages. One practioner.