Thread: Pittsburgh Bars

Pittsburgh Bars

Now ! Lets get to it. Pittsburgh is a serious bar town . Neighborhood joints, grey weather, Good town,good folks so where are they ? Name names>

Southside
    Chupkas, margaritaville, Dee's Cafe, Birmingham Bridge tavern, just to name a few.
    Bless you

There are bars everywhere.
    Bless you

Drinking town with a football problem. North Side Hi Tops
    Bloomfeild-bloomfield bridge tavern, Sq. hill- silkys
    southside- tiki bar, mario's , fat head's
    Bless you

Bars

a connosouire huh! ( flunked out of french ) ! checking out north side homes and places to practice. Hope there are no age limits up there. Cant wait! Affinity is a funny thing ! for people places etc . Sifu Melton turned me on to the holy grail of Beers, " Blithering Idiot". Buy stock in it.. drink it , bathe in it.. let your wife or girlfriend wash her hair with it.. Keep thinking its a good town....Keep hearing " are you nuts"

Heres s few...

I lived in Pittsburgh for two years, so some of the bars may not be there anymore, but try out:

Southside: Blue Note Cafe - Good live music, Margaritville, and any of the others that I'd fogotten the name of.

Bloomfield - Bloomfield Bridge Tavern - good Polish food, great pierogis.

Lawrenceville - Classics, two pool tables.

Oakland - Chief's - Rated best Dive bar in Pgh. Its a hole in the wall, but fun and you can pick up college women.

Shadyside - a few to name, but try Doc's place. I used to work there. Best pizza in Pgh in my opinion. Also during the summer, they have the upstairs bar and patio open.

On a side note: two important things.....Never, ever, ever go to the "O" in Oakland after 12am, and stay away from the locally produced beer, Iron City unluss you enjoy having the Hershey Squirts all day long the next day.

On a cultural side, try to take in a flick at The Beehive movie house in Oakland. The theater actually has couches and lounge chairs to sit in, and if I remember correctly, you can take beer into the theater, although it has to be purchased at the concession counter. Also go to the Carnegie Center. One of the best museums around.

Beware of The Hill district and East Liberty, or at least be aware of where you are.

Most of all, enjoy your time in the Iron City.

The Oakland beehive has been closed for quite a few years now (which really sucks) the southside beehive coffee house is still open. The carnegie museum is awesome. In Oakland there is plenty of great places to eat from all over the world, and I agree, stay away from the "O". The Waterfront in Homestead has the Improv, Dave and Busters, Rock Bottom, and all the large chain bars. There is some bar on Polish Hill that people love, but I can't recall the name. There is also the South Hills Judo Club

Oh, and Yin Cheng Gong Fa

Downtown has the backstage bar in the heart of the theatre district.
    Bless you

Pitt

really appreciate all the positives. Like Ive posted affinity is a funny thing. This is a tough change and this really helps. Look forward to sitting and cursing the Pirates while downing a beer on a good summer day. All star game up there a couple of years ago showed baseball as it should be!