Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: student's first fight

student's first fight

Yes, the guy was a wounded gazell (I wish my student chose the other guy near his weight) but it was a good first experience... he even took a decent shot (hand way too wide (door open)... did a nice job of shielding a straight which he should have hopped on but I'm stoked. I know he's stoked.... wanted to see him make that jump, that commitment to his training, before I leave. They came and got all my stuff today. 14 days until a new world for me

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S80wD9YBKVQ

Rock on. I'm not a fan of the dropped hands, but I know it's your thing and it seems to work for you and your students.

I'm assuming you're relocating for the surfer chica? My wife is Puerto Rican and she's a handful. Good luck!
    He most honors my style who learns under it to destroy the teacher. -- Walt Whitman

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    As a mod, I don't have to explain myself to you.

We're not together right now... she was more of a handful that I could handle. I decided it still makes mad sense to move down there where I can live clean and easy (surf, spear fish, etc.) and save some money and buy something.

As a single writer in NY it's just too expensive, you need like $75,000 just to get into the market.

Which one is your student? I'm assuming the one in the white t-shirt just because of the lack of footwork, stance, dropped hands, etc. although he did pretty well against the other guy.

Do you try to do any CMA? Or just boxing? Because it doesn't really look like there's any CMA in there. This isn't meant to be any sort of insult because the guy seemed to do fine, just wondering what you train these guys in.

Quote Originally Posted by lunghushan View Post
    blah blah blah whine whine whine, biotch, cry, blah blah blah, scared of germs, too prissy to actually train, blah blah blah
    FEMALE HYGIENCE DEVICE can't take a hint huh? You said you weren't going to post anymore.... go post on some fantasy web board and let the adults talk....
    Chan Tai San Book at https://www.createspace.com/4891253

Quote Originally Posted by taai gihk yahn View Post
    well, like LKFMDC - he's a genuine Kung Fu Hero™
    Quote Originally Posted by Taixuquan99 View Post
    As much as I get annoyed when it gets derailed by the array of strange angry people that hover around him like moths, his good posts are some of my favorites.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kellen Bassette View Post
    I think he goes into a cave to meditate and recharge his chi...and bite the heads off of bats, of course....

I guess the point I was trying to make with the prior post is if you are indeed teaching the student CMA, then it might be better for the student to have some stance and keep the upward hand out more.

I think before you said you were a bagua student. With the hand close to the chin like that there's no opportunities for parrying.

blah blah blah blah meaningless drivel blah blah blah
    Do the forum a favor, put yourself on ignore and go post some place else.....

As much as I get annoyed when it gets derailed by the array of strange angry people that hover around him like moths, his good posts are some of my favorites.
    I think he goes into a cave to meditate and recharge his chi...and bite the heads off of bats, of course....

i have no sound so...

what was the call there, why the stop?

looks like your boy was about to start pounding.

i bet that was fun to watch your student in his first fight though. ^^

grats up man

lung....spend less time critisizing people, and more time on personal refinement.

i mean, im not trying to jump down your throat here, but do you really NEED to share all your thoughts? sometimes its ok to just keep it to yourself.

thats just my opinion of course, but all i have seen you post so far is a bunch of critisism, and i have yet to see some source that says your intitled to such "skillfull critisism".

just sayin tho...

peace
    A man has only one death. That death may be as weighty as Mt. Tai, or it may be as light as a goose feather. It all depends upon the way he uses it....
    ~Sima Qian

Master pain, or pain will master you.
    ~PangQuan

"Just do your practice. Who cares if someone else's practice is not traditional, or even fake? What does that have to do with you?"
    ~Gene "The Crotch Master" Ching

You know you want to click me!!

Ray, what were the rules of the match? I didn't see any kicking. I sorta expected some seeing how the one guy was wearing Thai trunks.

That headlock didn't have a chance. It looked like your guy could have droped into full mount and really went to town.

Nice work.

Congrats.
    Check out my wooden dummy website: http://www.woodendummyco.com/

cjurakpt Guest
    Which one is your student? I'm assuming the one in the white t-shirt just because of the lack of footwork, stance, dropped hands, etc. although he did pretty well against the other guy.

Do you try to do any CMA? Or just boxing? Because it doesn't really look like there's any CMA in there. This isn't meant to be any sort of insult because the guy seemed to do fine, just wondering what you train these guys in.
    this is a FINE example of what's called a backhanded compliment, and further testament to LHS's total lack of ability to engage someone conversationally without acting like a mealey mouthed pr1ck: I mean, how can you NOT take the comment "lack of footwork, stance, dropped hands" as even remotely positive? the "he did prety well" thing at the end is just a lame way to try and veil the criticism, since it would be hard to say he did anything other then well, as he got the guy to tap out

and to say "just" boxing kinda frames it in a somewhat dismissive tone as well

to say it "doesn't look like CMA" is to reveal the total fantasy world he lives in, since, I would like to know, what SHOULD CMA look like? please enlighten us on that one...

of course, the obligatory "this is not an insult" qualifier at the end is supposed to make up for the rest of the post, so what else is new...

As quickly as the range closed from punching to clinching, there wasn't much time. However, I did notice that no knees were thrown. FWIW, wearing thai trunks doesn't dictate that he likes to kick. kicks should be set up, not just thrown, and there were no set up strikes thrown. They went from exchanging punches to clinching. a kick probably would've left the kicker disadvantaged.
    i'm nobody...i'm nobody. i'm a tramp, a bum, a hobo... a boxcar and a jug of wine... but i'm a straight razor if you get to close to me.

-Charles Manson

I will punch, kick, choke, throw or joint manipulate any nationality equally without predjudice.

- Shonie Carter

Quote Originally Posted by PangQuan View Post

lung....spend less time critisizing people, and more time on personal refinement.

i mean, im not trying to jump down your throat here, but do you really NEED to share all your thoughts? sometimes its ok to just keep it to yourself.

thats just my opinion of course, but all i have seen you post so far is a bunch of critisism, and i have yet to see some source that says your intitled to such "skillfull critisism".

just sayin tho...

peace
    I'm not criticizing at all. I've never seen anybody who seemed so clueless and unstructured from his footwork and stances do so well, so I'm wondering what Ray was teaching him, and I was making a slight comment about the hand position.

That is all.

Perhaps if you all weren't so busy jumping down my throat you'd have time to do something else, like jack off or something.

Dude, you just said he was cluless and unstructured, but you're claiming you're not criticizing? Who do you think you're fooling?

Hi, my name is Neil and I am a pathetic excuse and a waste of life. I can't help but make an arse of myself.
    I for once completely agree, now suicide yourself and we can go about our normal business

I'm not criticizing at all. I've never seen anybody who seemed so clueless and unstructured from his footwork and stances do so well, so I'm wondering what Ray was teaching him, and I was making a slight comment about the hand position.

That is all.

Perhaps if you all weren't so busy jumping down my throat you'd have time to do something else, like jack off or something.
    lol

the post you just responded to was the first time i ever directed any thing personally towards you. and when i say something everyone in the world can see but you, i get put on your ignore list huh?.... LOL

an ignore list you arent actually ignoring....funny that, how you have to make it public what you dont like, in every situation. must you have so much attention? save some for the rest of us.

NOW, i fully agree and understand Coach Ross', and other posters, position towards you.

so as of here, i wont respond to you any longer, as it is apparent this is your wish. besides, why would i waste my time on someone who obviously is perfect and cannot be better in any way.

i hope you find some one to train with...for what its worth...

peace
    A man has only one death. That death may be as weighty as Mt. Tai, or it may be as light as a goose feather. It all depends upon the way he uses it....
    ~Sima Qian

Master pain, or pain will master you.
    ~PangQuan

"Just do your practice. Who cares if someone else's practice is not traditional, or even fake? What does that have to do with you?"
    ~Gene "The Crotch Master" Ching

You know you want to click me!!