Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: student's first fight

Quote Originally Posted by jon View Post
    lunghushan

I will do my best, however, much of this has already been stated.

You seem to me to be attacking someone else under the guise of being 'critical'.
    You are complaining about the treatment of yourself at the hands of other forum members in a thread where you yourself are insulting someone.
    You have no problem giving your own critical view points on someone else, yet when someone turns the table and criticizes your own views you get highly defensive.
    The 'no offense but' styled responses (as has already been stated) come across as veiled insults.

To give an example.
    'Some work on footwork and stances might help to improve your fighting' would be a constructive criticism.
    'omg look at how poor your footwork is - yet you still won!' seems rude.
    Okay. I guess I shouldn't be at all critical, then. I thought the point of posting a fight was to elicit comments, not to just high five people for actually stepping out there.

I would say what I would say if I were actually attacking, but then you would probably take that as more veiled attacks.

But seriously, what is the difference between saying he needs more work footwork and stances, and saying his stances are bad and he lacks structure? There really is no difference.

Anyways, I give up. Okay, here's an insult. You are all unsufferable bores who seem incapable of logic, and I hate you.
    Last edited by lunghushan; 01-16-2007 at 06:46 PM.

But seriously, what is the difference between saying he needs more work footwork and stances, and saying his stances are bad and he lacks structure? There really is no difference.
    My advice would be to simply read your posts before you post from the stand point of the person you are addressing. Try to remember that as your readers we are not able to see your body language or facial expression meaning that we will take what you write at pure face value based on only the words you use and the way you choose to express yourself.
    Giving constructive criticism is great and very useful for the person you are critiquing, just be careful that you are charitable and not too confrontational to avoid your comments being taken the wrong way.

You are all unsufferable bores who seem incapable of logic, and I hate you.
    Im sorry but your comments have both inflamed and enraged me, I must now hunt you down for a death match.
    Up and down, forward and backward, left and right, its all the same. All of this is done with the mind, not externaly.
    ------------------------------------
    Shaped dragon and looking monkey, sitting tiger and turning eagle.

"I wonder how they would do against jon's no-tension fu. I bet they'd do REALLY WELL."
    - Huang Kai Vun

Quote Originally Posted by jon View Post
    My advice would be to simply read your posts before you post from the stand point of the person you are addressing. Try to remember that as your readers we are not able to see your body language or facial expression meaning that we will take what you write at pure face value based on only the words you use and the way you choose to express yourself.
    Giving constructive criticism is great and very useful for the person you are critiquing, just be careful that you are charitable and not too confrontational to avoid your comments being taken the wrong way.

Im sorry but your comments have both inflamed and enraged me, I must now hunt you down for a death match.
    That's actually pretty good advice. My last post was meant to let lkfmdc and all those guys win though by proving them right.

If you do hunt me down please make sure to kill me so I don't have to deal with any of you anymore.

(BTW, that was supposed to be a joke -- please don't really kill me -- if I die before my parents do they'll be sad.)
    Last edited by lunghushan; 01-16-2007 at 07:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by lunghushan View Post
    if I die before my parents do they'll be sad.
    Somehow I doubt that.
    He most honors my style who learns under it to destroy the teacher. -- Walt Whitman

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    As a mod, I don't have to explain myself to you.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterKiller View Post
    Somehow I doubt that.
    I even uncovered this photo
    Last edited by lkfmdc; 07-21-2010 at 09:10 PM.
    Chan Tai San Book at https://www.createspace.com/4891253

Quote Originally Posted by taai gihk yahn View Post
    well, like LKFMDC - he's a genuine Kung Fu Hero™
    Quote Originally Posted by Taixuquan99 View Post
    As much as I get annoyed when it gets derailed by the array of strange angry people that hover around him like moths, his good posts are some of my favorites.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kellen Bassette View Post
    I think he goes into a cave to meditate and recharge his chi...and bite the heads off of bats, of course....

Quote Originally Posted by lunghushan View Post
    He looks like he never saw a stance in his life (okay, that's a slight exaggeration, but he's just kindof walking around). That's not a negative criticism because look at how well he did in the fight.
    My students have NEVER done stances... I believe they only hurt your knees and waist time.

What my students do train however is driving off the back foot while maintaining structure and putting that force into the other guy ... how we stand, walk, etc. before contact makes no difference.... we aren't doing anything yet.

I train my lead hand down for a few reasons... mainly, at distance, your kick is more important to me than your hands. I strike or check your kick (at the knee) with my strong lead and support it (usually charge in and cover my head) with the back hand.

Once the distance is closed I use the strong lead to strike an incoming strike or provoke a parry... the back hand than comes into play to seak the other hand. Then I use mechanics to leverage off a shot.

I am well past the state of arguing over if this is good or not or how I should train or not. I use my stuff well. Now my students are starting to use their stuff well.

We are not CMA. We are not "MMA". We're martial artists who like to win when we fight and roll. We look for what works and what makes sense to us. We're open to see everything. We also train for real and so have developed a certain "street" sense about things and are somewhat choosey about what we accept to learn... that's why my lineage is good (Renzo Gracie, Master Chan< Master Wong < Master Kung Bo Tien< master Dong Hui Chuan)

Quote Originally Posted by Ray Pina View Post
    We are not CMA. We are not "MMA". We're martial artists who like to win when we fight and roll. We look for what works and what makes sense to us. We're open to see everything. We also train for real and so have developed a certain "street" sense about things and are somewhat choosey about what we accept to learn...
    So you're JKD then.
    Check out my wooden dummy website: http://www.woodendummyco.com/

why you gotta live so far away ray
    A man has only one death. That death may be as weighty as Mt. Tai, or it may be as light as a goose feather. It all depends upon the way he uses it....
    ~Sima Qian

Master pain, or pain will master you.
    ~PangQuan

"Just do your practice. Who cares if someone else's practice is not traditional, or even fake? What does that have to do with you?"
    ~Gene "The Crotch Master" Ching

You know you want to click me!!

Quote Originally Posted by Ray Pina View Post
    We are not CMA. We are not "MMA". We're martial artists who like to win when we fight and roll. We look for what works and what makes sense to us.
    Well it seems to work.

Ray, you did Hung Gar from what I remember before working with Bond Chan, as well as some other stuff, why isnt that in your lineage? And to the people that are talking about 'stances', that just betrays your lack of knowledge of fighting for the most part, because stances are just steps, they are not generally static positions you hold and scoot around from.
    -Golden Arms-

Quote Originally Posted by Golden Arms View Post
    Ray, you did Hung Gar from what I remember before working with Bond Chan, as well as some other stuff, why isnt that in your lineage? And to the people that are talking about 'stances', that just betrays your lack of knowledge of fighting for the most part, because stances are just steps, they are not generally static positions you hold and scoot around from.
    This betrays your lack of knowledge of even boxing. Footwork is very important in boxing.

http://encarta.msn.com/encyclopedia_..._2/Boxing.html

"A successful boxer must have sound training and fundamental techniques. These techniques include stance, punches, feints (fakes), blocks, footwork, and other aspects of the sport sometimes called the “sweet science.” In addition, boxers often employ different strategies during a bout."
    Last edited by lunghushan; 01-17-2007 at 11:41 AM.

it's funny how the rat who swore he'd never post again keeps squeeking

http://ezine.kungfumagazine.com/foru...8&d=1169048964

As much as I get annoyed when it gets derailed by the array of strange angry people that hover around him like moths, his good posts are some of my favorites.
    I think he goes into a cave to meditate and recharge his chi...and bite the heads off of bats, of course....

Quote Originally Posted by lkfmdc View Post
    It's because you're not nice to me, lkfmdc. If you were nice, then I might stop being a fly on your windshield.

But because you're mean, I have no reason to stop. LOL

If there was a way to cough on you over the internet, that would be such an easy way to get rid of your germaphobic arse.... but I'm trying to do you a favor, NO ONE LIKES YOU, if you leave now, no one will be mean to you anymore....

BY the way, what an idiot responding to someone you claim you have on "ignore"

Quote Originally Posted by lkfmdc View Post

http://ezine.kungfumagazine.com/foru...8&d=1169048964
    ya, didnt you know you have to be nice to everyone man? where were you when the rules were divied out?
    A man has only one death. That death may be as weighty as Mt. Tai, or it may be as light as a goose feather. It all depends upon the way he uses it....
    ~Sima Qian

Master pain, or pain will master you.
    ~PangQuan

"Just do your practice. Who cares if someone else's practice is not traditional, or even fake? What does that have to do with you?"
    ~Gene "The Crotch Master" Ching

You know you want to click me!!