Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: student's first fight

Quote Originally Posted by lkfmdc View Post
    If there was a way to cough on you over the internet, that would be such an easy way to get rid of your germaphobic arse.... but I'm trying to do you a favor, NO ONE LIKES YOU, if you leave now, no one will be mean to you anymore....

BY the way, what an idiot responding to someone you claim you have on "ignore"
    we all know lungs ignore list is really just a list of everyone that makes him feel even more insecure...
    A man has only one death. That death may be as weighty as Mt. Tai, or it may be as light as a goose feather. It all depends upon the way he uses it....
    ~Sima Qian

Master pain, or pain will master you.
    ~PangQuan

"Just do your practice. Who cares if someone else's practice is not traditional, or even fake? What does that have to do with you?"
    ~Gene "The Crotch Master" Ching

You know you want to click me!!

didnt mean to participate in the thread derail. just ross is so funny i have to chime in now and then.

back on track now:

Hey ray. how long has your guy been training, and are you the first trainer he has had?
    A man has only one death. That death may be as weighty as Mt. Tai, or it may be as light as a goose feather. It all depends upon the way he uses it....
    ~Sima Qian

~PangQuan

"Just do your practice. Who cares if someone else's practice is not traditional, or even fake? What does that have to do with you?"

If there was a way to cough on you over the internet, that would be such an easy way to get rid of your germaphobic arse.... but I'm trying to do you a favor, NO ONE LIKES YOU, if you leave now, no one will be mean to you anymore....

BY the way, what an idiot responding to someone you claim you have on "ignore"
    Yeah it's obvious nobody likes me. Do you think I really give a crap? What I can't believe is you keep responding to somebody you don't like. I can't believe that somebody with a successful school wastes time with a nobody on a forum.

And yeah, I am ignoring you. LOL LOL LOL

Quote Originally Posted by lunghushan View Post
    Yeah it's obvious nobody likes me.
    and yet he still hangs around....
    Chan Tai San Book at https://www.createspace.com/4891253

Quote Originally Posted by taai gihk yahn View Post
    well, like LKFMDC - he's a genuine Kung Fu Hero™
    Quote Originally Posted by Taixuquan99 View Post
    As much as I get annoyed when it gets derailed by the array of strange angry people that hover around him like moths, his good posts are some of my favorites.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kellen Bassette View Post
    I think he goes into a cave to meditate and recharge his chi...and bite the heads off of bats, of course....

Just think of me as the herpes virus you got when rolling around with somebody you didn't bother to get checked out.

You can never get rid of it. You got it for life.

Quote Originally Posted by lunghushan View Post
    Hi my name is Neil and I got herpes and anal warts from a male pro in downtown Seattle. Ever since then I've never been the same. Now the doctors say it's spread to my brain and soon I'll be crapping myself
    Admiting you have a problem is the first step to recovery. Good for you

As much as I get annoyed when it gets derailed by the array of strange angry people that hover around him like moths, his good posts are some of my favorites.
    I think he goes into a cave to meditate and recharge his chi...and bite the heads off of bats, of course....

roflmfao....

now all my co workers in the office are looking at me like im crazy for busting up laughing.
    ~Sima Qian

~PangQuan

On footwork: mobility, stopping power and courage to be calm to do what needs to be done are HUGE to me, and we train them.

To me, there's two types of footwork, pre- and post contact. Pre-contact footwork I control. I read the other's rythm and pattern and move in and out of range to create an advantage. Once we have made contact, my footwork is dictated somewhat -- actually alot -- by the forces being imposed on me... i keep my structure, try to maintain my relative position while riding out surges of filling in gaps.

I don't take a "shuffle to the left and then shuffle to the right, now circle" aproach. As all things, I train the attributes so I can respond naturally with struture, mechanics and hopefully explosiveness.

Also under stand this, I myself am a student. I'm always working to improve all areas of my own fighting and my students do the same.... we train together

Lineage: I didn't include Hung Gar, Wing Chun or even my Issin-Ryu because while I have learned and gained a lot from the study of all those, even the Southern Mantis, they aren't expressed through me anymore... safe to say they never were, I didn't go deep enough to make their movements mine naturaly while under pressure.

What I was able to learn, retain, incorporate and I think somewhat internalise from Master Chan has been invaluable to me. He created the martial artist that I am today.

As for Master Renzo Gracie, his school is the best all-around training enevironment I've ever been in... great facility, a lot of world class instructors willing to work hands on and answer any question right then and there and most of all ... NO BULL$HIT! We drill takedowns, submissions, escapes, guard pass/prevention, side control submission/escape, mount submission/escape and free roll every class! Ego's get checked real quick.

Quote Originally Posted by PangQuan View Post
    how long has your guy been training, and are you the first trainer he has had?

I'm his only teacher. He's been with me for two years now I think. His hands are actually really good. I have a hard time getting in on him myself now... I think he was a little nervous and opened his door a bit too much.... but he toughed out taking a decent shot and we got the footage so we can revue it.

He's a good kid. I introduced him to my master so he can continue his training after I leave but it might be hard for him to train in that environment: he's used to gearing up and drilling with intention, rolling. Might be hard to do excercises in the air with "seniors" who are too good to play with and the drama that goes along with that. But he loves weapons and my master is great.

One of the reasons I wanted him to get a fight in before I go is because I wanted him to feel that for himself: how to go and test your stuff and get feedback. Than he can train anywhere and build himself.

Dropped hands....

Not a bad tactic. Some of the better stylistic fighters I've seen used the dropped hands approach for the same reason you stated.....

Don't have to worry about long punches much anyway, (and you still have effective defense options) you mostly worry about kicks at a distance, and if you clear a kick, you can close in for a world of devastating strikes. JKD uses the same thing....

Every teacher I've ever had has repeated one thing---a kicker will always lose to a punch....unless he's Chuck Norris, of course.

Seemed like a good first fight. Since it was his first, I can see why he was a bit tentative. Hopefully he'll be a little more aggressive next time when he sees the openings he had in front of him. He had plenty. But I'm sure it was just jitters/caution.

Stances aren't overrated, though. They provide a good way to close/clear distances and work the floor---something he could benefit from. I know it was a small floor, but even then a good fighter with footwork can get his opponent on his heels with little more than that.

Seems like you're doing a good job as a mentor.

But for real......was that guy a thai boxer, or was he just frontin' the shorts?

And LKFMDC.........please paraphrase this post and make it into something funny....I'm laughing my ass off.....you have no idea.... HAHAHA!!!!! Anal warts....

Yes, I have to admit that I am a hopeless pathetic basket case, who has nothing better to do than insult some nobody on the Internet when I could actually be teaching my students. I would like to recover but unfortunately I am quite beyond that because the syphilis that I got as a child when I was raped by my uncle caused permanent brain damage before they treated it with antibiotics.
    Okay ... that was for Shaolin Wookie. Let's see how lkfmdc warps that one.

final grade: F

you see Neil, it's only funny if you think of it FIRST, not if you do it after I've gotten you with it 137 times before.....

Did your anal wart burst today?

final grade: A++

Wow, Lunghushan, I think you are the absolutely best poster on here and, all those insults that you gave me just totally made me feel so pathetic.

I just had to post again and again and again to take my mind off of my raging hemorrhoids, the real reason I never teach class and just post on the Internet while sitting on a toilet seat.
    Let's see what he does with this one.

In Seattle there was a boy named Neil
    who during anal was know like a pig to squil
    though he had a room with a view
    he had a very low IQ
    which accounted for his nonexistant sex appeal

In Seattle there was a boy named Neil
    who during anal was know like a pig to squil
    though he had a room with a view
    he had a very low IQ
    which accounted for his nonexistant sex appeal
    In New York there was a teacher named Ross,
    Who had a head like a rock without moss.
    Although he had a nice school,
    He posted crap like a fool,
    And soon his school was run at a loss.