Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Rooting - Help me Shaolin People!

Maybe I misunderstood, but I believe he's talking about not switching stances. In all reality, you shouldn't "hop" back....you shouldn't move at all. But if you're trying to "develop" a root, that's what's going to happen. In that case, don't switch stances, just learn to dig in.

Quote Originally Posted by blackmantis View Post

So, how do I get rooted??? What's the secret??? Any thoughts would be appreciated!

Thank you,

S
    First, there is no secret. Practice and use the methods taht bring results in the area you are looking for results in.

second , be patient, just because you are weak now, doesn't mean you will always be weak. You will get stronger as you practice more.

continue practice, be patient and you will yield results. Don't expect big results unless you have done big work.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

Maybe I misunderstood, but I believe he's talking about not switching stances. In all reality, you shouldn't "hop" back....you shouldn't move at all. But if you're trying to "develop" a root, that's what's going to happen. In that case, don't switch stances, just learn to dig in.
    If he's talking about not switching stances then that's why he is getting "uprooted". If you get pushed from the front you won't have a choice but to switch from a horse stance. You should switch if you need to. Part of "rooting" is being flexible
    Hung Sing Martial Arts Association
    Self Protection, Self Confidence, Physical Fitness
    www.HungSingChoyLayFut.com

Martial Arts Training and fitness Blog
    http://hungsingmartialarts.blogspot.com/

I have a Zha Bao freind who can root well on one leg. Based on what he etaches, you should be able to root strong no matter what direction you are being pushed from. Even the horse stance from the front. He just sinks into it, and it is really hard to push him over.
    Those that are the most sucessful are also the biggest failures. The difference between them and the rest of the failures is they keep getting up over and over again, until they finally succeed.

For the Women:

+ = & a

I have a Zha Bao freind who can root well on one leg. Based on what he etaches, you should be able to root strong no matter what direction you are being pushed from. Even the horse stance from the front. He just sinks into it, and it is really hard to push him over.
    Well, I'd like to test it.
    Hung Sing Martial Arts Association
    Self Protection, Self Confidence, Physical Fitness
    www.HungSingChoyLayFut.com

Martial Arts Training and fitness Blog
    http://hungsingmartialarts.blogspot.com/

Let me know when you would like to come up and see us. He has been asking me to introduce him to the local talent anyway.
    Those that are the most sucessful are also the biggest failures. The difference between them and the rest of the failures is they keep getting up over and over again, until they finally succeed.

For the Women:

+ = & a