Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: need an honest answer

shaolin allan sez

Many UFC fighters don't do it to prove themselves as good fighters, they do it for the money mainly and for the fame also. If they originally started with traditional ways they have now moved onto more type of training like a boxer.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Top rated boxers in their prime dont enter UFC--- make better money in boxing.
    In the early UFC...after going through almost payless prelims you would meet for the final where the winner might get $30, 000 or so after taxes.

The public often mistake media events for reality--in politics, war or fighting.

Some folks who have had to deal with serious encounters are unlikely to brag on forums...and dont have a need for impressing forum warriors.

joy chaudhuri

Quote Originally Posted by msg View Post
    heres a real answer its not that cma people cant fight or that chinese ma is not good enough ufc is a sport a lot of people dont do sports not football or baseball its all a sport ..and if you train in real kungfu its not sport oriented its made for one thing and one thing only to cause realy bad bodely damage not to make some one tap out ..talk to any old master he will tell you the real kungfu is to kill thats what the shaolin and all those arts are for

Well, that's an opinion, but Iam afraid that I don't share it. The old *Kung fu is too deadly to use* argument is just some nonsense excuse, and those who continually use it actually damage the future development of kung fu, in my opinion, because they just proved a convenient reason why not improve.

In fact, it is nonsense. All this abotu kung fu is for killing - what rot! That's just an attempt to play a game where kung fu is too deadly to use. What techniques are so deadly? Thrusting fingers in to the eyes until the brain bursts? UFC fighters could do that just the same. The awesome, secret kung fu that could beat UFC but hides away isn't worth a penny. Not that I say there is no kung fu that could beat UFC, just that the nonsense excuses are just that!

As for kung fu is not a sport, what a nonsense excuse! That's like saying kung fu is only a kick in the groin and a poke in the eye and a bite out of your leg! If that's true, then I guess that's all that kung fu is and any so and so can do it! If what you say is true, then all the rest - all the kung fu moves which ARE allowed under UFC are all redundant and useless, because even where they allowed, using only those rules against those rules, kung fu can't win! Very funny.

Quote Originally Posted by WingTsun20 View Post
    Lets see RULES are the main reasons.... Not being able to use the art that they learn and also they'd prob have to end up gouging the guys eyes out or flattening the guys nuts...

Alot of MMA competitions don't let martial artists use certain movements...

Bah! Ready made excuses, lol... If the rules allowed eye gouging and kicks to the balls the UFC fighters would still be miles ahead of, and miles more likely to win than 99.999999 per cent of Chinese stylists, and everyone knows it.

Quote Originally Posted by Vajramusti View Post
    Many UFC fighters don't do it to prove themselves as good fighters, they do it for the money mainly and for the fame also. If they originally started with traditional ways they have now moved onto more type of training like a boxer.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Top rated boxers in their prime dont enter UFC--- make better money in boxing.
    In the early UFC...after going through almost payless prelims you would meet for the final where the winner might get $30, 000 or so after taxes.

The public often mistake media events for reality--in politics, war or fighting.

Some folks who have had to deal with serious encounters are unlikely to brag on forums...and dont have a need for impressing forum warriors.

joy chaudhuri
    Well, who cares about them? If they can't come and offer the real information then we have to find out about it on our own. Secret experts aren't worth a penny to us in that case! And if those secret experts exist, then they musn't love martial arts or care about it, or they must be motivated by personal reasons if they don't care about improving the state of CMA. Many excellent CMA stylists openly share the most profound information.

Discussing martial arts and the reality of how to improve is not bragging - and those who call it bragging - well, their opinions aren't worth a penny either, lol. The fact of the matter is, just to come on a forum and say "Their are secret masters who don't brag but are secretly awesome" is already the most despicable kind of bragging! They get all the credit for it, but never, ever prove it! How funny!

Boxers can fight UFC - they would just need to adapt training. There is a Japanese boxer in the K1 who is an astoundingly technically good boxer - I forget his name - and he trains to fight kick boxers - with the right training, his boxing adapts because Western boxing is light years ahead of 99.99999999 per cent of Chinese martial arts.

As for media events versus reality - what a nonsense excuse! UFC's aren't staged shows, lol, and what a despicable insinuation to assert that secretly there are more real things going on... only, you don't want to brag! Ha ha ha....

A fight against someone who isn't trained is one thing, but CMA is supposed to have a profound level. If it can't beat UFC, then either it isn't real kung fu, or kung fu can't beat MMA....

The rules of UFC are well wide enough for any style to do their stuff, within the bounds of being civilised. And if it wasn't civilised, 99.99999 % of those secret masters would just as much lose, in my view.

ya ya its still a fact that kung.fu is not a sport and ufc is plain and simple ..if you realy think that a ufc guy could beat a real kung fu artist ..what about people like patterson or frank kumar ..

ya ya its still a fact that kung.fu is not a sport and ufc is plain and simple ..
    Well, such as that is true the plain and simple reality is that that doesn't offer any where near the kind of blanket excuse for the faliure of CMA as you might think. Sport it may be, but its rules are wide enough to allow a wing chun guy to fight. If what you are saying is that Wing Chin could win, only, your eye strikes aren't allowed, so it can't, then I'll laugh for ten days.

As for ya yas, well sure, a poke in the eye is painful, but if that is all that Wing Chun has that is different, lol, then the UFC guys know Wing Chun also, because any one can poke in the eye.

Translated in to reality, what you are actually saying is that rules for rules, Wing Chun is useless unless one or two techniques are allowed - such as a poke in the eye or a kick in the balls. Which also means that technique for technique, UFC must be superior to Wing Chun in every respect other than those few techniques, because within the rules, it can't win... So the only thing *superior* about Wing Chun is the illegal techniques... one or two moves which any fool could do... and any UFC fighter could easily do. Very funny.

But, thanks - what you ARE saying is that we can disregard 99.9 percent of Wing Chun - as other techniques are proved to be far more useful. That's good research then.

See, all this "kung fu is not a sprt" nonsense is a smoke and mirrors trick. And the obvious implication of your logic is that everything that CAN be used in UFC COULD be tested.... lol.... and if it can't win - without the "deadly" techniques - then it ain't worth much then is it? Might as well take the two deadyl techniques and add them to MMA style! So uch for kung fu in that case!

if you realy think that a ufc guy could beat a real kung fu artist ..what about people like patterson or frank kumar ..
    Well, who says a UFC guy won't be a real kung fu artist? What do you class as real kung fu?
    It's not worth a penny!

i dont even do wing chun i do hsing.i for the engery but in a real fight i would use kuntao,silat and how do think saying kungfu is not a sport is smoke and mirrors

i dont even do wing chun i do hsing.i for the engery but in a real fight i would use kuntao,silat and how do think saying kungfu is not a sport is smoke and mirrors

Wing Chun, Hsing Yi - irrelevent... insert name here... the so called style doesn't matter one jot - same principle.

It's smoke and mirrors because it is intended to hide the ineficiency of average CMA level by pretending that CMA is too deadly to use in UFC... and that that is the reason why no kung fu styles win UFC or MMA tournaments. That is just a game of find the excuse... make up an excuse.... the kung fu masters don't want to do it... or the techniques are too deadly.... or the uniforms might get blood on them.... pick and excuse - all smoke and mirrors. Makes me sick for days to hear that kind fo thing - and worst of all, to hink that people actually believe they are defending or aiding CMA by saying it - that makes me sick for a month.
    It's not worth a penny!

During the last half of the year, the other boxers have come to me to compare their skills in combat. I will not point out who they were, in order to let them keep their ways of making a living. Now they mostly understand that they were wrong, but why do they not agree to come and discuss the martial arts openly, and furthermore, why are they not willing to compare their skills in combat, in order to improve their learning? On the contrary, they go against their conscience and claim others to be wrong. They do nothing but secretly create absurd tales, and still they pretend being ignorant of those tales. What do they do that for? As for the non-professional martial artists, they want to become mysterious boxers by creating these tales, being like theatregoers not well versed in drama, they are not able to do anything but throw punches at random to show off their skills.

That is really something to be despised. In case my words are considered erroneous, can the non-professional boxing students agree to grant me instruction? Furthermore, I wish to have small friendly tests of skills in combat, and even if the people who come to me have no martial skills at all, I will not insult them, and I will not tell about them to other people in order not to harm their business. If one cannot come to visit me to grant me instruction, then please tell me the place and the time, and I will come to pay my respects on time. If one has even a tiny strong point, I will do my utmost to give him publicity, and if one has no strong points at all, I will keep my mouth shut. If one always considers oneself as a top boxer behind closed doors, that is not worth a penny.

Wang Xiang Zhai
    It's not worth a penny!

ya i pretty much know your type i most likey dont live in your area but i would love to do some friendly sparring with you maybe when i come vist the states i can come vist you ....do you have a school or place we can meat i would like you to share your knowlegde with me ...and i wil let you know when iam comeing to vist..

the point is people are allways going to have there openion on that ufc is better than cma or cma guys dont fight ufc guys because there not that good and hide wich all that talk i get pretty tired of ...so it comes down to what each person likes nether are weak ..it depends on the person and most poeple like to talk a lot of nonsense on the computer .AND THATS REAL TALK

!!!!!!

UFC is UFC, Pro boxing is pro boxing, a real TCMA is a real TCMA--- why make apple and oranges-keyboard comparisons? Dont these discussions get tiresome?

joy chaudhuri

ya ya its still a fact that kung.fu is not a sport and ufc is plain and simple ..if you realy think that a ufc guy could beat a real kung fu artist ..what about people like patterson or frank kumar ..

Do you REALLY think that the fact that it's a sport would empower a kung fu guy that much more in the street? Do you REALLY think that because you have a handful of tactics that can't be used in a ring that you have some serious advantage in a streetfight over an MMA guy? Please tell me you don't...
    i'm nobody...i'm nobody. i'm a tramp, a bum, a hobo... a boxcar and a jug of wine... but i'm a straight razor if you get to close to me.

-Charles Manson

I will punch, kick, choke, throw or joint manipulate any nationality equally without predjudice.

- Shonie Carter

the point is people are allways going to have there openion on that ufc is better than cma or cma guys dont fight ufc guys because there not that good and hide wich all that talk i get pretty tired of ...so it comes down to what each person likes nether are weak ..it depends on the person and most poeple like to talk a lot of nonsense on the computer .AND THATS REAL TALK
    It shouldn't be about thinking which style can beat which style. That is the same tired argument...however, the training methods matter more than the person does... it's neither the style or the person - it's the training methods.
    i'm nobody...i'm nobody. i'm a tramp, a bum, a hobo... a boxcar and a jug of wine... but i'm a straight razor if you get to close to me.

-Charles Manson

I will punch, kick, choke, throw or joint manipulate any nationality equally without predjudice.

- Shonie Carter

i never said a cma guy would have an advantage in the street or a ufc guy had more advantage in the street and yes i think it depends on the person some people can and are more able to take a hit or even be more calm in a fight and that is one key factor in a real fight is to be calm