Thread: Bwan, Micronesian Chin Na

Bwan, Micronesian Chin Na

I work with a Micronesian guy that said his great uncle was a master of an art known as Bwang (the "an" is pronounced like that in the word "brand").

He equated it to aikido because of all of the joint-locking (he has seen several Stephen Seagal movies). However, he never learned it himself because his great uncle died when he was only a young boy. My co-worker's current uncle, the aforementioned man's son, learned only a small portion of the style because he was too c0cky and was not permitted to learn above a certain level. The uncle now lives in Hawaii and constantly roams the island looking for people to fight. He is apparently a bit of an a$$hole!

Does anyone know anything about this style. I've looked it up and only found a sentence or two that mentions it as a martial art of Micronesia.
    Last edited by ghostexorcist; 10-14-2007 at 04:30 AM.

My co-worker has told me in the past how people fight with knives and machetes all of the time in Micronesia. It's not tribal warfare or anything, just gang related stuff. But he said that Bwang has techniques to easily disarm a blade-wielding loony. He also said that when a girl knows Bwang and she disarms a man of his machete, the man is utterly humiliated and looses much face.

Quote Originally Posted by ghostexorcist View Post
    The uncle now lives in Hawaii and constantly roams the island looking for people to fight. He is apparently a bit of an a$$hole!
    micronesians are not high on the polynesian chain.
    if he was indeed roaming around here i'm guessing he would have gotten a beat down or put in his place.
    Just a Disciple, No One Special