Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: mike makes crotch juice

The Westside Template is really the anchor in my strength and conditioning routine. I vary my routine a lot, but ever since I worked a bit with Dave Tate about 6 or so years ago, the Westside Template or some variation of it ends up back in my routine on a regular basis.

i've always felt like id be jumping on the barwaggon (hahahahahahahaahahah), but then again there just might be a reason why theres a waggon begin with.

i gave wsfsb a very breif run a while back, but its not exactly tate approved and i didnt stick with it for long. i'll grab up an actual ws routine for first half of winter.
    where's my beer?

August 17th

Pushups 0

Squat
    170 x 20

Pullovers
    25 x 20

SLDL
    120 x 15

Pullovers
    25 x 20

Incline BP
    150 x 10, 150 x 10, 150 x 7

Chins
    15, 11, 5

Military Press
    95 x 12, 95 x 9, 95 x 9

Muscle Shrug (1 -3 sec Pause)
    155 x 12, 155 x 15, 135 x 12

Bar Curl
    85 x 8, 85 x 6

Skull Crusher
    75 x8, 65 x 10

Hammer Curl + Rolling Tri Extention SuperSet
    35 x 8 +, 15 x15
    35 x 8 + 15 x 15

Wrist Curl to Fingertips
    65 x 12, 70 x 12

Reverse DB Wrist Curl + Reverse Curl Super Set
    35 x 9 + 25 x 9; 45 x 10

*started off with squats again today after light warmup and by the end of the set I couldn’t feel any other part of my body besides the throbbing in my head. When I wracked it I laid on the floor and it felt like the back of my head was going to explode. I took 2 excedrine migrains previous to training just in case - by the time i got to benching the headache subsided to barely noticable.

*all military presses since first workout have been done strict style with no english.

*skull crushers with 75lbs caused sharp pain in my elbow, but 65 felt fine
    where's my beer?

WEEK 3

August 20th

Pushups 50*

Squat
    175 x 20

Pullovers
    25 x 20

SLDL
    135 x 15

Pullovers
    25 x 20

Incline BP
    150 x 10, 150 X 8, 150 X 8

Chins
    15, 13

Military Press
    95 X 10, 95 X 10, 95 X 12

Weighted Situps (off platform plates behind head)
    17.5 x 10, 20 x 8, 20 x 6 +10 x 3 + 0 x 5

*started off with pushups and chins. Headache actually started with warmup and made me stop at 50 pushups. Hurt quite a bit while doing chins and I actually decided against finishing session. About 10 mins later I felt better and decided to at least try and do my squats. Oddly enough the squats really didnt hurt my head all that bad and it was tollerable through rest of workout.

*This was my first taste of 20 rep squats - 16 was failure. the last 4 came inbetween at least 10 to 15 very labored breaths and were grinded out by will alone. i didnt really understand what was meant be breathing like a steam engine in supersquats until tonight.

*i see my regular doctor on wednesday and a doctor i train with on thursday regarding the headaches.
    where's my beer?

been too depressed to update. headaches got so much worse. during last wednesdays workout i made it to 15 in squats before running into the rack and collapsing on the floor from the terrible pulsing in my head. most of these all but completely subsided after a few minutes, but this ones stuck around for hours. same thing happened saturday during warmup and yesterday it happened to me while ****ing swimming.

i've seen a doctor about it, but the migrain medicine perscribed didnt touch it. im 99.9% sure its muscular ... it starts in the back of my neck and radiates out to the rest of my skull by the time it reaches the front. recently **** went extremely bad at work and i ended up on the phone 8-10 hours a day, six days a week, highly stressed, and without a headset. it was about a week later i noticed the first headache during SLDL's and every now and then id get one while doing pushups or chins but not squats. over the past 3 weeks its gotten to the point that sex (or at least the orgasim) or ****ting can also bring on a headache. at their climax the headaches are worse than just about anything ive ever experienced and can leave me useless for an hour or so. the only thing that touches it at that point is a combination of darvacet and beer ... and i cant keep doing that no matter how much fun it might be.

im left with no other choice but to rest a bit until it heals or i can get a medicine that will allow me to train. ive been alternating a heating pad and ice and ill be going for a massage asap.
    where's my beer?

It could very well be a symptom of over training.

Also, if it is muscular, you may want to try some muscle relaxers just to test your hypothesis. I was thrown from a car onto pavement when I was 17. Ever since, I get massive trap spasms when I drive for too long and the tension will also cause headaches. I tried muscle relaxers after going to a sports doctor, and when that eased the problem, I came up with ways to ease the tension naturally as I don't like being dependent on medication.

Quote Originally Posted by GunnedDownAtrocity View Post
    been too depressed to update. headaches got so much worse. during last wednesdays workout i made it to 15 in squats before running into the rack and collapsing on the floor from the terrible pulsing in my head. most of these all but completely subsided after a few minutes, but this ones stuck around for hours. same thing happened saturday during warmup and yesterday it happened to me while ****ing swimming.

i've seen a doctor about it, but the migrain medicine perscribed didnt touch it. im 99.9% sure its muscular ... it starts in the back of my neck and radiates out to the rest of my skull by the time it reaches the front. recently **** went extremely bad at work and i ended up on the phone 8-10 hours a day, six days a week, highly stressed, and without a headset. it was about a week later i noticed the first headache during SLDL's and every now and then id get one while doing pushups or chins but not squats. over the past 3 weeks its gotten to the point that sex (or at least the orgasim) or ****ting can also bring on a headache. at their climax the headaches are worse than just about anything ive ever experienced and can leave me useless for an hour or so. the only thing that touches it at that point is a combination of darvacet and beer ... and i cant keep doing that no matter how much fun it might be.

im left with no other choice but to rest a bit until it heals or i can get a medicine that will allow me to train. ive been alternating a heating pad and ice and ill be going for a massage asap.
    Never mix drugs and alcohol, ever.
    You don't have migraines, you have what sounds like "tension headaches".
    It may be that as blood starts to flow, it creates tension in your neck, leading to headaches, it coudl also be a "sinus headache".
    None of the symptoms sounds like migraine headaches at all.

Do squats cause them or not?
    You say they don't, but before you said you "i made it to 15 in squats before running into the rack and collapsing on the floor from the terrible pulsing in my head."

which is it?

I don't understand your "issues" with resting.
    What do you mean you are left with "no other choice" than resting?
    Since when is resting a bad thing for you?

hope you get this sorted...

thanks man ... ive been feeling a little better and might try again tomorrow night. instead of jumping right back into the routine im going to go through some rounds on the exercises that seemed to bother me the least like presses, millitarys, and maybe some heavy tripples on squats instead of a high rep scheme as the headaches seem to be activated more by time under tension than intensity.
    where's my beer?

headaches got so bad i had to take about a week and a half off. saw two doctors, had an mri, they have no idea, im on butalbital, and i've made even better friends with beer.

since the headaches seemed to be caused more by duration than intensity i dropped the 20 rep squats and started a 5x5. i'm into the second week and the only time i had any problems was at the end of my longest day, and it was during curls. i was fine for squats, bench, and rows, but my neck cramped up and i started getting a headache during curls. go figure.
    where's my beer?

9/13/07 - Thursday
    Squat 5 120
    5 150
    5 180
    5 205
    5 235
    Bench 5 95
    5 120
    5 140
    5 165
    5 190
    Row 5 70
    5 85
    5 100
    5 120
    5 135
    Assistance:
    Hypers 140 x 10 140 x 10
    Weighted Situps 20 x 10 20 x 10
    15 x 10 15 x 10
    where's my beer?

9/22/07 - Sunday
    Squat
    5 120
    5 150
    5 180
    5 180
    Military Press
    5 70
    5 58
    5 100
    5 115
    Deadlift
    5 185
    5 215
    5 250
    5 290
    where's my beer?

adora
    9/16/07 - Sunday
    Pushups BW 3 x 10
    Squats Broomstick 5 x 8
    Military Press Broomstick 5 x 5
    Pull Ups 2 x 2
    2 x 1
    1 x 2
    Box Jumps 5 x 10
    Static Hand Stand Holds 3 x Fail
    Notes:
    Its hard to say if ive ever been more proud of adora. Great workout, awesome focus. Pull ups were done in strict controlled style - reverse grip but touching mid sternum to bar. She even used chalk. 5 x 10 on box jumps were her idea - i was going to have her do 3 x 10. shes ready for higher box. The MP's arent something im tryin to develop at her age - she just wanted to do them with me using the broomstick.

where's my beer?

9/18/07 - Tuesday

Squat
    5 120
    5 150
    5 180
    5 205
    3 240
    8 175
    Bench
    5 95
    5 120
    5 140
    5 165
    3 190
    8 140
    Row
    5 70
    5 95
    5 100
    5 120
    3 140
    8 100
    Assistance
    Weighted Dips 50 8,8,8
    Bar Curl 95 4
    65 8, 8
    Hammer Curl 35 12, 10
    Skull Crushers 65 10, 12
    Rolling Tri 20 15, 12
    where's my beer?

Hope they figure out the cause of your headaches man, that sucks.
    Bless you