Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213

Thread: mike makes crotch juice

9/4
    squat 250 3x8
    leg extentions 110 3x12
    leg curls 55 3x12
    frog kicks 4x15
    *no other work today. almost fell of the tower earlier .. . only got in session to blow off some steam. needed to spend time with family.

*after screwing up my shoulder to the point where i could no longer bench i decided to take two weeks off entirely. after this period ill start into a bodyweight routine. im going to focus on core strength, conditioning, and rehab for several weeks before getting back under the bar. its difficult, but i believe it's necessary at this point. my lower back and wrist still haven't healed, and now i've added a third injury to the mix.

9/19
    *went with scrappers bodyweight routine
    pushups - pyramid up to 12 and back down
    diamond pushups x 25
    pull ups - reg, narrow, wide grip - pyramid up to 2 and down on all 3 grips
    dips 4x10
    hindu squats 4x25
    bootstrappers 4x25
    lunges - 4x20
    crunches x20
    side crunches x 20 each side
    sit and tucks x 10
    sit and tucks each cheack x 10
    flutter kicks x 25
    6in crunches
    stretching
    neck movements and bridging

*holy hell, i thought this was going to be easy. the uppper body portion wasn't very demanding and ill have to alter that a little. possibly do the pushups off the handles and incline my feet for greater range of motion while keeping the difficulty the same or better. on my 3rd set of hindu squats i pretty much fell over. i
    got down and couldnt get back up. i finished the sets, but took me a while. the entire workout took too long also. i imagine i should get this done in 45 mins or a little under. it took me the better part of two hours tonight. ill keep that in mind next workout.

9/21
    incline pushups on handels - pyramid up to 12 and back down
    diamond pushups x 19
    pull ups - reg, narrow, wide grip - pyramid up to 4 and down on all 3 grips
    dips 10,10,10,9
    hindu squats 4x25
    bootstrappers 4x25
    lunges - didnt realize i forgot these until making log later
    crunches x20
    side crunhes x 20 each side
    sit and tucks x 10
    sit and tucks each cheack x 10
    flutter kicks x 25
    6in crunches
    reverse hypers 3 small sets
    stretching, neck movements, bridging
    - just kind of getting comfortable with the bridge - going to work more extensively on my off days starting tomorrow.

*much better time this round. about an hour and fifteen minutes. i did much better overall and i can see that ill not be on this program for more than a few weeks. ill try to get it down to 45 mins before i stop. my shoulder is killing me today, so im not sure if i should have stuck to regular pushups or kept the pullups
    at pyramids of 2. it hurt while doing the pullups, but i pushed through it which seems to be my bane. i think i may check my ego, go back to what the program originally called for and just work on getting it done faster. im just not accustomed to that mentality.
    where's my beer?

Suspect the narrow push-ups may be causing the shoulder pain (diamond). Puts a lot more stress on your delts and at a bad angle too (if you'd damaged it doing bench). Dunno what I'm saying tho, you know way more about this malarkey than I do!

IIRC Scrapper has Hindu push-ups (dive-bombers) in one of his routines: you should avoid those like the clap too if you have any shoulder probs.

Narrow grip pull-ups should stress your shoulders less than wide: wide are notorious for shoulder damage.

I hear you with the squats: it was always the boot-strappers that got me on Scrapper's workouts tho.
    its safe to say that I train some martial arts. Im not that good really, but most people really suck, so I feel ok about that - Sunfist

Sometime blog on training esp in Japan

thanks for the advice man. i used to think i knew what i was doing, but now im all banged up, so maybe i dont know as much as i thought.

i beleive it was the wide grip pullups that caused my shoulder to flair back up. the good news is that it went away within a day or two, and actually feels better since my last workout. i did stick to pushups on the floor and chins up to two though. its a weird place to be .... pyramiding pushups and pullups like this almost feels like a waste of time, but then again im actually starting to heal up. my lower back hasn't felt this good in months.
    where's my beer?

I know what you're saying, man, I've been in this physio/rehab lark since Feb 08.

Now when I get a problem with my back I'm straight in to starting bottom up: self foot massages (well yoga-style foot-handshakes and stuff), posterior chain/glute firing exercises (careful not to do these stretches as a warm-up to your weights), thru McGill's lower back stuff all the way up to my fave shoulder rehab sets.
    its safe to say that I train some martial arts. Im not that good really, but most people really suck, so I feel ok about that - Sunfist

Boring as ****e mind, but hey, I've learned to love it! The shoulder rehab and some other Diesel Crew shoulder protocol are part of my regular warm-up before weights now, just with 3 kg each hand.