Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: London Kung Fu

London Kung Fu

Hey guys, I'm looking to start some sort of kung fu training, but I have no idea what to do. Could some of you guys recomend me something. I'm looking for something which has a big emphasise on conditioning, as well as regular full contact sparring. I've had experience to boxing and muay thai before, so places which train like that would be very welcome. I'm based in Camden in London, so preferbly places near that. Thanks in advance!

Alan Orr

wing chun plus NHB and Catch wrestling

Maida Vale

Tue 730

Google for more info

You're welcome
    'In the woods there is always a sound...In the city aways a reflection.'

'What about the desert?'

'You dont want to go into the desert'

- Spartan

london, england? or london ontario?
    Kung Fu is good for you.

If it's London England I would suggest the Shaolin Temple UK. I went there last summer for a workout....and I got one. I still get tired thinking about it.

Just take the tube to Tufnell Park.

Quote Originally Posted by BoulderDawg View Post
    If it's London England I would suggest the Shaolin Temple UK. I went there last summer for a workout....and I got one. I still get tired thinking about it.

Just take the tube to Tufnell Park.
    I have to agree with this. I really wanted to dislike the Shaolin Uk guys as being just a PRC Shaolin franchise, but the first time I saw them fight in San Shou I was really impresses, and it takes a lot to impress me.

It may or maynot be 'real Shaolin' but they sure are trained to fight.

Another thing I was impressed by was the Shaolin Temple Uk guys regular (arte they still going) fight nights and interclub events V KO kick boxing (a good Thai Boxing gym).
    LOL.. really, what else did you hear?.. did you hear that he was voted Man of the Year by Kung-Fu Magizine?

stay away from master ang
    there are only masters where there are slaves

www.myspace.com/chenzhenfromjingwu

Quote Originally Posted by Shaolin Wookie View Post
    5. The reason you know you're wrong: I'm John Takeshi, and I said so, beeyotch.

London SiFu's

Top two reccomendatios

Jim Uglow Hung Gar, Paul Whitrod Chow Gar...you can't get better than those two teachers in London
    Kune Belay Sau

sorry for the late reply.. Its London England. I considered Shaolin temple, but if I remember correctly, the prices are extremely expensive? Who is Master Ang? I'll see if I can check out master paul whitrod but I can't find Jim Uglow anywhere..

Edit: Found Jim Uglow school on the net

ps. Any closer schools to Camden?

Will Paul Whitrod and Jim Uglow get you doing full contact sparring anytime soon?
    LOL.. really, what else did you hear?.. did you hear that he was voted Man of the Year by Kung-Fu Magizine?

One of my teachers has trained with both Jim Uglow and Paul Whitrod, and speaks VERY highly of both of them.

Another option is Alex Kozma, who is EXCELLENT, but does not hold regular classes as he lives in Thailand and is only somtimes in London.

As for Master Ang, I don't know either! Does anyone have any information on him?

S
    Black Mantis

Maida Vale is not far from Camden really.

Continuing on the Wing Chun side ...

Desmond Spencer (Wong Shun Leung Ving Tsun via Philipp Bayer)
    Sunday's at the Swiss Cottage Community Centre Trophy room, on Winchester Road Swiss Cottage NW3, times 2:30pm to 5:00pm.

desmondspencer123@btinternet.com

Jim Uglow Paul Whitrod

Again I repeat, Jim Uglow and Paul Whitrod....they are well worth travelling to !!
    Kune Belay Sau

Woah! I misread the bit about Alan Orr, thought he was in the states... I am defeinately checking him out!
    Do you guys know any San SHou teachers btw?

Quote Originally Posted by Davio View Post
    Woah! I misread the bit about Alan Orr, thought he was in the states... I am defeinately checking him out!
    Do you guys know any San SHou teachers btw?
    LOL I know im going on, but shaolin temple uk in london is the best san shou in the UK by far right now.

I believe Paul Whithrod's training is pretty tough, and they also teach Muay Thai at the club http://www.chowgarsouthernmantis.com/news.php. There are a few PRC trained San Shou coaches in London, but as Liokault says, Shaolin Temple UK has a very good reputation.
    "The man who stands for nothing is likely to fall for anything"
    www.swindonkungfu.co.uk