Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Sonny Chiba Lives!

Sonny Chiba Lives!

Last edited by rogue; 01-20-2007 at 02:39 PM.
    I quit after getting my first black belt because the school I was a part of was in the process of lowering their standards A painfully honest KC Elbows

The crap that many schools do is not the crap I was taught or train in or teach.

Dam nit... it made sense when it was running through my head.

DM

People love Iron Crotch. They can't get enough Iron Crotch. We all ride the Iron Crotch for the exposure. Gene

Find the safety flaw in the training. Rory Miller.

South FL. Which is not to be confused with any part of the USA
    rock on!

what style of "_______" was he supposed to be anyway?

I always like the 'internal' shots of him breaking bones and ripping hearts out and ****.
    "George never did wake up. And, even all that talking didn't make death any easier...at least not for us. Maybe, in the end, all you can really hope for is that your last thought is a nice one...even if it's just about the taste of a nice cold beer."

"If you find the right balance between desperation and fear you can make people believe anything"

"Is enlightenment even possible? Or, did I drive by it like a missed exit?"

It's simpler than you think.

I could be completely wrong"

Quote Originally Posted by Oso View Post
    rock on!

I always like the 'internal' shots of him breaking bones and ripping hearts out and ****.
    It's "Street fighting" style.
    I quit after getting my first black belt because the school I was a part of was in the process of lowering their standards A painfully honest KC Elbows

The crap that many schools do is not the crap I was taught or train in or teach.

DM

People love Iron Crotch. They can't get enough Iron Crotch. We all ride the Iron Crotch for the exposure. Gene

ok, well, i thought there was some tie in with a real karate style.
    "George never did wake up. And, even all that talking didn't make death any easier...at least not for us. Maybe, in the end, all you can really hope for is that your last thought is a nice one...even if it's just about the taste of a nice cold beer."

"If you find the right balance between desperation and fear you can make people believe anything"

Found this on Wiki.

In addition to his acting ability, Chiba also has blackbelts in the following martial arts:

* Ninjutsu—Fourth Dan
    * Karate Goju—Second Dan
    * Judo—Second Dan
    * Kendo—First Dan
    * Shorinji Kempo—First Dan
    * Kyokushin—First Dan
    * Japan Action Club (JAC)—Founder
    o This organization aims to develop and raise the level of martial arts techniques and sequences used in Japanese film and television.

DM

* Ninjutsu—Fourth Dan
    aww, ******...

Oh yeah, Sonny is a ninja. The man's coolness has no limits.

Looks like his initial karate training was under Mas Oyama. Not a bad start.
    Last edited by rogue; 01-21-2007 at 09:15 AM.

DM

yea, Oyama would be a good start.

but, why, oh why, did he have to sully it with neenja training???????????????????

Because, being a ninja is the shiznitz.

DM

rock on!

i think in the movies it was actually suppose to be a cross between japanese karate and chinese kung fu. if i have my chiba series right anyway.

he is a half breed by story line. I think thats the street fighters story, havent watched any of em in a while though.

sonny chiba is fresh.

i would have loved to watch him fight bruce lee in real life.....i would put my dollar on chiba
    A man has only one death. That death may be as weighty as Mt. Tai, or it may be as light as a goose feather. It all depends upon the way he uses it....
    ~Sima Qian

Master pain, or pain will master you.
    ~PangQuan

"Just do your practice. Who cares if someone else's practice is not traditional, or even fake? What does that have to do with you?"
    ~Gene "The Crotch Master" Ching

You know you want to click me!!

yea, Oyama would be a good start.

but, why, oh why, did he have to sully it with neenja training???????????????????
    Because karate is actually Okinawan, from China, and not even Japanese. What they call 'ninjitsu' actually comes from ryus of jujitsu and taijitsu. There's only a few that are actually what most people think of as 'ninjitsu' (concealment, certain weapons and all that).

Oh, and the Ninjitsu dark costumes are B.S. that was designed out of the Kabuki cinema. They had people who wore dark costumes to move the props around between acts, and when they started portraying 'Ninja' on the screen, they used those costumes. It's total B.S.

ninja would wear dark clothing. sometimes red. or get thier clothing wet before a known battle if possible.

to hide blood from any wounds they may have.

they sometimes also carried small boxes with holes in them that housed crickets. for sneaking around outside at night.

the sashes they would wear would often be of an extreme length near 10 feet or more, to be able to create a small hammick of sorts in trees for extended recon...or to tie yourself to a tree for dozing off.
    A man has only one death. That death may be as weighty as Mt. Tai, or it may be as light as a goose feather. It all depends upon the way he uses it....
    ~Sima Qian

Master pain, or pain will master you.
    ~PangQuan

"Just do your practice. Who cares if someone else's practice is not traditional, or even fake? What does that have to do with you?"
    ~Gene "The Crotch Master" Ching

You know you want to click me!!

Quote Originally Posted by PangQuan View Post
    ninja would wear dark clothing. sometimes red. or get thier clothing wet before a known battle if possible.

to hide blood from any wounds they may have.

they sometimes also carried small boxes with holes in them that housed crickets. for sneaking around outside at night.

the sashes they would wear would often be of an extreme length near 10 feet or more, to be able to create a small hammick of sorts in trees for extended recon...or to tie yourself to a tree for dozing off.
    Supposedly they usually wore common villagers clothes to not be noticed, and when on 'missions' in the palace or whatever they would wear clothes of the enemy, once again, to blend in and not be noticed.

But who knows. There's supposed to be a Chinese counterpart to the Japanese 'ninja', but I can't seem to find much info about it anywhere.

Ah nevermind, I wont even worry about it.
    Last edited by Golden Arms; 01-22-2007 at 01:19 PM.
    -Golden Arms-

Quote Originally Posted by Oso
    Quote Originally Posted by PangQuan View Post
    i think in the movies it was actually suppose to be a cross between japanese karate and chinese kung fu. if i have my chiba series right anyway.
    The style I usually see listed is Kyokushin but you can find Goju Ryu Kata and techniques in there, which makes sense because Kyokushin draws upon Goju Ryu. If the wikipedia Sonny Chiba article is true (it says he is a first Dan in Kyokushin and a second Dan in Goju Ryu). http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sonny_Chiba
    Last edited by The Xia; 05-27-2007 at 06:54 PM.