Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Sonny Chiba Lives!

ya, chiba is pretty learned in the ol' arts...

the story line behind street fighter is actually da bomb. if remember correctly, the style, that is in the story line ( not to be confused with any real styles, as they were trying to "make one up" for his character) chiba is the only one that knows said style as his dad died and left his legacy to "terry"
    A man has only one death. That death may be as weighty as Mt. Tai, or it may be as light as a goose feather. It all depends upon the way he uses it....
    ~Sima Qian

Master pain, or pain will master you.
    ~PangQuan

"Just do your practice. Who cares if someone else's practice is not traditional, or even fake? What does that have to do with you?"
    ~Gene "The Crotch Master" Ching

You know you want to click me!!

South FL. Which is not to be confused with any part of the USA
    Quote Originally Posted by lunghushan View Post
    Supposedly they usually wore common villagers clothes to not be noticed, and when on 'missions' in the palace or whatever they would wear clothes of the enemy, once again, to blend in and not be noticed.

But who knows. There's supposed to be a Chinese counterpart to the Japanese 'ninja', but I can't seem to find much info about it anywhere.
    that would supposedly be the 'vagabonds' and vagabond style kung fu. if "The Skills of the Vagabonds" by Leung Ting is to be believed, a Hakka style in origin.

and THAT is why Ninjas Suck(TM)
    "George never did wake up. And, even all that talking didn't make death any easier...at least not for us. Maybe, in the end, all you can really hope for is that your last thought is a nice one...even if it's just about the taste of a nice cold beer."

"If you find the right balance between desperation and fear you can make people believe anything"

"Is enlightenment even possible? Or, did I drive by it like a missed exit?"

It's simpler than you think.

I could be completely wrong"

Have you guys ever heard of Chinese Ninjas?

Wait for it.....

Exactly!

Quote Originally Posted by Lama Pai Sifu View Post

Wait for it.....

Exactly!
    only because they are so much better than japanese ninjas.

i mean, they have 10x the cooler name: Vagabonds.

Totally hot name.

I mean...c'mon

ninjas

??????

wtf is cool about that name?

besides, I have the shirt that proves ninjas suck.
    "George never did wake up. And, even all that talking didn't make death any easier...at least not for us. Maybe, in the end, all you can really hope for is that your last thought is a nice one...even if it's just about the taste of a nice cold beer."

"If you find the right balance between desperation and fear you can make people believe anything"

That doesn't make much sense though because vagabond is just another name for hakka (wanderer).

will you puhleeeeeze stop trying to make sense out of this perfectly ridiculous thread?

Ridiculous? What you talking bout Willis? This thread is about Sonny Chiba, and that's as real and serious as you can get.

One more bad word about ninjas and Sho Kosugi will hijack every beer truck heading to your town.
    I quit after getting my first black belt because the school I was a part of was in the process of lowering their standards A painfully honest KC Elbows

The crap that many schools do is not the crap I was taught or train in or teach.

Dam nit... it made sense when it was running through my head.

DM

People love Iron Crotch. They can't get enough Iron Crotch. We all ride the Iron Crotch for the exposure. Gene

Find the safety flaw in the training. Rory Miller.

bahh...my door is always open to any two-bit-no-talent neenja who wants to come visit.

Ha, the gauntlet has been thrown down, expect a visit from the ninja master! Of course you'll never see or hear him, you'll just wake up with one eye brow shaved off and your left finger in a glass of warm water. At least that's how it went down at Ninja summer camp.
    I quit after getting my first black belt because the school I was a part of was in the process of lowering their standards A painfully honest KC Elbows

The crap that many schools do is not the crap I was taught or train in or teach.

DM

People love Iron Crotch. They can't get enough Iron Crotch. We all ride the Iron Crotch for the exposure. Gene

ppffffffttt

Well ppffffffttt and blech right back at you!

DM

hush...i'm studying up on Stephen Oliver's latest marketing schemes...no time for neenjas now.

Oh, Snap. Got 'Moved'

figured it would have happened sooner.

Quote Originally Posted by Lama Pai Sifu View Post
    You mean Lin Kuei? :P
    "Beware of entrance to a quarrel, but being in, bear't that the opposed may beware of thee."-William Shakespeare

uh-oh....you done did it now.

the forest devils will be paying you a visit any night now....