View Poll Results: Who believes I got knocked on my ass today?

Voters
14. You may not vote on this poll
  • No video, no knock down.

4 28.57%
  • Me, cuz you're a big fatass who couldn't fight his way out of a paper bag.

6 42.86%
  • Me, cuz kung fu sucks.

0 0%
  • Not me, cuz I think you're trying to make a point using some reverse psycho BS.

4 28.57%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Got knocked on my ass today

Quote Originally Posted by Oso View Post
    bwaa, there is no real difference between karate and kung fu, or anything else, if whoever is teaching it hasn't piled too much BS on top of it all.

just a better man...for now
    Most karate is just butchered southern crane. The stuff that isn't so butchered mostly IS southern crane.

You didn't have an "I believe it cause I've seen 'M' spar" option so I was stuck with the reverse psych bs option. I'm going to try to get back down there February of March. My weekends have been preety filled up lately, but after our last sparring session I've got the itch to get back down there and get my arse handed to me some more. Fun way to learn.
    AND, yea, a good bit of it is about whether you can fight with what you know...kinda all of it is about that.

South FL. Which is not to be confused with any part of the USA
    oops, didn't even think about that. next week will be the last week of boxing only. the toughman is the week after. then we'll go back to general rules.

btw, a student of Bob's came to spar saturday. the same teen who entered the tournament last Feb. (tall kid, dreads) he did very well. he sparred with me and M and two of my other students and basically handled business.
    "George never did wake up. And, even all that talking didn't make death any easier...at least not for us. Maybe, in the end, all you can really hope for is that your last thought is a nice one...even if it's just about the taste of a nice cold beer."

"If you find the right balance between desperation and fear you can make people believe anything"

"Is enlightenment even possible? Or, did I drive by it like a missed exit?"

It's simpler than you think.

I could be completely wrong"

It'll be a year this spring. wow time flies.

Is saturday sparring spectator friendly?

sparing on

with one foot tied behind my back ?

Quote Originally Posted by Ming Yue View Post
    It'll be a year this spring. wow time flies.

Is saturday sparring spectator friendly?
    yep. you really should see M whup up on me. 1-3.

it has been almost a year. time for another guilt trip?????

mambi, better keep both feet on the ground.
    "George never did wake up. And, even all that talking didn't make death any easier...at least not for us. Maybe, in the end, all you can really hope for is that your last thought is a nice one...even if it's just about the taste of a nice cold beer."

"If you find the right balance between desperation and fear you can make people believe anything"

oops, didn't even think about that. next week will be the last week of boxing only. the toughman is the week after. then we'll go back to general rules.

btw, a student of Bob's came to spar saturday. the same teen who entered the tournament last Feb. (tall kid, dreads) he did very well. he sparred with me and M and two of my other students and basically handled business.
    I know the guy you're talking about and if he did well, then he is showing improvement from the last time I saw him. Good, I hope that more from Bob's school make it out there.
    AND, yea, a good bit of it is about whether you can fight with what you know...kinda all of it is about that.

sparing on

and my ass on the floor ("Got nothing to win so got nothing to loose )" How about an A.A.R.P handicap ?

Quote Originally Posted by Judge Pen View Post
    I know the guy you're talking about and if he did well, then he is showing improvement from the last time I saw him. Good, I hope that more from Bob's school make it out there.
    yea, he did very well. he only said a couple of silly things that I just said 'that may be true but it's definitely debatable.' he's got very decent kicks and was really very squirrelly on the ground, i had to work to pass guard.

i do hope that more of his folks come out. it's good for my folks to work with others outside our group as well. they've had some decent experience against karate type folks but the more the better.

just hollar when you think you'll be over. i don't anticipate not being here on a saturday till mid/late Apr so we'll be here.

At least you didn't video yourself falling out of the ring.
    Bah! What will it take to live that down!!!
    "In the world of martial arts, respect is often a given. In the real world, it must be earned."

"A stupid man's report of what a clever man says is never accurate because he unconsciously translates what he hears into something he can understand. "--Bertrand Russell

"Liberals - Cosmopolitan critics, men who are the friends of every country save their own. "--Benjamin Disraeli

"A conservative government is an organised hypocrisy."--Benjamin Disraeli

o Yea !

sparing for those over 50 ! Bet I can take any one of you guys and girls parents ! or Grandparents . At A.M.A saturdays. Bring them on ! (dont forget their denture cups)

LOL, i like the way a couple of people I've never even heard of on this forum think i'm a big fatass...truth withstanding...

ok, i'll see if M will be ok with video taping.

then ya'll can see how bad a boxer I am.

Oso, maybe it's something subconscious<sp?> and has to do with your avatar?

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzly View Post
    Oso, maybe it's something subconscious<sp?> and has to do with your avatar?
    ????????????

oh, wait, i get you.

i've tried other avatars a while back but have kept to the walking bear by popular demand.

personally, i think it's one of the cooler avatars round here.
    Last edited by Oso; 01-23-2007 at 05:33 AM.

http://www.foto-aficion.com/blog/vid...cia_horror.jpg

It's just too bad we're limited to such a small area.

Now not even GDA can claim to have brought such unbridled horror to the forum.
    Last edited by Chang Style Novice; 01-23-2007 at 10:03 PM. Reason: couldn't shut up
    All my fight strategy is based on deliberately injuring my opponents. -
    Crippled Avenger

"It is the same in all wars; the soldiers do the fighting, the journalists do the shouting, and no true patriot ever get near a front-line trench, except on the briefest of propoganda visits...Perhaps when the next great war comes we may see that sight unprecendented in all history, a jingo with a bullet-hole in him."

First you get good, then you get fast, then you get good and fast.