Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: My dog bit the neighbor girl

Quote Originally Posted by Black Jack II View Post
    The fact is that certain breeds are more likely to be involved in fatal attacks on humans. Going out of your way to own such breeds is irresponsible and contributes to the problem.-

That is a pile of crap if I ever heard one. .

No, that's a pile of 'fact,' and I wouldn't be surprised if you never heard one because you seem so unfamiliar with them.

Owning a certain breed is not irresponsible at all. .

Owning a breed proven to be more likely to kill is irresponsible. Your willful denial of that fact is also irresponsible.

Your uneducated in the first person. Get out of your apartment and go get involved with these animals, so you can be informed in what you are actually cackling about, as its obvious you are not. .

And now you are left with nothing but empty assumptions.

Newfoundlands can do damage, Bro. Betcha dollars to donuts that if he ever bites, he will magically turn into a pit bull.-

And now you are reduced to magical little guessing games about Pit-bulls being mistaken for Newfies.

Quote Originally Posted by Water Dragon View Post
    I will never own another breed except an American Bulldog. AB's are basically 100 pound pits that are more man aggresive. Does that make me irresponsible?

YES

Quote Originally Posted by unkokusai View Post
    And now you are reduced to magical little guessing games about Pit-bulls being mistaken for Newfies.

That was I who stated that. I've seen it happen personally with a Boxer. Boxer bit a kid, and it was reported as a "Pitbull Attack" in the paper. A couple years back, there were "two vicious Pit bulls" running around wild on a game preserve in Chicago. The two Pits ended up being a Black Lab and a Shephard mix. I've heard of it happening a lot. Face it, "Pit Bull attacks child" sells a lot more papers than "Mutt bites Kid". I'm not saying your stats are wrong, but I am saying they may be suspect due to the above reasoning.

Also, how am I irresponsible by owning an AB? The dog obeyed everyone in my house, including my kids. She never failed to obey a command, was always leashed in public without exception, and even though we had a fenced yard, I would chain her anyway if I wasn't with her.

Do you even know what makes a Bull Breed bite and why a Pit or AB bites for totally different reasons than a German Shepherd, Rottie, or small breed? If you understand why Bulldogs bite, you'll understand why it's the owner that's generally at fault.
    I have no idea what WD is talking about.--Royal Dragon

Do you even know what makes a Bull Breed bite and why a Pit or AB bites for totally different reasons than a German Shepherd, Rottie, or small breed? If you understand why Bulldogs bite, you'll understand why it's the owner that's generally at fault.
    Actually I have no idea why bull dog breeds bite. They only seem to bite when they've been trained to play that way. Rotties seem to be more interested in the tactile sensation of whatever it is they're playing with, like a chew toy.

Rotties bite because they were bred to protect things. They're extremely territorial, and usually bite when whatever they are guarding is threatened. That's why, a Rott will tend to corner you and just guard you if you don't move.

German Shephards were bred as sheep dogs, their instinct is to protect the flock. That's why you hear a lot of stories of GSD's biting the neighbor kids, but not many where they bite their own kid. Usually, the two kids are playing, somewhat roughly, the dog thinks the neighbor is hurting 'their kid' and they bite to protect the flock.

Bull breeds were breed to fight and kill other animales, so they are extremely dominant. That's why they're usually not so good with other dogs. Their instinct is to fight to be the Alpha. Bull's generally bite because they think they have more status than the person they bite, kinda like wimmins. Usually this is because the owner has no idea how to handle the dog, and lets it do whatever it wants to. A lot of times with smaller kids, prey drive kicks in and the dog sees the kid as prey. Thing is, it's easy to spot high prey drive, and you handle the dog accordingly. High prey dogs should be workers, and never family pets. That's common sense to anyone who knows the breed, but not to Joe Public.

Yeah, I like dogs.

Rotties bite because they were bred to protect things. They're extremely territorial, and usually bite when whatever they are guarding is threatened. That's why, a Rott will tend to corner you and just guard you if you don't move.

Yeah, I like dogs.
    Last few Rotties I was around ... let's see ... you walk up to the group, the Rottie trots out ... let him chew on your hand a little, group doesn't freak out, they go back to whatever it is they're doing.

I guess most bull breeds I've been around, they don't usually do that. They tend to just do their own thing until you somehow initiate contact. But mostly I think I've mostly been around boxers, and I usually instigate contact anyway, so I don't know for sure.

GSDs ... you know, I really haven't been around that many GSDs, but I think they're kindof yappers. You know, approach the group or fence and they start barking. Actually, I should edit this, because you know I haven't been around that many german shepards at all.

Most everybody I know goes for boxers for some reason. I have no idea why.
    Last edited by lunghushan; 01-25-2007 at 04:34 PM.

Boxers are big goofballs. Also, they're not considered a 'dominant' breed.

Boxers are big goofballs. Also, they're not considered a 'dominant' breed.
    They don't seem to do so well in the long life department, though. I can't think of one that's lived to be more than 11.

newfies are awesome. love emn. i had one, such a good dog. just didnt like baby's crying.
    Quote Originally Posted by Psycho Mantis View Post
    Genes too busy rocking the gang and scarfing down bags of cheetos while beating it to nacho ninjettes and laughing at the ridiculous posts on the kfforum. In a horse stance of course.