Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Iron Shirt Qigong

Quote Originally Posted by Crushing Fist View Post
    Gott Mit Uns?
    lol

ich weiss nicht!
    Quote Originally Posted by Psycho Mantis View Post
    Genes too busy rocking the gang and scarfing down bags of cheetos while beating it to nacho ninjettes and laughing at the ridiculous posts on the kfforum. In a horse stance of course.

I think something needs to be done with JDK. Like we hold a yin-yang symbol to his skin and see if it burns or something.

LOL

Quote Originally Posted by lunghushan View Post
    I think something needs to be done with JDK. Like we hold a yin-yang symbol to his skin and see if it burns or something.

LOL
    I can't believe it but I'm going to agree with Lung.....you've actually brought a smile to my face

Dale Dugas has the most knowledge so far on this thread...don't know him personally, but know of his association with Dr. Painter....enough said.
    BQ

Real Iron Body: http://www.hsing-i.com/pics/hammerdem.mpg

...and being a student of this man, I will go so far as to say I have not seen much in this thread by way of accurate information. I find this kind of strange, since this very website has an article about the subject, and a video for sale as well....

JDK - You said yourself that IMA cannot be divorced from certain "religious" (lol) tenets that are "opposed" to Christianity. According to your own beliefs, practicing any shape or part of an asian martial art, you are opposing the bible. Yet you still want to practice and associate with Asian martial arts, AND be faithful to your particular interpretation of the bible. This is a contradiction that cannot be resolved. It disqualifies your opinions regarding IMA- you can't possibly know anything about what you don't practice, or are afraid of practicing, for whatever reasons... If you have a shred of real patience, and tolerance, for views that are alternative to your own, I strongly suggest that you watch the following film on the origins of modern religion: http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...12404402873027
    Really, watch the whole thing. I took the time to read the article you posted...
    Last edited by QuaiJohnCain; 01-23-2007 at 04:22 PM. Reason: spelling

Man that video was crazy!!! Okay, that's Iron Shirt. No arguing here.
    We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, therefore, is not an act but a habit.
    - Aristotle

The only way of finding the limits of the possible is by going beyond them into the impossible.
    - Arthur C. Clarke

Quote Originally Posted by QuaiJohnCain View Post
    Real Iron Body: http://www.hsing-i.com/pics/hammerdem.mpg

...and being a student of this man, I will go so far as to say I have not seen much in this thread by way of accurate information. I find this kind of strange, since this very website has an article about the subject, and a video for sale as well....

Shifu Patterson has a high hand. Great to see his vid again. Serious conditioning through serious training.

Thank you,

Dale Dugas
    Mouth Boxers have not the testicular nor the spinal fortitude to be known.
    Hence they hide rather than be known as adults.

[QUOTE=QuaiJohnCain;734197]Real Iron Body: http://www.hsing-i.com/pics/hammerdem.mpg

I have to agree....it did get trolled very quickly though.
    Much respect for Sifu Patterson, I have some of his training tapes.

The most accurate information I can give is yes it works & yes it can hurt you...... do not try and learn this out of a book or video...find a real teacher with the proper methods & herbs to keep you from getting arthur at an early age.
    Iron Shirt / Iron Bone is a wonderful thing if done properly.

I don't know anything about Sifu Patterson's training methods.

But I have to say that just given basic physics, that demo of using a big heavy object like a sledgehammer on somebody who is standing is complete and utter B.S.

Because the speed of the motion of the sledge is negligible. The impact that gets transferred by a sledge isn't from the speed, it's from the mass. So the impact of an object on the ground, for example, from the sledge gets transferred to the object or through the object.

But for something that's able to be freely pushed, there isn't any impact transferred because the mass of the thing that's being pushed (in this case, Sifu Patterson) gets pushed backwards, no big deal.

To prove it to myself, I had a friend do it to me, hit me with a sledge like this demo while I was standing. No big deal -- nothing.

Lunghushan-

Clearly, you failed physics in high school, big time.

Put your "test" on video.

Better yet, let me swing the sledge.

you nooBs sure are transparent......

Quote Originally Posted by QuaiJohnCain View Post
    Lunghushan-

Clearly, you failed physics in high school, big time.

Put your "test" on video.

Better yet, let me swing the sledge.

you nooBs sure are transparent......
    Noobs ... LOL

A friend and I were doing a lot of splitting of wood, and we were taking MA at the time, so we tried it out.

We also did a lot of experimentation with breaking boards. If you don't succeed in breaking the board, the impact goes back into your hand or foot, not the board.

These so-called 'demonstrations' are just basic physics. Like when they put a fat guy on the floor and break concrete blocks on top of him. The impact of the sledge goes into breaking the concrete block and the fat absorbs the rest of the impact.

It would be far more impressive to take a skinny guy on the ground and use the sledge on his skull. I wonder why they don't do that one? Perhaps because his head would be crushed.

Oh, and BTW, QuaiJohnCain, the reason I put 'Noobs' LOL is because we did that experimentation back in 1985-1987, about 20 years ago .... an older contractor friend of my grandfather's used to love saying 'here, hit me in the stomach' ... so we experimented with it.

Honestly you can probably do this demo with the sledge yourself unless you never do any ab exercises. If you wanted to try it, have your friend swing it lightly at first while you're tensing your abs and see what happens, and then have him do it harder.
    Last edited by lunghushan; 01-23-2007 at 08:36 PM.

Lunghushan-

Your arbitrary, unverifiable contributions are inadmissible here. You are resorting to out-and-out lying in an attempt to make your fallacious arguement sound legitimate.

But for something that's able to be freely pushed, there isn't any impact transferred because the mass of the thing that's being pushed (in this case, Sifu Patterson) gets pushed backwards, no big deal.
    Hmm, like a free hanging, free swinging heavy bag? It is quite easy to put a HOLE into the bag with a sledge.... That is several times more force than any human can put into the bag with just a fist, plus the bag is even less resistant to the incoming force than a human standing on his own two feet. So much for your lies.

There are tons of fake demos that show concrete blocks being smashed by hammers over people's heads, chests, etc. Bending spears into throats, etc. All the people who do these demos copycat each other. Where are Patterson's copycats, hmm? You might do well to remember what killed Houdini... Since it is clear you are not willing or able to debunk his demonstration empirically, this is where you should just be quiet instead of embarassing yourself any further.
    Last edited by QuaiJohnCain; 01-24-2007 at 10:31 AM. Reason: typo

I don't think the sledgehammer video is a mere "gimmick" either. The guy with the hammer was swinging kinda hard, at least the same amount of force equal to excecuting a punch or kick aimed at incapacitating someone. Besides, physics aside for the moment, what about internal organs? Regardless of whether he was standing up or lying down the sledgehammer could quite easily rupture the stomach, spleen, liver... any and all organs in that region are at risk. The only thing protecting his organs is the density of his muscle mass, which must be hard and strong and is precisely the desired goal of practicing Iron Shirt qigong. Just because YOU can't do something doesn't mean it can't be done.
    - Aristotle

The only way of finding the limits of the possible is by going beyond them into the impossible.
    - Arthur C. Clarke

if some guy swung a sledgehammer like that at my stomach, not only would i throw up, i would probably hurt myself a lot. i saw iron body with shi goulin doing it and apunch of guys ramming a log at his stomach. i am much more impressed with the sledgehammer because 1 its smaller its not as spread out, and 2, thats just f##king crazy
    Quote Originally Posted by Psycho Mantis View Post
    Genes too busy rocking the gang and scarfing down bags of cheetos while beating it to nacho ninjettes and laughing at the ridiculous posts on the kfforum. In a horse stance of course.

It's a circus stunt. Some guy did a book where he debunked all these sort of circus stunts.

You don't build up enough speed with a sledge or a log because it's heavy. The people pushing it don't get it going fast enough.

You'd get a baseball bat going a LOT faster. Anyways ... there's a standing million dollar challenge. Why don't you go win it if you think you can?

http://www.randi.org/research/index.html
    Last edited by lunghushan; 01-24-2007 at 01:07 PM.

I still don't think it's a trick, I saw the video again just now, and the sledgehammer isn't real big; not much bigger than a baseball bat, and the swinger was even choking the handle to have better control and swing it faster. The burden of proof lies with you, and this "book" you read. Who wrote the book, what's its title? What credentials does the author have? Did he try all these circus tricks himself? Did he have someone specifically swing a sledge hammer to his stomach like that demonstrated in the video? If all I have to go on is your word versus my own eyes, then I'll go with my own eyes until you can put some actual value to your claims of chicanery. As for the million dollar claim you mentioned, yes I'm familiar with it, and this instance wouldn't qualify anyway, because it can be explained by science (density in muscle tissue and so on). This million dollar challenge is for supernatural pseudoscience and whatnot, like ghosts and stuff.
    Last edited by Lamassu; 01-24-2007 at 01:52 PM.
    - Aristotle

- Arthur C. Clarke