Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Ninja Warrior show

Ninja Warrior show

Anyone seen it?

http://www.g4tv.com/ninjawarrior/index.html

It's kind of cool in a repititive sort of way.

Some of the obstacles are awesomely brutal, and so many fail in that comical japanese gameshow motif.

I give it 3 out of 5
    Words!

Just words!

Thumbs up

Any obstacle course thats only had one guy ever finish is ok by me.
    Many roads. One path.

Many styles. One art.

Many lineages. One practioner.

Actually, 2 have completed it ...

...Kazuhiko Akiyama and Makoto Nagano.

Here is the footage from Makoto Nagano's successful 4 stage run ...
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zU6-42QL7NE

Pretty amazing and entertaining course -- the cliffhanger part looks really tough in particular. Nagano looks like Spiderman in the final stage too ... not sure if I would watch this show regularly but it's fun and I wonder how I would do. While we're on the subject, anyone remember the show American Gladiators from the 90's?
    The Eye Half-Shut:
    Part of the Truth Revealed
    http://rubesroost.blogspot.com

Oh, someone else finished? I must not be far enough into it yet. I've only caught it sparingly.
    Many roads. One path.

Many styles. One art.

If Parkour was a gameshow (vid) (Ninja Warrior)

edit - I posted this on another forum that allows profanity. Sorry for all the asterisks. But watch the vid. It's the coolest thing you'll ever see.

There's this game show in Japan called Ninja Warrior (Sasuke). It kicks the crap out of American Gladiators, and it's not even in the same league as Fear Factor.

I just saw another episode of Ninja Warrior tonight. That is the coolest show ever. Out of 100 competitors, none of them could finish all three events. This show is not for pussies. The **** they have to do is ****ing hard.

Ninja Warrior is so bad ass the last round doesn't even have a time limit. And even so, only one (or two) guys EVER have completed it. Think about that. You have UNLIMITED TIME and still almost no one can finish it.

Here is a link to one man's performance in all the events. The first round might seem relatively mild, but keep watching. This is no joke. This is one of two men ever out of 500 to complete it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QkBkZpK-fYQ

Note - In round two, the gates they have to lift are 30kg, 40kg, and 50kg. Yes, that's not much, cuz 50kg is like 110lbs, but for the rest of it? Insane.
    "If you like metal you're my friend" -- Manowar

"I am the cosmic storms, I am the tiny worms" -- Dimmu Borgir

<BombScare> i beat the internet
    <BombScare> the end guy is hard.

South FL. Which is not to be confused with any part of the USA
    that was awesome.
    "George never did wake up. And, even all that talking didn't make death any easier...at least not for us. Maybe, in the end, all you can really hope for is that your last thought is a nice one...even if it's just about the taste of a nice cold beer."

"If you find the right balance between desperation and fear you can make people believe anything"

"Is enlightenment even possible? Or, did I drive by it like a missed exit?"

It's simpler than you think.

I could be completely wrong"

Yeah, that show's awesome. There was another of it's type with some kinda Viking format I saw on ESPN 2 at 4am about a year ago, but it involved questions in the middle of obstacles, that if not answered correctly got the contestant dunked.

Also, about the gate lifting. I figured the reason they weren't so "heavy" was that most of the guys are gonna be pretty drained by that point, since at least the first two rounds happen in that day.

Either way though, great frikken show. It's the only thing worth watching on G4.
    Many roads. One path.

Many styles. One art.

Quote Originally Posted by 5Animals1Path View Post
    Also, about the gate lifting. I figured the reason they weren't so "heavy" was that most of the guys are gonna be pretty drained by that point, since at least the first two rounds happen in that day.
    Well, that and most of these competitors are only around 150lbs or so themselves. Hanging by your fingertips isn't a sport for heavyweights.
    "My only 'aesthetic' is to be the guy who's NOT lying down on the ground broken." - WaterDragon

Huntington, NY, USA website: TenTigers.com
    wow. that's alot harder than the "Ropes" course I took!

i thought i responded to this already.

one of the best displays of badassery displayed this century.
    where's my beer?

did u repost? i thought you did too.

"better to reside in hell knowing the truth than to be blissfully ignorant in heaven."

"Anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job."- Doug Adams

I dare you to make less sense!

"Freeze?! You know if i drop the tooth fairy i'm only gettin' started mother****er!"

"It's called the American dream because you have to be asleep to believe it." - George Carlin

crazy upper body strength

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lJmCe...eature=related

I wonder how these guys train for the show...
    i'm nobody...i'm nobody. i'm a tramp, a bum, a hobo... a boxcar and a jug of wine... but i'm a straight razor if you get to close to me.

-Charles Manson

I will punch, kick, choke, throw or joint manipulate any nationality equally without predjudice.

- Shonie Carter

oops... meant to put this in the fitness forum.
    i'm nobody...i'm nobody. i'm a tramp, a bum, a hobo... a boxcar and a jug of wine... but i'm a straight razor if you get to close to me.

-Charles Manson

I will punch, kick, choke, throw or joint manipulate any nationality equally without predjudice.

- Shonie Carter

They try to make their own apparatuses that mimic the actions of the contest.

My boys and I have watched the show for years now. Sometimes they will do a profile on the leading contenders and show their training apparatuses.

Quote Originally Posted by SevenStar View Post
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lJmCe...eature=related

I wonder how these guys train for the show...
    shake weight for men