My Sifu was recently telling us about the different types of southern lion dance. Now he can sort of be hard to understand at times (not the best english which is really a bad sign), he was talking about how most groups don't do real lion anymore that it usually consists of duck or Buddha-Crane style. He explained how back then there was crane style which the lion head had more of a crane shape, sort of pointed, and then buddha style with a more round head, but then they fused the two to get a more moderate in between.

We also recently started training in some odd lion style which the lion heads look almost like a cross in lion and dragon, and they scoop their heads from side to side. I think the name for them started with an L, and even a few people who were raised in Hong Kong had never heard of the style because it's so uncommon. I was wondering if you guys knew what style this was?

Also my sifu mentioned an even more uncommon style starting with a P like Paq something of the other, though I didn't retain it, he said he'd show us it some time.

Basically I was just wondering if you guys knew of all the different lion styles there are still currently existing today.