Thread: book - Wing Chun Warrior - Duncan Leung's True Fighting Episodes

Hybrid View

book - Wing Chun Warrior - Duncan Leung's True Fighting Episodes

Dear all,
    Does any one know where I can get this book in England. I have already tried amazon.co.uk, but could not find it. I do not want to order it from America, because I do not have a credit card.

Wing Chun Warrior - Duncan Leung's True Fighting Episodes

Thank you

Hitman

Look for book under "Fiction"

Wing Chun Warrior

Hitman:

To get this book, try the contacts in the pasted post (from Sifu Leung's website) below:

"The new book about SiFu Leung titled - Wing Chun Warrior - is available at:

Jackco Company Limited (NOTE: make the check out to this name)
    2740 Sonic Drive
    Virginia Beach, Va 23453
    U.S.A.

This book is available in English and also Chinese. Specifiy which one you wish to receive.

Send a check or money order for the amount of $25.00 PLUS $7.00 for US shipping, $15.00 Overseas shipping to (note shipping has changed);

Please make sure you don't forget your own name, address and telephone numbers.

The book is available for local pick up at:

Jowga Kung Fu Association
    3221 Virginia Beach Blvd
    Virginia Beach, VA
    Ph: 757-463-8888

Call before you come. Do not call this number for mail orders."

lui1828: If we really wanted a pithy pi$$ant comment, someone would have asked for it. I guess now we know who to go to.

regards,
    Chas Fisher

The guys got a point!

Duncan Leung.....armed only with a pair of chop sticks...defeats a man attacking him with a pool stick.....and you think this isn't fiction!!!

In the words of Sho Nuff - The Shogun of Harlem....Nigga Please!

Post thanks for backup

Tony: Thanks for the thumbs up.
    I didn't read the book, and I don't know sifu Leung.

But let's get real. How many undefeated Tiger's of Kwangtong, Hubei, Shanghai..
    do we have .?

We hear of masters with dozens of win records in matches not documented in film or print.

We have a wing chun guy who fought 10, or is it now 20 guys?, while locked
    in a ship cabin.

We have , as Tony wrote, a master who does battle while armed with chopsticks.

Until these outlandish claims are exposed, these masters will remain as
    "Legends in their own mind".

Havent read Duncan Leung's book, but going by his personality, I dont take him as the kind of person to exagerrate or BS. And I have met many who like to do both.

He seems to be a no frills, straight to the point guy.
    Chopsticks against pool cue, if the guy with a pool cue doesnt know how to fight, is it so unbelievable?

I have seen many types of wing chun posted on the internet. Seeing some of Duncan Leungs lineage videos including his own show a great difference in his methods or concepts than many other lines under Yip Man. By the way the link for the book is http://wingchunkungfu.cn/Catalog.html
    I have also read this book and I have shared it with a friend also. I read it and was awestruck at the things that he has done. My friend read it and he was skeptical. We both read the same book but everyone hads different opinions. Not believing that he was Bruce lee's cousin is just the same as not believing the chopstick story. besides a chop stick jammed in you cheek has got to end a fight. page 139.

I have the first five dvds by Duncan Leung and I watch them and learn for them regularly.

When I first started watching them I found some of the drills and principles very different. I was happy that the forms seemed very close to the Ip Chun system I have learnt.

After watching more I have found the concepts and drills very practical and use some of them when teaching my students now.

For the humble student I think access to students of Ip Man is great and an opportunity not to be missed either dvd, book or seminar....I have been lucky to talk and train with several of Ip Man's students and lineages and they all have something to offer. Duncan is a very good wing chun man.

Paul

Not sure whether the book is fiction or not

1. using a chop sticks vs. pool stick.
    This could have happened - if you cannot run and those are the only things you have with you at the time, then use them as weapons. Or do you want to fight an armed person without a weapon! This was what some ancient unarmed karate masters had to do. They were fighting against armed Japanese occupiers and survived.
    There are many self defence clubs + self-defence books that teach people to use anything they have on them as a weapon, e.g. newspaper, book, keys, torch, bicycle, pen, pencil, comb, hand bag, etc. However, I am not sure the level of skills some of those teachers were. Some of them are fake and conmen!

Please correct me if I am wrong about some of the details in the following event, because it happened so long ago: (The man got killed by an axe at day time was correct.)

There was an elderly man killed by a person with an axe two years ago (?) in Britain. This was showed on the BBC evening news. When he was underattacked, he picked up a dustin bin lid to protect himself from a dust bin outside somebody's house. Unfortunately, he got killed on the main road at day time, and witnesses were present. I am not sure whether the police had caught the killer or not.

The point I am trying to make is - if your life is in danger, then use anything to save yourself. Do not worry about whether you know how to use it or not. Or whether people are laughing at your! Worry about them, after you have survived the attack! You may looked like a fool to other people, but you may live. Which one is more important - staying alive or ending up death?

2.There is the Blindfolded with Double Knives vs. Razor Sharp Sword Wielding Expert.

Not sure whether this is truth or not. Fighting blindfolded with out a weapon or with a weapon is not recommended. You are always in a disadvantage situation, unless you have no choice, e.g. war - fighting in a very thick jungle at night, without any light is eqivalent to both of you and your opponent(s) being blindfolded, e.g. Second World War.

There is a small paragraph in Sifu Ting Leung's book - wing chun kuen, described Sifu Yip Man blindfolded and sparred with a choy lee fut master in an unarmed demonstration, inorder to raise money for a charity. The match was declared as a draw.

On the Sun newspaper or Morrior newspaper several years ago, there was an article about a blind female karate student (brown or black belt), who could spar and beat up people in her club. She was also a school teacher. She could tell how many people were in the room by listening to their foot steps.
    However, she had been blind for more than 10 years and were forced to learn to listen to movement of sound. She was one in ten thousand, who could do it.

3. there is the obligitory mysterious old man who taught Duncan the secret death touch....
    No comments.

Tony or anyone- can you provid more information why you think the book is fiction.

Does the book contains any information regarding to wing chun training method & application in real fighting?

Thank you
    Hitman