Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: book - Wing Chun Warrior - Duncan Leung's True Fighting Episodes

book - Wing Chun Warrior - Duncan Leung's True Fighting Episodes

Dear all,
    Does any one know where I can get this book in England. I have already tried amazon.co.uk, but could not find it. I do not want to order it from America, because I do not have a credit card.

Wing Chun Warrior - Duncan Leung's True Fighting Episodes

Thank you

Hitman

Look for book under "Fiction"

Wing Chun Warrior

Hitman:

To get this book, try the contacts in the pasted post (from Sifu Leung's website) below:

"The new book about SiFu Leung titled - Wing Chun Warrior - is available at:

Jackco Company Limited (NOTE: make the check out to this name)
    2740 Sonic Drive
    Virginia Beach, Va 23453
    U.S.A.

This book is available in English and also Chinese. Specifiy which one you wish to receive.

Send a check or money order for the amount of $25.00 PLUS $7.00 for US shipping, $15.00 Overseas shipping to (note shipping has changed);

Please make sure you don't forget your own name, address and telephone numbers.

The book is available for local pick up at:

Jowga Kung Fu Association
    3221 Virginia Beach Blvd
    Virginia Beach, VA
    Ph: 757-463-8888

Call before you come. Do not call this number for mail orders."

lui1828: If we really wanted a pithy pi$$ant comment, someone would have asked for it. I guess now we know who to go to.

regards,
    Chas Fisher

The guys got a point!

Duncan Leung.....armed only with a pair of chop sticks...defeats a man attacking him with a pool stick.....and you think this isn't fiction!!!

In the words of Sho Nuff - The Shogun of Harlem....Nigga Please!

Post thanks for backup

Tony: Thanks for the thumbs up.
    I didn't read the book, and I don't know sifu Leung.

But let's get real. How many undefeated Tiger's of Kwangtong, Hubei, Shanghai..
    do we have .?

We hear of masters with dozens of win records in matches not documented in film or print.

We have a wing chun guy who fought 10, or is it now 20 guys?, while locked
    in a ship cabin.

We have , as Tony wrote, a master who does battle while armed with chopsticks.

Until these outlandish claims are exposed, these masters will remain as
    "Legends in their own mind".

Havent read Duncan Leung's book, but going by his personality, I dont take him as the kind of person to exagerrate or BS. And I have met many who like to do both.

He seems to be a no frills, straight to the point guy.
    Chopsticks against pool cue, if the guy with a pool cue doesnt know how to fight, is it so unbelievable?

Back away from the Kool-Aid Samson

Hey, we all want to believe in heros. But come on, gimm me a break!

There is the chopsticks vs. pool stick
    There is the Blindfolded with Double Knives vs. Razor Sharp Sword Wielding Expert
    and oh yea...there is the obligitory mysterious old man who taught Duncan the secret death touch....

I think this guy had Over Dosed on Kung Fu Theater. What's really sad is so many brain dead followers who buy this load of................

Duncan Leung may be a very talented Kung Fu man, as well as a good fighter.... but if he persist in telling such tall tales as true events, it will call his credability into question by anyone who does not blindly follow.

Duncan Leung

Sifu Duncan did not write, nor does he promote this book.

The original poster did not ask for anyone's opinion, he just asked where to get it.

I am disappointed at how many trolling lineage attackers there are on this forum, so quick to malign individuals they have no experience with.

Get a life!

Chas Fisher

so is book fact or fiction?

The title of the book is "Duncan Leung's True Fighting Episodes".
    Notice the word "True" in the title.

see www.wcarchive.com for the cover page.

So Sifu Leung did not write the book or endorse it. Perhaps the book is about another wing chun master named Duncan Leung.

Why doesn't sifu Leung denounce the book as pure fantasy and demand that the publishers destroy all copies of the book.?

Or at least rename the book as "Duncan Leung's Semi-true Fighting Episodes".
    Last edited by lui1828; 01-25-2007 at 06:51 PM.

Dear all,
    Thank for all your replies.
    Regardless whether the book is fact or fiction. Does it contains more than 40% information about authentic training method or tips in wing chun that can be use in real life?

Chas,
    Please try to understand why people find this book to be unbelievable. There are too many people making themselves very famous and very rich by telling stories or writing books about subjects they are not qualified. For examples:

How to get rich books.
    How to win the lottery books
    Software about predicting the winning lottery balls
    martial arts books
    self help books
    history books
    self defence books
    etc.

I had read a martial arts book about different martial arts around the world. It contained 2 pages of information how the Greek taught the whole world how to fight! After invading India, one of soliders from Alexander the great's army decided to teach the Indian people how to fight. The Indian then taught the Chinese. Later, the Greek martial arts spread to the whole world!
    The author claimed to have learnt Greek martial arts, western boxing and Thai boxing. He even produced a name of the person, who had taught the Indiian how to fight. However, his story was full of holes.
    If the Greek people had taught the whole world how to fight, then why is the author learning martial arts from different countries, e.g western boxing, Thai boxing, etc!
    Answer - that author is a conman!

I got several martial arts books from China about eagle claw and other styles. They turned out to be badly written kick boxing books instead!
    I got two films produced in China demonstrating different type of Chinese martial arts. The films showed forms only and some rehearsed sparring rountines. They did not demonstrate that those practitioners could used their martial arts in a fight.
    I can go on and on ............

From all the corresponding I had with Sifu Leung on his forum, I believed that he is honest and caring teacher. He is also a very good teacher, who is will to help strangers learning wing chun.

As regard to the book - I have not read it, so no comments.

Hitman

Wing Chun Warrior

Hitman:

i am happy to give you my own comments on the book. As a lineage-holder within the Duncan Leung family, i have some experience with the system as it was passed through to me, and can give you my own opinions on the book.

send me a PM if you want to discuss it more.

cheers!

Chas Fisher

Lineage-Holder???

Wow Chas, That's Cool!

Does this mean you have learned the entire system including the Pole, Knives and CHOPSTICKS!

buying the book

where can we buy this book? I couldn't find it on Amazon.

Huntington, NY, USA website: TenTigers.com
    Chopsticks vs Pool Cue
    First, having not read the book, speaking totally from speculation (or possibly another place ) Let's look at the following:
    There are styles that do indeed teach chopsticks as a weapon-Hak Fu Mun has a chopsticks and bowl set.
    Chopsticks can be used to strike vital points, My Sifu taught this as well.

Anyone who knows dan-doa, or butterfly knives knows that you close distance from outside critical distance to inside. Many applications were taught against longer weapons-spear, staff.
    Duncan Leung is a no-nonesense fighter
    Now-take a guy who is NOT a skilled fighter, wielding a pool cue:
    Most likeley will use a two handed overhead strike, or side strike.
    This is not a difficult strike to avoid,step inside, etc. A well-seasoned fighter could accomplish this.
    so...where's the beef?

Just Kidding!

Hey guys, I was just kidding. Trying to get under Chas's skin. Really, the Chopsticks Vs. Pool Stick isn't that hard to believe, when you take into account the skill level of Duncan Leung, and the possible lack of skill of the pool stick weilder. In reality, It kind of reminds me of something that happened to me!

I was getting a cup of Joe at Starbucks when a man attacked me with a Bicsotti, fortunatly I was able to defeat him with two coffee stirs useing the double knife techniques I learned from a mysterious old man!

Come on, you believe Duncan, why not me!