Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast

Thread: Shi Decheng

Hopefully there will be a next year

Quote Originally Posted by Djuan View Post
    I really wish I could train with you all there this go round!!
    Amituofo!!
    There are so many Shaolin representatives here in the Bay Area Djuan, but Decheng is of an older generation, which makes him more special (but then again, he's my sworn master so I'm pretty biased). As you can see by this thread, Master Xinglie has hosted him 3 years in a row now, so hopefully that will continue. This year is a little more modest for his offerings than last - last year, there were a few other local schools that hosted him too - so we'll see. It's tough to support a travelling Shaolin monk in the SF Bay Area because there are just so many Shaolin schools competing with each other here. And you can never tell with Shaolin.
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

Quote Originally Posted by GeneChing View Post
    There are so many Shaolin representatives here in the Bay Area Djuan, but Decheng is of an older generation, which makes him more special (but then again, he's my sworn master so I'm pretty biased). As you can see by this thread, Master Xinglie has hosted him 3 years in a row now, so hopefully that will continue. This year is a little more modest for his offerings than last - last year, there were a few other local schools that hosted him too - so we'll see. It's tough to support a travelling Shaolin monk in the SF Bay Area because there are just so many Shaolin schools competing with each other here. And you can never tell with Shaolin.
    understood, its a bit deeper than just getting to Shaolin reps out here, yet I know what you mean entirely there, and its more of a rite of passage with you personally.
    I sent you a message with some details, however and whenever it manifests, I welcome that moment openly and happily!
    to say the least, I hope Shifu De Cheng does come around more often, though I know how busy it is traveling and teaching.
    .....that would be an huge honor and double bonus to train with you all.
    about the schools in the bay, I know there are many, even in my hometown, in and out of Chinatown, I would walk by them all the time. and honestly I dont know all the politics, and I dont know if I need to , or want to .....still I have respect for all the schools that spread genuine Shaolin culture, its deeper than the rivalries, events and hype with me, and certainly any school politics lol so however it comes to fruition, it comes. Hopefully, we will be able to meet soon.
    I will be there in ch'i for sure , as you all are here with me daily.

Amituofo
    "色即是空 , 空即是色 " ~ Buddha via Avalokitesvara
    Shaolin Meditator

Leaving to pick up Decheng now...

...watch our social media for pix. Maybe I'll update here when I can.

understood, its a bit deeper than just getting to Shaolin reps out here, yet I know what you mean entirely there, and its more of a rite of passage with you personally.
    Rite of passage? Cool idea. I should compose some sort of hazing.

I read your message. To be frank - and to quote Master Y "Do. Or do not. There is no try."
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

Yesterday

I brought my master Shi Decheng to the office for an interview, a shoot and lunch. Gigi wanted to treat him to a meal as well as the TC Media staff and my shidi Jeff Hung. It was a great interview focused on Baduanjin which I plan to publish in our next issue - our Spring 2020 (our Winter 2020 is already full). Stay tuned.

Hope to see some of you tonight and tomorrow for my master's seminars in San Jose.

THREADS
    Shi Decheng
    Baduanjin
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

I read your message. To be frank - and to quote Master Y "Do. Or do not. There is no try."

Indeed!!

Amituofo!!
    Shaolin Meditator

Off for some hazing...

Indeed!!

Amituofo!!
    Just kidding. All of Shaolin is a hazing. That's the moral of the 36th chamber.
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

Qi overload insomnia

Today, well actually yesterday, was my seminar with my Shifu Shi Decheng on Luohan, which was great (gonna be so sore but the endorphins haven't quite worn off). Now I'm trembling with qi. This used to happen to me in my youth. The fire qi gets overstimulated - or at least that's the tcm explanation. I'm physically exhausted after a brutal 2 hour workout but I can NOT sleep.

I've always suffered from insomnia. Sifu Wing Lam diagnosed my sleep issues and it's connection to my training decades ago and he had this weird meditation solution of looking to the horizon in zhangzhuan while tucking my chin. Sometimes that helps. I haven't had it so bad in years. I'm totally tweakin, as if I just quaffed a triple espresso. It was good to feel that Shaolin qi come through me again but tonight, I'm paying for it. Fortunately, I have little to do tomorrow beyond recover.
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

释德成大师访问休斯敦

Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

Our latest free web article offering

Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

Cool find Djuan

older video from Shifu Shi De Cheng, still very potent, & we want to build on this thread so I'm posting here today.

Decheng has done multiple instructional videos over the years. I beleive this is an excerpt from one of them but I can't which one offhand.

I'm copying this from our Shaolin Chan Wu Yi to our Shi Decheng thread.
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

Decheng has done multiple instructional videos over the years..
    some of the best videos made, I had (have) a long video of his that has Ji Ben Gong, Xiao Hong Quan, Lian Huan Quan, and applications to most if not all of it, great series.
    Its ironic that I own it and was using it as a reference years ago, for those "Old Buddha Monk Funk" reasons, lol I had no idea I'd be talking to you in the future.

also, would you happen to know when is this video from ?

this variant of XHQ is closer to the one I know, and exactly/slightly (I know thats a paradox ) like Shi De Yangs main variation of the form. Its different from the one in the video series I have tho. and now that I think about it, it might just be the amount of volition, or expression of fajin in the moves I'm feeling. this old video is fierce.

Amituofo
    Shaolin Meditator

vintage Decheng

also, would you happen to know when is this video from ?
    Offhand I couldn't tell you. I have no idea when the PRC-made vids were made, only the overseas ones. It looks pretty old judging by Decheng's face and the look of the Wushuguan. My first trip to the Wushuguan was 1995, and this looks older that that, but that's just my guess.
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

think I found the documentary

I found this video, yet of course, theres no title nor date , still some insight, and a nice video!

Amituofo
    Shaolin Meditator