Thread: Hap Gar and Hung Gar Video Clips

Talking Hap Gar and Hung Gar Video Clips

Hello everybody! It's my first post on this forum.

Rising Crane is my kung fu school in England. We teach Hap Gar, Hung Gar and Taijiquan.
    I wanted to share our new video with you.

http://www.risingcrane.co.uk/Videos/...ane%20Demo.avi

Hope you enjoy!

If you are interested in seeing some of our sparring footage, this video from last year has more unrehearsed stuff as well as some forms:

http://www.risingcrane.co.uk/Videos/rcintro.wmv

lots of history, lineage and stuff on our website:
    www.risingcrane.co.uk

David Rogers.

hello david

i have tried emailing your school

i practice hop ga under my sifu david chin here in the US. i was looking for the book written on Hop Ga's Siu Lo Han form from Deng Gum To.

My sifu used to have that book, it was given to him by his brother who was friends with Deng Gum To's son. but then the book was "borrowed" by Tony Galvin and never returned to him

Is there any way you guys could connect me to someone who posseses a copy and is willing to sell it? My sifu requested that I try to get in contact with you guys since i have been looking for the book. Thanks for your time.

I have watched you guy's video many times. my sifu says Deng Gum To's line moves similarly to us. Hope to meet with you guys some day!

http://photos-139.ak.facebook.com/ip...03139_1360.jpg

-Jason Liao

Jason,

Nice to hear from you! You can email me at david@risingcrane.co.uk and I will reply to you about the book. There is a more published book on Dai Lo Han that shows form plus application etc. Do you mean that one? The Siu Lohan book is basically line drawings based on my sigungs postures and is not very detailed.
    Please send my respects to your Sifu. I have read his book. The first hop gar book to be published in English? Very nice postures and techniques!
    As for our video: This is a brand new one. We only put it online this week. Enjoy!

David

Hi David, when are your instructional DVDs going to come out? I couldn't run your vid, could you stick it on Youtube? I loved your old one.
    "The man who stands for nothing is likely to fall for anything"
    www.swindonkungfu.co.uk

hey david

i emailed you

in case you didnt get it, email me at htowndragon@gmail.com

Ben,

Yes, the instructional DVD was filmed ages ago. I just never got round to finishing the credits and packaging My new years resolution is to get it done ASAP!

Youtube clip:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WC1Jrr8stfw

Thanks,

David.

Thumbs up

Nice vid! It's also looking like your students are showing good progression as well. Looks like you've got a good thing going on there.
    "The man who stands for nothing is likely to fall for anything"
    www.swindonkungfu.co.uk

Good video...nice work!

I must admit though I enjoyed your last year video more. Seem like a lot more was going on and with interesting angles. PLUS the girl with the saber was really cool...

On your new video it was kind of neat to see the way your style plays with the sword i.e. the way you use it to block in two man form with staff? Fork set and chain whip was cool as well. I felt it was a good video but a bit repetitive...I think if you shorten it...make it tighter...it would be better. But that is just my opinion...completely up to you.

Thanks for sharing!

(I really enjoyed the animated logo...very cool!)
    Last edited by iron_silk; 01-25-2007 at 10:56 AM.