Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: martial law , this is america

Quote Originally Posted by golden arhat View Post
    watch if u consider yourself a patriot
    I lol'd at that sentence. I didn't watch it, I guess I'm not a patriot .

Quote Originally Posted by SanHeChuan View Post
    Whatever you may think about going to war in Iraq in the first place, doesn't matter now, it's done.

Those were the choices made, and now there are consequences. If we leave Iraq now we will be abandoning our responsibilities. We will be proving every naysayer right, everyone who wants to see us fail.

All I hear is "the price is too high." When what they are really thinking is "I don't want this constant reminder of a mistake."

Think really hard about what could happen in Iraq if we left, and maybe you'll stir up enough clarity to find a little truth. What are those consequences? When the bleeding hearts have saved the US Soldier where will the love for the Iraqi people be.

We can't win the War in Iraq! This is no longer a War against Iraq, but a War for Iraq. If we leave, Iraq loses, and ten years from now we will be right back where we started or worse. Who are we fighting in Iraq? Do you really know? And what do you think would happen if we stopped fighting them?

A new strategy great, but leaving should not be an option. Is this a war we can even win with guns? No, but one we would surely lose with out them.

A political with draw or not the US will have a physical force presence in Iraq for the next 50 years.

And I've almost stirred up enough senitment to turn around and go back to Iraq myself.
    Well said Marine.

This is no longer a War against Iraq, but a War for Iraq. SanHeChuan

Read that again folks. You have to look at what's going on in the entire region, and there are a lot of players with agendas that are being intentionally ignored. It's not about Iran having nukes but about Iran (a badly run country as you will find anywhere) gaining direct control over the Persian Gulf and the Saudi oil fields. It's about Syria and Iran overtly supporting terrorists groups who aren't your daddy's two bit tangos, these state sponsored thugs can not only destabilize a country but actually gain control of parts of it. We cut and run and you'll see land grabs, war and puppet regimes that none of us will like.
    Last edited by rogue; 01-27-2007 at 06:21 AM.
    I quit after getting my first black belt because the school I was a part of was in the process of lowering their standards A painfully honest KC Elbows

The crap that many schools do is not the crap I was taught or train in or teach.

Dam nit... it made sense when it was running through my head.

DM

People love Iron Crotch. They can't get enough Iron Crotch. We all ride the Iron Crotch for the exposure. Gene

Find the safety flaw in the training. Rory Miller.

Well, I stand corrected.

Buut it does not change the fact that Marines were mustered to fight Islamic haters hundreds of years ago, spouting the same cr@p that we here today, and we read in the koran and the hadith.

Ultimately, my point is that this is not a 'new' war, just one that we have avoided until we had forgotten it existed. And it is not with a country or nation, it is with a virus-like idea that produces evil wherever it goes.

For example:

More people are killed by Islamists each year than in all 350 years of the Spanish Inquisition combined.

Islamic terrorists murder more people every day than the Ku Klux Klan has in the last 50 years.

More civilians were killed by Muslim extremists in two hours on September 11th than in the 36 years of sectarian conflict in Northern Ireland.

19 Muslim hijackers killed more innocents in two hours on September 11th than the number of American criminals executed in the last 65 years.

While in the Mosques, things are preached that would be considered hate speech if they were said about Muslims.

There is something horribly wrong here. The daily newslisting of people murdered in cold blood around the world just for bbeing Buddhist, Christian, a woman, or 'insulting' islam is obscene.

This is madness.

If you think the religion isn't full of hate, join an islamic school (especially one funded by Saudi Arabia). Express interest in being 'pure' and your dislike for infidels. Then watch what happens. There are groups here in the US that carry a bag with a burial cloth and a machete just in case they need to behead an unbeliever.

Now all this being said, people will say 'oh your just predujiced.' Well, yes, technically, if not liking those who preach killing and hating me is wrong - explan to me why this is the case.

San He Chuan - your the man.

FWIW - One of my students just joined the Navy Seal program. Very honored by knowing that young man.
    www.kungnation.com

Pre-order Kung! Twisted Barbarian Felony from your favorite comic shop!

Quote Originally Posted by Water Dragon View Post
    You know what I'm tired of? I'm tired of some Megalomaniac in office deciding he is greater than my Country. I'm tired of someone who keeps making things worse by covering up his mistakes instead of fixing him. I'm tired of being told I'm not a good American because it makes me sick to see my Freedoms being exchanged for Security. I'm tired of hearing story after story about how many Irai's were killed while there's no mention of the atrocities occurring in our own ghetto. I'm tired of billions of dollars going to foreign countries as "Humanitarian Aid" while across my own countries, babies cry out from hunger.

I want my f*cking Country back.
    A-****ing-men bro

"better to reside in hell knowing the truth than to be blissfully ignorant in heaven."

"Anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job."- Doug Adams

I dare you to make less sense!

"Freeze?! You know if i drop the tooth fairy i'm only gettin' started mother****er!"

"It's called the American dream because you have to be asleep to believe it." - George Carlin

Quote Originally Posted by Royal Dragon View Post
    I have been wondering of late, maybe we are in Iraq, so we have an accessible front to Iran?
    Care to take a guess who is on one of Iran's other borders?
    I quit after getting my first black belt because the school I was a part of was in the process of lowering their standards A painfully honest KC Elbows

The crap that many schools do is not the crap I was taught or train in or teach.

DM

People love Iron Crotch. They can't get enough Iron Crotch. We all ride the Iron Crotch for the exposure. Gene

Yes, but Pakistan is more unstable than Iraq, and we DON'T have bases there.

Most of the fighting in Iraq is isolated to a few areas, especially the capitol.

Northern Kurdistan is stable and thriving. So are many other regions.

Pakistan on the other hand has large swaths of land that are 'autonomous' and essentially in a constant state of islamoinspired war and killing. wether it is tribes vs. tribes, tribes vs. government or just the good old fashioned killing of non-beleivers or thier daughters... mmmm the peace of islam. (my apologies to the more sensitive out there, but I ran into another islamohater last night. It's like running into Nazi's or Klansmen. They tick me off. I'm intolerant of the intolerant.)

Of course, I'm sure if Ted Kenndey looks hard enough, he'll find a way to blame us.
    www.kungnation.com

Pre-order Kung! Twisted Barbarian Felony from your favorite comic shop!

Quote Originally Posted by rogue View Post
    ...these state sponsored thugs can not only destabilize a country but actually gain control of parts of it...
    hmmm, destabilize a country, gain control of parts of it....
    Sounds familiar.

Quote Originally Posted by Mas Judt View Post
    More people are killed by Islamists each year than in all 350 years of the Spanish Inquisition combined.

Islamic terrorists murder more people every day than the Ku Klux Klan has in the last 50 years.

More civilians were killed by Muslim extremists in two hours on September 11th than in the 36 years of sectarian conflict in Northern Ireland.

19 Muslim hijackers killed more innocents in two hours on September 11th than the number of American criminals executed in the last 65 years.

While in the Mosques, things are preached that would be considered hate speech if they were said about Muslims.

There is something horribly wrong here. The daily newslisting of people murdered in cold blood around the world just for bbeing Buddhist, Christian, a woman, or 'insulting' islam is obscene.

This is madness.
    Now THIS is also madness!

Since WW2 all these countries have been bombed by the United States:

China 1945-46
    Korea 1950-53
    China 1950-53
    Guatemala 1954
    Indonesia 1958
    Cuba 1959-60
    Guatemala 1960
    Congo 1964 Peru 1965
    Laos 1964-73
    Vietnam 1964-73
    Cambodia 1969-70
    Guatemala 1967-69
    Grenada 1983
    Libya 1986
    El Salvador 1980s
    Nicaragua 1980
    Panama 1989
    Iraq 1991-99
    Sudan 1998
    Afghanistan 1998
    Yugoslavia 1999

And you can add the more recent ones...

What you seem to fail to grasp Fei Jaio is that those were military actions against military targets based on carefully considered policy. Not a holy war on civilians.

Muslims could care less if its child, woman, civilan or military, to them there are no blue or red states, its all the same target. A lot of the data he put down is true as the air you breath. Some peeps are just to wrapped up in a pc condom to realize it.
    Last edited by Black Jack II; 01-27-2007 at 09:33 AM.

Yeah, a lot of people are under the impression that US bombs never touch women, children, innocent civilians. whether it's intentional or "casualties", I see no difference. But that's my opinion. Everybody's entitled to their own opinions, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Mas Judt View Post
    Yes, but Pakistan is more unstable than Iraq, and we DON'T have bases there.

Most of the fighting in Iraq is isolated to a few areas, especially the capitol.

Northern Kurdistan is stable and thriving. So are many other regions.

Pakistan on the other hand has large swaths of land that are 'autonomous' and essentially in a constant state of islamoinspired war and killing. wether it is tribes vs. tribes, tribes vs. government or just the good old fashioned killing of non-beleivers or thier daughters... mmmm the peace of islam. (my apologies to the more sensitive out there, but I ran into another islamohater last night. It's like running into Nazi's or Klansmen. They tick me off. I'm intolerant of the intolerant.)

Of course, I'm sure if Ted Kenndey looks hard enough, he'll find a way to blame us.
    Close, but no ceegar! Look a bit north. Map of Ayatollahstan aka Iran.

Let's take over a country and make Uncle Teddy it's leader. Now that'd be fun to watch.
    Last edited by rogue; 01-27-2007 at 09:29 AM.

DM

"Does everyone remember the economy when Clinton was president. Now I don't want to get into a comparison flame war here but I believe that the economy was good because we had a democratic president that was forced to work with a republican senate and house. This created a balance and the country benefitted from it."

The economy under Clinton was driven by new technology. The IT world took off at that time.

But spending under Clinton was lower because of the split.

Republicans are supose to be small government and limited spending. The current republicans forgot that. With Dems and republicans together spending will come down.

Put all Democrats in and we will go to big spending. (Just like the Republicans did.)

Yeah, a lot of people are under the impression that US bombs never touch women, children, innocent civilians. whether it's intentional or "casualties", I see no difference. But that's my opinion. Everybody's entitled to their own opinions, right?
    Yeah, but that doesn't make them equally valuable or valid.

Whether it's intentional or not makes a world of difference, or perhaps you think a person who causes death via a poorly secured piano being lowered to the ground is as morally culpable as somebody who hires a hitman to kill his wife?
    "In the world of martial arts, respect is often a given. In the real world, it must be earned."

"A stupid man's report of what a clever man says is never accurate because he unconsciously translates what he hears into something he can understand. "--Bertrand Russell

"Liberals - Cosmopolitan critics, men who are the friends of every country save their own. "--Benjamin Disraeli

"A conservative government is an organised hypocrisy."--Benjamin Disraeli

Hurray for GRIDLOCK!

DM

Quote Originally Posted by Merryprankster View Post
    Yeah, but that doesn't make them equally valuable or valid.

Whether it's intentional or not makes a world of difference, or perhaps you think a person who causes death via a poorly secured piano being lowered to the ground is as morally culpable as somebody who hires a hitman to kill his wife?
    You misunderstood what I meant. When the US drops a bomb on a city, claiming to target military or "terrorists", do they really care about all the civilians that die in the process? What do you consider Hiroshima and Nagasaki? Military actions against military targets based on carefully considered policy? See the double standards there?

My point is, a human life is a human life. An American life isn't more important than any other nationality, including Iraq, Iran and whatever.