Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: James Cagney

James Cagney

For those that love James Cagney flicks and for those that dig old school Judo here is a clip of the movie Blood and the Sun which was made in 1945.

Most peeps don't know Mr. Cagney was a 1st Dan in Judo and was a major fan of the artform. If you don't own the movie its great and I was thrilled that I came across this clip. The guy he is fighting in the scene, a great scene btw, is his hollywood judo coach.

Enjoy if you like old movies

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SMJix...ch=mma%20pride

Bogey would b!tchslap the Judo outta James Cagney.
    I have no idea what WD is talking about.--Royal Dragon

Bogey was all smoke and mirrors. Cagney was the royal shiznit.

Bogey would shove a mirror so far up your @ss, you could watch yourself blowing smoke outta it!

LOL

Maybe so, but then James Cagney would swoop in like batman on steriods and avenge my abused dignity with two moves.

First move would be Cagney drop kicking Bogey in the colostomy bag. Second move would be looking good doing it.

Bogey would rip off Cagney's head and make you use it for a colostomy bag.

Dude,

Right now because of that movie clip alone you are giving up all worldly goods to wander the streets and fight unjustness dressed as Cagney.

Bogey could never do that. Bogey had to sit down to pee like a chick.

Only the Cagney man....Only the Cagney.
    Last edited by Black Jack II; 01-25-2007 at 04:08 PM.

Huntington, NY, USA website: TenTigers.com
    In "Bad Day at Black Rock", Spencer Tracy, an avid Jiu-Jutsu-ka also has a good fight scene, and has only one arm!

But none of those posers had Bruce Lee's acting chops. BL was a master lesbian.
    I quit after getting my first black belt because the school I was a part of was in the process of lowering their standards A painfully honest KC Elbows

The crap that many schools do is not the crap I was taught or train in or teach.

Dam nit... it made sense when it was running through my head.

DM

People love Iron Crotch. They can't get enough Iron Crotch. We all ride the Iron Crotch for the exposure. Gene

Find the safety flaw in the training. Rory Miller.

South FL. Which is not to be confused with any part of the USA
    c'mon, that was sweet. I'd seen that clip before.

i'm not too up on my judo throws but there were multiple sui nage's and a couple of tomo nage's and at least two other definable throws if I were motivated enough to look them up at judoinfo

plus some ok nei waza including...oh, crap, can't remember what choking is...uichi geri or something like that?????
    "George never did wake up. And, even all that talking didn't make death any easier...at least not for us. Maybe, in the end, all you can really hope for is that your last thought is a nice one...even if it's just about the taste of a nice cold beer."

"If you find the right balance between desperation and fear you can make people believe anything"

"Is enlightenment even possible? Or, did I drive by it like a missed exit?"

It's simpler than you think.

I could be completely wrong"

I hope you know that the guy doing the actual Judo was a stand in. Cagney did learn Judo but the studio nixed him doing the falls and throws on film.
    I quit after getting my first black belt because the school I was a part of was in the process of lowering their standards A painfully honest KC Elbows

The crap that many schools do is not the crap I was taught or train in or teach.

Dam nit... it made sense when it was running through my head.

DM

People love Iron Crotch. They can't get enough Iron Crotch. We all ride the Iron Crotch for the exposure. Gene

Find the safety flaw in the training. Rory Miller.

cjurakpt Guest
    I'd lke to point out that around 00:45, after he rolls under the thrown chair, he wails out with about 4 or 5 very Lama KF-looking shots (the last swing is a classic kahp choih)...

Quote Originally Posted by rogue View Post
    But none of those posers had Bruce Lee's acting chops. BL was a master lesbian.
    Rogue, you are truly a humorist

That was a sweet clip btw -- I love watching those old Hollywood scuffles. Cagney and Bogey were 2 of the quintessential leading men of early Hollywood and both could play a gangs ter to perfection. Interesting fact: they were both born in 1899!

Memorable Cagney quotes: the classic quote, "you dirty rat!" is one of those lines that has evolved over the decades from the original context --"Come out and take it, you dirty, yellow-bellied rat, or I'll give it to you through the door!" Another great line -- "I made it ma, top of the world!"
    The Eye Half-Shut:
    Part of the Truth Revealed
    http://rubesroost.blogspot.com

Good eye, but actually those chops come out of old school judo which had its fair shake of atemi. Edge of hand blows and the like.

Quote Originally Posted by cjurakpt View Post
    I'd lke to point out that around 00:45, after he rolls under the thrown chair, he wails out with about 4 or 5 very Lama KF-looking shots (the last swing is a classic kahp choih)...
    Cagney did NOT do kung fu.

So there.
    i'm nobody...i'm nobody. i'm a tramp, a bum, a hobo... a boxcar and a jug of wine... but i'm a straight razor if you get to close to me.

-Charles Manson

I will punch, kick, choke, throw or joint manipulate any nationality equally without predjudice.

- Shonie Carter