Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Star Trek vs. Star Wars

Quote Originally Posted by SimonM View Post
    IF you can build one you can have one.

But first you will have to defeat George Lucas' lawyer in combat (his lawyer is a Rancor).
    MUWAHAHAHAHAHA Rancor!
    ------
    Jason

--Keep talking and I'm gonna serve you dinner...by opening up a can of "whoop-ass" and for dessert, a slice of Lama Pai!

God gave us free will. Therefore he is pro-choice.

Con

Maybe it's worth going to.
    Cordially yours,
    冠木侍 (KS)

"Jiu mo gwai gwaai faai dei zau" (妖魔鬼怪快哋走) -- The venerable Uncle Chan

"A fool with a sword is more dangerous than any weapon..."

“If your actions inspire others to dream more, learn more, do more and become more, you are a leader.”--John Quincy Adams

"If you have an unconquerable calmness, you can overcome the enemy without force" -Bushi Matsumura

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    that looks like fun.

except the lineup is a whack of virtual nobodies. lol

except for Mulgrew...who was the only one I actually recognized!

I am old
    I knew Mulgrew by face. I had no idea what her name is (I am a Jedi...not a Shatner nut-hugger. except he is friggen hilarious in Boston Legal) Frank Lucas I knew by name. As I did Lazenby.
    ------
    Jason

--Keep talking and I'm gonna serve you dinner...by opening up a can of "whoop-ass" and for dessert, a slice of Lama Pai!

we also

just added peter meyhew(chubacca) and michael ulsan(producer of all the batman movies and cartoons) so its shaping up to be a good show.

Quote Originally Posted by doug maverick View Post
    just added peter meyhew(chubacca) and michael ulsan(producer of all the batman movies and cartoons) so its shaping up to be a good show.
    Peter Mayhew, the guy played Chewie in 4 movies and has done nothing else but sign autographs. I wish I could do that.
    ------
    Jason

Quote Originally Posted by GreenCloudCLF View Post
    Peter Mayhew, the guy played Chewie in 4 movies and has done nothing else but sign autographs. I wish I could do that.
    well most of these star wars people can pretty much eat off star wars for the rest of there natural born lives. plus that dude is super tall his legs are all bow legged. he actually looks like chuwie with the way his hair hangs down. i'm actually looking forward to meeting michael ulsan.

I told my wife about this thread and Chewie being there. Now she wants to go. I haven't been to a Comic Convention in over a decade! Very excited.
    ------
    Jason

i think star trek wins cuz they have holodeck and the Q...kinda trumps yoda magic...
    For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.

Both Trek & Wars have enjoyable martial arts...

But give me a light saber over a phaser any day.
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

Quote Originally Posted by GeneChing View Post
    But give me a light saber over a phaser any day.
    word. although imagine how many people would kill themselves if they were real lol.

but give me a holodeck over a lightsaber any day
    For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.

If Star Trek and Star Wars joined forces, Scientology would still mop the floor with them.
    Supernatural Abilities in Scientology Doctrine
    "A thetan who is completely rehabilitated and can do everything a thetan should do, such as move MEST and control others from a distance, or create his own universe; a person who is able to create his own universe or, living in the MEST universe is able to create illusions perceivable by others at will, to handle MEST universe objects without mechanical means and to have and feel no need of bodies or even the MEST universe to keep himself and his friends interested in existence."
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott R. Brown View Post
    This is not a veiled request for compliments

The short story is I did 325# for one set of 1 rep.

1) Does this sound gifted, or just lucky?

in my religion our myth..i mean faith is: we can do anything your religion can do better than your religion.

I guess they did join forces...

...under J. J. Abrams.

Be that as it may, this is a little OT but ttt-worthy.

Police break up rival sci-fi fans’ feud
    Wednesday 15 May 2013 2:06pm

Star Wars fans and Doctor Who fans had to be separated by police after a brawl threatened to break out at a special sci-fi convention.

More than a dozen fans from the rival groups – including several in fancy dress – were involved in bitter exchanges outside the venue.

Both sides admitted there had been a long-running rivalry between the Norwich Sci Fi Club and the Norwich Star Wars Club.

The dispute erupted after the treasurer of Norwich Sci Fi Club, Jim Poole, arrived at the event hosted by the rival club at the University of East Anglia.

He was asked to leave as he approached Doctor Who actor Graham Cole for an autograph – leading to a stand-off which was only resolved by police and university security.

Police confirmed they had been called to reports of a man being assaulted and arrived to find a dispute between two groups.

A spokesman said: ‘After lengthy investigation, talking to witnesses and reviewing good CCTV footage, it was confirmed that there was no assault.

‘The two rival groups were spoken to and advised to keep out of each other’s way.’

Organiser Richard Walker, 63, claimed the visiting club had been trying to undermine the convention by posting comments on Facebook.

But Mr Poole insisted he had attended ‘in good faith’ to collect autographs from two actors to be auctioned for charity.

More than 1,000 people attended the convention, which returned after a three-year absence, and Mr Walker shrugged off the fracas.

He told the Norwich Evening News: ‘It takes about six or seven months to organise a fair, but it’s been really good.’
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

The state that resembles a middle finger.
    there are things to argue over and then there is this.
    Originally posted by Bawang
    i had an old taichi lady talk smack behind my back. i mean comon man, come on. if it was 200 years ago,, mebbe i wouldve smacked her and took all her monehs.
    Originally posted by Bawang
    i am manly and strong. do not insult me cracker.

That story was a good chuckle this morning. I heard a bunch of lightsabers were damaged beyond repair.