Hybrid View

Michelle Yeoh

http://www.shareapic.net/content.php...owner=zatoichi

Tip Top Martial Arts Actress ,
    Do you like her ?

I plan on proposing very soon.
    "For someone who's a Shaolin monk, your kung fu's really lousy!"
    "What, you're dead? You die easy!"
    "Hold on now. I said I would forget your doings, but I didn't promise to spare your life. Take his head."
    “I don’t usually smoke this brand, but I’ll do it for you.”
    "When all this is over, Tan Hai Chi, I will kick your head off and put it on my brother's grave!
    "I regard hardships as part of my training. I don't need to relax."

Quote Originally Posted by zatoichi View Post
    http://www.shareapic.net/content.php...owner=zatoichi

Tip Top Martial Arts Actress ,
    Do you like her ?
    Does the Pope **** in the woods?
    Does a bear wear a funny hat?

Err, wait a minute ... I think you get the point though
    The Eye Half-Shut:
    Part of the Truth Revealed
    http://rubesroost.blogspot.com

Eh, she's gettin' a little long in the tooth...

she's is getting older, but who isn't ?

Michelle was a former Miss Singapore/ or was it Malaysia ? in the 1980's.

For her age she still looks good. She did a commercial for a Maylasia/singapore Travel Board. It is on youtube and she looks Hot. She is one classy women

I had a thread about her not too long ago ... http://forum.kungfumagazine.com/foru...ad.php?t=44338

Unko -- You're no spring chicken either!
    The Eye Half-Shut:

Quote Originally Posted by Li Kao View Post

Unko -- You're no spring chicken either!

So I should know!!!

Quote Originally Posted by unkokusai View Post
    Eh, she's gettin' a little long in the tooth...
    What are you, like thirteen?

my dad is in love with her. she is engaged to some fat dude who manges the ferrari formula 1 team.
    Quote Originally Posted by Psycho Mantis View Post
    Genes too busy rocking the gang and scarfing down bags of cheetos while beating it to nacho ninjettes and laughing at the ridiculous posts on the kfforum. In a horse stance of course.

Yeah, Ferrari's are just my favorite. I also have also have a couple of other race teams I manage.
    "For someone who's a Shaolin monk, your kung fu's really lousy!"
    "What, you're dead? You die easy!"
    "Hold on now. I said I would forget your doings, but I didn't promise to spare your life. Take his head."
    “I don’t usually smoke this brand, but I’ll do it for you.”
    "When all this is over, Tan Hai Chi, I will kick your head off and put it on my brother's grave!
    "I regard hardships as part of my training. I don't need to relax."

Quote Originally Posted by Shaolinlueb View Post
    my dad is in love with her. she is engaged to some fat dude who manges the ferrari formula 1 team.
    Are you talking about Jean Todt not to belittle the man, but him and Yeoh, the ****ed *******.

edit:
    Didn't know that D A M N E D B A S T A R D was part of the filtered words.
    Last edited by Hishaam; 02-13-2007 at 10:29 AM.

Since I never get tired of talking about Michelle, here is a link to the trailer of her upcoming movie Sunshine. It's a sci-fi space movie directed by Danny Boyle (Trainspotting, 28 Days Later). Not sure if it will be good or corny but on the one hand, it's nice to see Michelle branching out a bit from her typical femme fatale role (though I'll never tire of watching her kick some butt.)
    The Eye Half-Shut:

Michelle Yeoh FTW!

I was tepid about the new series but now I'm all in. Michelle will be a great Starfleet captain.

Exclusive: Michelle Yeoh Boards Star Trek: Discovery
    BY SILAS LESNICK ON NOVEMBER 22, 2016

Michelle Yeoh is the first star to join CBS All Access’ Star Trek: Discovery

Star Trek: Discovery has found its first star! Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon‘s Michelle Yeoh is set to headline the CBS All Access series, Nicholas Meyer just confirmed to CS. Meyer, who helmed Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan and Star Trek VI: The Undiscovered Country, is serving as a consulting producer on Discovery. Although it is unconfirmed at this time, Michelle Yeoh’s role is potentially the series’ lead, a female Lieutenant Commander.

“I know Michelle Yeoh is in it,” Meyer told us during a discussion of his 1979 sci-fi classic Time After Time. The film, starring Malcolm McDowell as H.G. Wells and David Warner as Jack the Ripper, received a Blu-ray edition last week from Warner Archive.

Michelle Yeoh recently reprised her Yu Shu Lien for a Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon sequel, Sword of Destiny. She also played a recurring role as Lotus on the second season of the Netflix original series, Marco Polo.

Star Trek: Discovery is executive produced by Bryan Fuller with Gretchen Berg, Aaron Harberts and Academy Award winner Akiva Goldsman manning the bridge.

Following its May 2017 premiere on the CBS Television Network, all episodes of Star Trek: Discovery will be available in the U.S. exclusively on CBS All Access. Continuing the worldwide appeal of the franchise, each episode of the series will be available globally within 24 hours of its U.S. premiere, presented on Netflix in 188 countries and through Bell Media platforms in Canada.

Who would you like to see join Michelle Yeoh in the Star Trek: Discovery cast? Share your thoughts in the comments below and check back soon for our full interview with Nicholas Meyer.

(Photo Credit: FayesVision / WENN.com)
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

The new Panamera - Stories about Courage.

Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

I like the new show

SEP 22 2017, 3:27 PM ET
    From Bond Girl to ‘Star Trek’ Captain, Michelle Yeoh Wants to Keep Surprising You
    by TIFFANY HU

Michelle Yeoh as Captain Philippa Georgiou in "Star Trek: Discovery" Jan Thijs / CBS Interactive

In the span of her 30-year career, Michelle Yeoh has done everything from jumping off rooftops to predicting the future. She's been a Bond girl, a geisha, and a sorceress — all roles that the Malaysian-born actress says show the "charming, weird roles" she wants to keep taking on.

"I hope that I keep surprising you,” Yeoh told NBC News. “Otherwise, you will only be seeing Michelle Yeoh playing Michelle Yeoh, which is kind of boring.”

Yeoh's latest role will take her to a new frontier as Captain Philippa Georgiou in the television series "Star Trek: Discovery" on CBS All-Access, the network's on-demand streaming service. The 15-episode series will be the first "Star Trek" series since 2005's "Enterprise" ended.

(left to right) Doug Jones as Lieutenant Saru; Sonequa Martin-Green as First Officer Michael Burnham; Michelle Yeoh as Captain Philippa Georgiou in "Star Trek: Discovery." Jan Thijs / CBS Interactive

As Georgiou, Yeoh joins a diverse cast (which includes Sonequa Martin-Green and Maulik Pancholy) that continues the franchise's legacy of on-screen representation. When the series released its first promotional trailer in May, Georgiou was featured heavily, speaking with Yeoh's native Chinese-Malaysian accent, which fans praised Yeoh for.

“Do you think it’s very strong?” Yeoh wondered, joking that she personally thought her accent was charming. “I think it is good that it received such positive reaction, because people are very aware right now. But what I’m really proud about is that we have an Asian female captain — all the boxes ticked right away.”

She continued, "If you’re given the opportunity to be able to play badass female roles, then why not? And when you say badass, I hope you mean that she’s strong, she’s smart, and she can be physical when need be. I’m very proud to play those roles, because I believe when more roles like that are seen by women, it empowers the young girls and other women who are watching.”

Born in Malaysia, the 55-year-old actress got her start in Hong Kong films before making her U.S. debut in the 1997 James Bond film, "Tomorrow Never Dies." Since then, she's continued to appear in dozens of films, both in Asia and in the U.S., including the Academy Award-winning films such as "Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon" and "Memoirs of a Geisha."

Image: Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon
    CROUCHING TIGER, HIDDEN DRAGON, (aka WO HU CANG LONG), Michelle Yeoh, 2000. ©Sony Pictures Classics/courtesy Everett Collection Sony Pictures / Courtesy Everett Collection

“I don’t restrict myself to specifically, ‘OK, this is the kind of roles I want to play,’ but I do know what are the roles that I don’t want to play,” Yeoh said. “I want to make sure that when I take on a role, it is something I’ll be happy to spend time on — and I’ll learn from it, and I’ll enjoy those precious moments or months that I will be working on it.”

Her next big role is already generating buzz: Yeoh will appear in the upcoming film "Crazy Rich Asians" alongside "Fresh Off the Boat" star Constance Wu. The film, based off the novel by Kevin Kwan, doesn't have a release date yet, but it's already being praised for putting Asian and Asian-American faces on screen in Hollywood.

“It’s an amazing film,” Yeoh said, adding that her role of Eleanor Young was fun to play. “It’s, what, the first [film] in 20-something years with an all-Asian cast? Isn’t that a long time coming?”

Yeoh said that, even within the Asian community, it was special to see “an actress who was working in the western part of the world” and “an actor who was working in the eastern part of the world” learning about different cultural issues each faced, while filming.

“I hope that this will be gigantically successful,” Yeoh said. “Because that will open up to producers understanding that the audiences want to see what’s happening on the other side of the world — and that there are stories to be told.”
    So far, Discovery lacks the humor of Star Trek, and I'm not fond of the depiction of Sarek, or SPOILER the fate of Georgiou in ep 2 END SPOILER but I'm enjoying being back in the Star Trek universe.

Michelle Yeoh on Star Trek Discovery
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips