Thread: Shi De Cheng - Traditional at Shaolin

Shi De Cheng - Traditional at Shaolin

I saw this clip of Shi De Cheng in the seminar thread
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5jiV4hL32hk

Very cool clip. My question, since I am new to the latest Shaolin thinking, do people still equate Shaolin with "fluffy Wushu" and not traditional?

If so, what about this performance? This displays traditional kung fu concepts and not what many detractors would associate with "fluffy Wushu"

Thoughts?

the wushu and traditional argument is a bunch of sh*t anyways.
    Quote Originally Posted by Psycho Mantis View Post
    Genes too busy rocking the gang and scarfing down bags of cheetos while beating it to nacho ninjettes and laughing at the ridiculous posts on the kfforum. In a horse stance of course.

hasayfu

You should come to our seminar and see for yourself. There will be a few other old brothers and sisters from Wing Lam. And given your present position, you should really know xiaohong.
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

I'm glad to see that the wushu vs traditional is not given much play anymore. I remember the heated discussions before about what was being taught at/around the temple.

Gene, I don't doubt the traditional. Heck, YOU taught me this form. I actually still remember it (mostly). I just thought this clip was a great example if the naysayers were still around. You can't call this form or Shi De Chengs expression of it anything but traditional.

So many of the shaolin clips show the more performance side.

I taught it to you?

Then it's probably all messed up. Sorry bro.
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

It's nice to see the speed and power without the overabundant running, hammerfisting, landing in splits, and *shudders* "pretending the floor is a trampoline."
    "Prepare your mind..." "For a mind explosion!"
    -The Human Giant, Illusionators

Quote Originally Posted by hasayfu View Post
    I saw this clip of Shi De Cheng in the seminar thread
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5jiV4hL32hk

Very cool clip. My question, since I am new to the latest Shaolin thinking, do people still equate Shaolin with "fluffy Wushu" and not traditional?

If so, what about this performance? This displays traditional kung fu concepts and not what many detractors would associate with "fluffy Wushu"

Thoughts?
    nice clip, and the other nice thing is just under it in the youtube queue is de yang and da hong.