Thread: Flu recovery

Flu recovery

Anyone got any suggestions for good herbs to take for recovering from the flu? I just got into a workable order today after being bed-ridden since Saturday afternoon. I went to work, but I definitely didn't feel 100%. Anyway, my whole body still feels pretty outta whack. Need some suggestions so I can get back on the circle ASAP.

Quote Originally Posted by Zenshiite View Post
    Anyone got any suggestions for good herbs to take for recovering from the flu? I just got into a workable order today after being bed-ridden since Saturday afternoon. I went to work, but I definitely didn't feel 100%. Anyway, my whole body still feels pretty outta whack. Need some suggestions so I can get back on the circle ASAP.
    Decoction of dried angelica root, dried peppermint leaves and fresh ginger slice would help improve your Qi circulation; things like flus can isolate the qi in the dantians and prevent it from spreading evenly to the extremities. Green tea always helps, but don't get the crappy kind in teabags, get the loose whole tea.

On a non-chinese note, you should try Yerba Mate.

Thumbs up

astragulus root is good for boosting the immune system. this comes in a powder that you can add to drinks or put into capsules. this herb works so well that doctors in china now add it to patient meds that are receiving chemo therapy. it helps keep the white blood cell count up, which is essential.
    "you have to give up, you have to realize that one day you will die. until you know that you are useless." -Tyler Durden

I'm currently taking astragalus capsules, Whole Foods brand. Not sure what the quality is on that... but it's what I got. I've also got cordyceps that I'm taking. MycoMedicinals brand, again, not sure how good their quality is... but it seemed the best Whole Foods had.

I drink jasmine green tea regularly.

Thanks for you help guys.

as said above green tea is always good.

if you also have a sore throat then strongly brew some white tea

craig

A whole clove of garlic before bed ( to lessen death breath) works wonders, if you can take the burning.

yes I agree the above is very good

Brew some ginger root/powder as well as it helps with congestion etc

If your eyes/head hurts then it can help to massage wisest oil/tiger balm/ siang pure oil etc into Point GB20. This should relive the pain somewhat.

craig

few slicses of ginger and boil for 5-10 minutes, add brown sugar.

Old hakka cure (along similar lines to above):

Empty a can of coca-cola into a pan, add slices of ginger root, bring to the boil then simmer for 10 mins before drinking.

Works every time!