Thread: Iron Dragon Strikes Back

Iron Dragon Strikes Back

Has anyone seen this? It is a brilliant movie. Like a John woo flick except from 1979 and with kung fu. To let you really know how good this movie is, check IMDB and you will see a guy there who thinks it is a Bruce Lee movie.

9/10

I am thinking about giving this a 10/10 though after a second watch.
    "For someone who's a Shaolin monk, your kung fu's really lousy!"
    "What, you're dead? You die easy!"
    "Hold on now. I said I would forget your doings, but I didn't promise to spare your life. Take his head."
    “I don’t usually smoke this brand, but I’ll do it for you.”
    "When all this is over, Tan Hai Chi, I will kick your head off and put it on my brother's grave!
    "I regard hardships as part of my training. I don't need to relax."

Also, if you have seen 'Shaolin Monk' with Chen Sing, then you will recognize Phillip Ko as the white haired villian in my favorite scene of the movie. I knew something was up when I saw him. And if you have not seen this movie, it is not what you are thinking.
    Last edited by jethro; 02-14-2007 at 11:10 PM.
    "Hold on now. I said I would forget your doings, but I didn't promise to spare your life. Take his head."
    "When all this is over, Tan Hai Chi, I will kick your head off and put it on my brother's grave!

Hey Jimbo-be sure to check this out if you get a chance. I found it for $1.99 used at CD Tradepost. It has that guy from Hitman in the Hand of Buddha that bosses around Hwang and he has one of the best scenes of the movie. I still can't decide between giving this movie a perfect 10 or just a 9. I never do this but I give it a 9.5/10.

Bruce Li made a few good movies but this is BY FAR his best. It is the best movie I have seen since Fearless which i first saw a while ago.

I will look for it.

I showed this to a friend of mine who didn't like Hero, Killer Constable, OR Legend of a Fighter! He asked me to borrow this after we finished it.