Thread: just trying to get a better understanding...

just trying to get a better understanding...

im trying to decide whether i wanna venture into mantis or wing chun.....wing chun seems praised for its straightforward attitude and effectiveness.....i dont know too much about mantis, its looks rather complicated but i hears its very effective. any opinions on how they compare?

There are numerous mantis styles Aeturnal. Which one do you have in mind? As for choosing a style, assuming you have a pool of good teachers, pick one (or more) that suits you. That’s what counts.

Nothing better than trying a style firsthand, try them both and make your final decision, because how you feel about the environment where you'll be training can be a very important factor.
    I myself just started training in wing chun, anyway two interesting MAs to choose from.
    Good luck

Quote Originally Posted by Hishaam View Post
    Nothing better than trying a style firsthand, try them both and make your final decision, because how you feel about the environment where you'll be training can be a very important factor.
    I myself just started training in wing chun, anyway two interesting MAs to choose from.
    Good luck
    Don't be afraid to try something first and then try something else after.

I would recommend at least 3 months before dojo-hopping.

Try before you buy!

Best,
    Kenton Sefcik
    “An ounce of action is worth a ton of theory.” – Friedrich Engels