Thread: how you fight.

how you fight.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DdZXp0Tq6Jk

how would you defend yourself
    "All the skill in the world won't hold up to a real confrontation if you are too afraid to use it."

I would bust a move: First hit em up with a lil electric slide. Then transition to achy breaky heart line dancing. Then a lil bit of some pop lockin, lil east coast break dancin'.

Nah but seriously, I have seen capoiera done in a fighting application, I would definitely not mess with it lightly.

I always have my go to move of just running and screaming like a little girls yelling fiiiirrrreeee!!!! Yes people I have a black belt in south central l.a. run fu.
    Master of Shaolin I-Ching Bu Ti, GunGoPow and I Hung Wei Lo styles.

I am seeking sparring partner. Any level. Looking for blondes or redhead. 5'2" to 5'9". Between 115-135 weight class. Females between 17-30 only need apply. Will extensively work on grappling.

Having been on the receiving end of some of those kicks, I know they hurt. The thing about these vids though is that they tend to never show the infighting, which capoeira has plenty of.
    i'm nobody...i'm nobody. i'm a tramp, a bum, a hobo... a boxcar and a jug of wine... but i'm a straight razor if you get to close to me.

-Charles Manson

I will punch, kick, choke, throw or joint manipulate any nationality equally without predjudice.

- Shonie Carter

All the Capoiera guys that I've sparred never knew what to make of short bursts of attacks straight up the middle, and if you can get to their backs, they're in trouble.
    I personally think the idea of going up on your hands and kicking is ridiculously dangerous.

i prefer some good old fashion break dance fighting. turn on some funk master flex and then you would see some real ****e!
    "you have to give up, you have to realize that one day you will die. until you know that you are useless." -Tyler Durden

i have to agree with jingwu.man a blast down the senter line and useing my structure and energy to over take there center and up rooting them..........it seems the rely alot on momentum

Greetings..

I watched a Mantis fighter sweep the Cap's hand stand.. it wasn't pretty..

Be well...
    TaiChiBob.. "the teacher that is not also a student is neither"

cool music, cool moves.

we always have to stand on at least one limb either the hand or the leg.

or we are on our back or tummie.

talking about rooting and uprooting--

--

Quote Originally Posted by msg View Post
    i have to agree with jingwu.man a blast down the senter line and useing my structure and energy to over take there center and up rooting them..........it seems the rely alot on momentum
    you're looking at spinning kicks - of course they rely on momentum. yours do too. what they do is no different from anything else. their throws, elbows and knees are not momentum based. they are aware of their center and deceptive movements make it harder to hit. also, watch the ginga. one arm,bent at the elbow covers the face. the other swings in front of the body.
    i'm nobody...i'm nobody. i'm a tramp, a bum, a hobo... a boxcar and a jug of wine... but i'm a straight razor if you get to close to me.

-Charles Manson

I will punch, kick, choke, throw or joint manipulate any nationality equally without predjudice.

- Shonie Carter

Quote Originally Posted by Jingwu Man View Post
    All the Capoiera guys that I've sparred never knew what to make of short bursts of attacks straight up the middle, and if you can get to their backs, they're in trouble.
    I personally think the idea of going up on your hands and kicking is ridiculously dangerous.
    that's a group thing. not all groups subscribe to those kicks. the group here teaches and stresses basics that are sound for fighting. they don't teach the rest until later.

-Charles Manson

- Shonie Carter

capoeira is so much fun.

first i would have every one chant/sing "ba na na way, ba na na way bata na."

and then we would put knives on our feet and go at it. i would most likely die.
    Quote Originally Posted by Psycho Mantis View Post
    Genes too busy rocking the gang and scarfing down bags of cheetos while beating it to nacho ninjettes and laughing at the ridiculous posts on the kfforum. In a horse stance of course.