Thread: 50% of all fights go to the ice (vid)

50% of all fights go to the ice (vid)

#24, Terry O'Reilly

Thoughts on rooting on a slippery surface? gi vs. jersey?
    All my fight strategy is based on deliberately injuring my opponents. -
    Crippled Avenger

"It is the same in all wars; the soldiers do the fighting, the journalists do the shouting, and no true patriot ever get near a front-line trench, except on the briefest of propoganda visits...Perhaps when the next great war comes we may see that sight unprecendented in all history, a jingo with a bullet-hole in him."

First you get good, then you get fast, then you get good and fast.

I went to an MMA match and suddenly a hockey game broke out.

I used to train my hung gar kung fu on ice. Teaches you to stay balacned and not overcommit. I think its always good to train on ice and every other kind of surface imagineable because then you're ready for anything. You may be able to fight on a mat or a gym floor...but can you fight on wet asphalt? or bumpy grass? Dirt? Fighting up a hill? Down a hill? What about on a tennis court? What about if there is a barrier (such as a wall, railing or maybe a cliff edge) can you fight without going to your right hand side, or left hand side? without going foward or back? What if it's pitch black dark because of a power outtage? (intentional or not) I think you get the idea. Plus it's pretty fun to change things up.

[QUOTE=Adventure427;742211]What about on a tennis court? QUOTE]

does that include a raquet?

Lol, yea use can train with tennis raquets. Any kind of trainning goes. What if someone comes at you with a tennis raquet? I mean really though, it's not possible to train for every possible scenario, but why not maximize your chances for sucess, however you feel you can do that?