Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 210111213 LastLast

Thread: about Bruce Lee

BL was OK for a cha cha dancer, but Anthony could have easily beaten him.

As a rule cha cha dancers aren't really that good at fighting. They are better than the ballroom guys but not nearly as good as the Sasla and Tango guys.

BL was kind of like Yao Sing. He danced around and fought in the movies, but not too much else, other than beating up a few teenagers and a kung fu instructor (and we know how good those guys are at fighting).

He was petrified and in awe when he finally saw what a real Grandmaster like Gene Lebell could do.
    Last edited by Knifefighter; 02-19-2007 at 08:43 PM.

i like how people say they study the style of JKD. it isnt a style its a philosaphy. i bet bruce is rolling in his grave right now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Psycho Mantis View Post
    Genes too busy rocking the gang and scarfing down bags of cheetos while beating it to nacho ninjettes and laughing at the ridiculous posts on the kfforum. In a horse stance of course.

Quote Originally Posted by Knifefighter View Post
    a kung fu instructor
    Which Kung Fu instructor did Bruce Lee beat? And please don't tell me Wong Jack Man.
    rogue,
    I think I get it. You are joking?

Say WHAT!?

The fact that he was a CHAMPION dancer means that he could move better than just about anyone. Movement and balance means that even someone like Tito would have a hard time taking Bruce down, and that's without Bruce even having to strike back. So give me a break.

Bruce fought hundreds of roof top fights. Fights with no mats, no fences, that resulted in thousands of deaths.

Sorry, but I need to see film footage of Mr. Lebell choking Bruce out. The very idea is insane.

And no, I'm not joking about Bruce. When I was a kid Bruce Lee kind of saved my life, and for that I'll always be in his debt. RIP GS Lee.

The Real Original Lucky Louie
    I quit after getting my first black belt because the school I was a part of was in the process of lowering their standards A painfully honest KC Elbows

The crap that many schools do is not the crap I was taught or train in or teach.

Dam nit... it made sense when it was running through my head.

DM

People love Iron Crotch. They can't get enough Iron Crotch. We all ride the Iron Crotch for the exposure. Gene

Find the safety flaw in the training. Rory Miller.

Quote Originally Posted by The Xia View Post
    Which Kung Fu instructor did Bruce Lee beat?
    Opps, my bad... I meant dance instructor. He beat up some ballroom dance instructor who was trying to steal his cha-cha students.

Opps, my bad... I meant dance instructor. He beat up some ballroom dance instructor who was trying to steal his cha-cha students.
    How about you get a ****ing life and stop dissing a guy who never bragged about himself and worked hard to make it so that he was not revered after his death. He was a humble person who just wanted to enlighten us about martial arts. People have made him into a god'like figure and yes, that's wrong. But he was a very learned student in Wing Chun; he was also able to complete a northern style's forms in only a few weeks to near-perfection.

He was good at what he did, and saying that he was a fraud isn't consistant with the whole problem of actual records and facts, not bull**** your MA instructor told you.

Speaking of Wong Jak Man

Anybody have a recent picture of the guy-I have seen the one in black and white from years ago-but nothing now--

If you go to www.jingmo.org there are a few pictures there. WJM was a truely great grandmaster who Bruce Lee failed to beat.
    The three components of combat are 1) Speed, 2) Guts and 3) Techniques. All three components must go hand in hand. One component cannot survive without the others." (WJM - June 14, 1974)

Quote Originally Posted by NJM View Post
    How about you get a ****ing life and stop dissing a guy who never bragged about himself and worked hard to make it so that he was not revered after his death. He was a humble person who just wanted to enlighten us about martial arts.
    A guy who named a system after himself? That was humble?

Well, I guess he was humbled after Grandmaster Gene "The Kung Fu Killer" Lebell beat his @$$.

People have made him into a god'like figure and yes, that's wrong. But he was a very learned student in Wing Chun;
    He only studied for a few years. Is that all it takes to master the system? Kind of like Tae Kwon Do... two years and you are a black belt.

he was also able to complete a northern style's forms in only a few weeks to near-perfection. .
    A few weeks??? I guess that shows the depth of that system. Of course we are talking about forms here. Any off-broadway show dancer, who is used to choreographed dancing, could pretty much do that.

He was good at what he did, and saying that he was a fraud isn't consistant with the whole problem of actual records and facts, not bull**** your MA instructor told you.
    Records and facts:
    - Couldn't act.
    - Couldn't sing.
    - Could dance a little.
    - Gene Kelly and Fred Astaire would have kicked his @$$- and might have actaully done so one night in a drunken brawl.
    Last edited by Knifefighter; 02-20-2007 at 08:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Siu Lum Fighter View Post
    If you go to www.jingmo.org there are a few pictures there. WJM was a truely great grandmaster who Bruce Lee failed to beat.
    Another guy who would have been smoked if he would have crossed hands with Grandmaster LeBell.

Dan Inosanto.....what's his fight record?
    Watching Bruce Lee work out.

Another guy who would have been smoked if he would have crossed hands with Grandmaster LeBell.
    Since when are 2nd rate actors Grandmasters?

And it's only unsubstantiated rumour that Mr Labell choked him. And only after Bruce let himself be choked because Mr Lebell couldn't take him down. If it happened.

I quit after getting my first black belt because the school I was a part of was in the process of lowering their standards A painfully honest KC Elbows

The crap that many schools do is not the crap I was taught or train in or teach.

DM

People love Iron Crotch. They can't get enough Iron Crotch. We all ride the Iron Crotch for the exposure. Gene

Quote Originally Posted by iron tiger View Post

Dan is Bruce's greatest creation so don't dismiss Dan. I will admit that after Bruce died Dan has been kind of a boat adrift at sea, but he still has some of the skills that Bruce gave him.

DM

Your not gonna start knocking Dan Inosanto

Dan Inosanto.....what's his fight record?
    Inosanto is a BJJ black belt, which means he would pwn any kung fu master, considering a kung fu guy has never beaten a BJJ black belt.