Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213

Thread: about Bruce Lee

Quote Originally Posted by rogue View Post
    Dan is Bruce's greatest creation so don't dismiss Dan. I will admit that after Bruce died Dan has been kind of a boat adrift at sea, but he still has some of the skills that Bruce gave him.

The Real Original Lucky Louie
    He has gone on to master about 12 different martial arts, including receiving the coveted BJJ blackbelt (which takes about 10 years of continuous training to obtain), and has run a successful martial arts school for about 30 years.

Everyone should be that adrift.

Dan Inosanto is one of the most well rounded and experienced martial artists around -nuff said.

He's built on the kung fu base and gone from there....

Quote Originally Posted by Knifefighter View Post
    He has gone on to master about 12 different martial arts, including receiving the coveted BJJ blackbelt (which takes about 10 years of continuous training to obtain), and has run a successful martial arts school for about 30 years.

Everyone should be that adrift.
    But can he cha cha or do the fox trot?

Seriously, Inosanto is the martial artist Bruce Lee wished he was.
    I quit after getting my first black belt because the school I was a part of was in the process of lowering their standards A painfully honest KC Elbows

The crap that many schools do is not the crap I was taught or train in or teach.

Dam nit... it made sense when it was running through my head.

DM

People love Iron Crotch. They can't get enough Iron Crotch. We all ride the Iron Crotch for the exposure. Gene

Find the safety flaw in the training. Rory Miller.

Siu Lum Fighter

Thanks-I have been to that web page and have seen the pics-that's why I asked for more recent ones--

Knifefighter, I'm turning this over to you, The Real Original Lucky Louie is retiring from this thread. Maybe I'll come up with a new handle and hang out on the Wing Chun forum.
    I quit after getting my first black belt because the school I was a part of was in the process of lowering their standards A painfully honest KC Elbows

The crap that many schools do is not the crap I was taught or train in or teach.

Dam nit... it made sense when it was running through my head.

DM

People love Iron Crotch. They can't get enough Iron Crotch. We all ride the Iron Crotch for the exposure. Gene

Find the safety flaw in the training. Rory Miller.

"Seriously, Inosanto is the martial artist Bruce Lee wished he was." (rogue)

***AND seriously...Dan Inosanto would be the first to tell you that if Bruce Lee were alive all these years - it would be Dan who would be doing the wishing.

He knew who Bruce was and where he was going.

Here's some quotes from the first book Dan ever wrote, in 1976: JEET KUNE DO (The Art and Philosophy of Bruce Lee)...

"I was in the right place at the right time, and I was willing to sacrifice at any length to study under Bruce." (P.13)

...(after sparring with Bruce for the very first time)..."I couldn't sleep that night; I was really bothered because it (Lee's fighting style) was something that I'd never seen before. It was like having learned an occupation for many years and then having someone say, 'We no longer have any use for you.' In my case, I'd studied all these different arts - I won't say it was worthless - but what he did was counter everything without really trying." (P.16)

"As early as 1964 at the first Internationals, I had introduced Bruce to the art of Escrima. At that time, however, he took a pretty dim view of it. Then later when I visited him in Hong Kong (1973), he told me what he liked and what he didn't like about Escrima. I think what changed his mind was the emphasis on the empty hands and seeing that it had a lot of functional value. And I was really flabbergasted when he grabbed the sticks one day and said, 'OK, now I'll show you what I would do.' I watched him closely, and with no previous background or training he ad libbed a style of Escrima that he never could have known even existed. Shocked, I yelled out, "Hey, that's Largo Mano." Bruce said, "I don't know what you call it, but this is my method." (P.149)

***You guys really need to get a clue about this man. If he were 33 years old today, he'd be Sakuraba with the hands and knees of Wanderlai...only faster.
    Last edited by Ultimatewingchun; 02-21-2007 at 07:32 AM.

"The difference is there is tons of footage of Bruce performing martial arts, and none of you for all to see, so therefore why should anyone here take your word for it? "

It's about what "I" believe, not what I want you or anyone else to believe. And I agree, Bruce was a great performer and yes, his friends were impressed with him. That's nice but it doesn't make anyone a great fighter in my book.

this has been going for to long it all come down to what you want to beleave most of you are ignorant and think bruce wasn't a real fighter so just beleave what you want in your little world..this thread should be droped