For those of you who may recognise the names, here is a quotation from Rogelio Casero regarding some details of SO Doshin's Chinese instructors. The quotation is from this old thread;

I have been doing research on Shorinji Kempo roots for some years, and I can say the following:
Yihe Quan is a boxing style and also a secret society.
As far as I know, Yihe Quan society was founded by somebody called Chu Hungtang from Shandong. Another theory is that Yihe Quan sect was created by Zhou Hongyi from Zhili at the end of the Ming dynasty. I don´t know whether Chu Hungtang and Zhou Hongyi are the same individual with different transcription of his name or they are two diferent individuals.
Apparently, at the beginning Chu Hungtang stressed only on Kung Fu practice, without teaching any philosophy, but years later, after reading some books about Bagua sect and White Lotus society, he turned Yihe Quan into a philosophical society, which later took part in the Boxer Uprising.
As a boxing style, and according to many Kung Fu masters, Yihe Quan is the same as Meihua Quan (Plum Blossom Boxing). Apparently Chu Hungtang did Meihua Quan and taught his style to Yihe Quan members. Later, during Boxers Rebellion, masters of others styles joined Yihe Quan society.
As regards Wan Xian Zhai, he is the founder of Yi Quan, a different style from Yihe Quan, which bears no relation to this one. Yi Quan is based on Xingyi Quan, another famous Kung Fu style.
In relation to Wen Taizong´s name, I must say that he was also known as Ziming, but I have never heard other names of him, though I have read other transcriptions from chinese as Wen Lao Cho or Wen Lanshi.
Regards.
Rogelio Casero