Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Shaolin Temple (1982) the original film

http://www.shorinjikempo.or.jp/wsko/

By the power of the internet, I have copied the link to the official world organization web page with the information you seek.
    just a few pennies from a pig.....
    -"bigger is BIGGER"

IronPig
    Rob "Rabu" Baverstock
    Madison, Wisconsin

South FL. Which is not to be confused with any part of the USA
    been talked about quite a bit here. try a forum search.
    "George never did wake up. And, even all that talking didn't make death any easier...at least not for us. Maybe, in the end, all you can really hope for is that your last thought is a nice one...even if it's just about the taste of a nice cold beer."

"If you find the right balance between desperation and fear you can make people believe anything"

"Is enlightenment even possible? Or, did I drive by it like a missed exit?"

It's simpler than you think.

I could be completely wrong"

There are two shorinji kempos.

One is the one invented in 1947, by So Doshin (see above link). It says on that site that he combined the CMA and JMA he had learned, but in fact he admitted to have just seen the name in China and decided it sounded like what he wanted to express. There is no evidence that he even learned any CMA, and no reason to think (despite that site claiming that he experienced the full wretchedness of a defeated people when he was in China!) that any Chinese people would have taught anything to their invaders in that time.

The other is Okinawan kempo which does come from China. This wiki link doesn't use the name shorinji, but I have heard it called that by its practioners over here.
    its safe to say that I train some martial arts. Im not that good really, but most people really suck, so I feel ok about that - Sunfist

Sometime blog on training esp in Japan

They have a place in Seattle. I called them once and it didn't sound bad but I have no other information.

http://www.shorinjiseattle.org/

Shorinji Kempo(Killing Machine) is my favorite Chiba flick. Awesome movie.
    "For someone who's a Shaolin monk, your kung fu's really lousy!"
    "What, you're dead? You die easy!"
    "Hold on now. I said I would forget your doings, but I didn't promise to spare your life. Take his head."
    “I don’t usually smoke this brand, but I’ll do it for you.”
    "When all this is over, Tan Hai Chi, I will kick your head off and put it on my brother's grave!
    "I regard hardships as part of my training. I don't need to relax."

I love it how extremely old threads get rehashed like a year-and-a-half later. If you're not looking at dates, you almost think you're talking to someone who's still there.

DVD: Shaolin Temple

Where can I purchase the Jet Li movie The Shaolin Temple (1982)? I have heard this is an excellent movie.

the movie is alright.

I think it is his first or debut movie.

big smiles on his young face.

--

support the board buy it here.
    Quote Originally Posted by Psycho Mantis View Post
    Genes too busy rocking the gang and scarfing down bags of cheetos while beating it to nacho ninjettes and laughing at the ridiculous posts on the kfforum. In a horse stance of course.

Thumbs up

half.com or ebay. i bought a 2 disc set with shaolin 1 and 2 for $.99. i would check those for the best deals.
    "you have to give up, you have to realize that one day you will die. until you know that you are useless." -Tyler Durden

It is a VERY good movie. I like the 2nd one even better.

MAKE SURE you get a good version. I would recommend supporting the board like Shaolinleub says. If you look for a deal you will be like me and have this movie in dam full screen format which ruins it.
    "Hold on now. I said I would forget your doings, but I didn't promise to spare your life. Take his head."
    "When all this is over, Tan Hai Chi, I will kick your head off and put it on my brother's grave!

Hey White Tiger, this version may be full screened-http://www.martialartsmart.net/dvd40021.html Hopefully somebody can comment if it's not.

Seek out the Mei Eh version. You will be doing yourself a big favor.

DVD Shaolin Temple

Are all of the versions in different languages? I am seeking the English version.Everyones help is greatly appreciated.

There is a Jet Li 3-pack with Shaolin Temple 1 and 2 on it. It is from World Video and it is badly full screened with bad picture quality. IT IS IN ENGLIGH THOUGH. I cannot recommend it but it is not too bad of a deal.

Like I said, the Mei Eh version is widescreened and in it's original language. It may be hard to track down but it would be worth it. If you have to have it English dubbed then you may not be able to find a good version.

I took your advice Shaolieub and supported the board. Thanks!