Thread: Deng feng school directory??

Deng feng school directory??

If anyone can help, I am trying to locate a good address or phone number to a school possibly in Deng feng. The master was Shi De Li and they came through the states a few yrs ago on a tour. Unfortunately, I was not able to obtain a name or phone number of the school. I am not sure if they have moved or not.

So is there any kind of a resource or directory of all the shaolin schools in Deng Feng?

China doesn't work that way

There's a potentially racially-insensitive pun to be made about China and the Yellow pages, but I'm going to just let that one lie. In short, there is no directory that I know of.

The closest thing to a directory was something that I made and published in our 2003 Shaolin Special - So You Want to Train at Shaolin? Your Guide to Dengfeng and New Shaolin Village. I built that map myself because at the time, no such thing existed. It was built from several scrapes of information - a shoddy tourist map and photos of the posted maps for the bus routes, along with me walking all over Dengfeng to document where things were and talking to a lot of people (the fact that there was no bus line #4 & #5 drove me freaking bonkers until some one explained why). I only listed about 10 of the 70 schools in 2003.

Of course, after 4 years, this map is now out of date. My own master, Shi Decheng has a second school somewhere in the NE portion of the city. And I know several things have moved. Twenty schools have closed and several new things have been constructed. Change happens quickly in Dengfeng.

But even if you had a map, it would be tough to locate Deli's school since it might not be named after him. What's more, because the Shaolin names are limited, there's a chance that there's more than one Deli. It's very hard to chase some one down in China without contact info unless they are very, very prominent.
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

Contacting the Deng Feng CITS might also lead to some results.

Here's a site, maybe it'll help. From what I know, most people just show up in Deng Feng and are like: Teach me, obi wan......

If you have cash, you will go far....

http://www.shaolin-wushu.de/en/main_...reise-tips.htm