Thread: Wei Shuren

Question Wei Shuren

Came across the name of Wei Shuren by chance when doing a little reading on Taijiquan. Can anyone give me a detailed low down on him and his teaching (including whether or not he's retired)?

wei shu ren

Please try this web
    www.neigong_yang.republika.pl
    hui ming

Wei Shuren is my teacher. I've been his indoor student since 1998.

One of the things I respect him the most is, apart from his knowledge, is his sincerety and his willingness to teach everything he knows. His is an honorable teacher.

Master Wei has written (kind of) 3 books:

1. True Teachings of Yang Style Tai Chi: he didn't really write it but he recorded down the words of Wang Yong Quan.
    2. True Teachings of Yang Style Tai Chi Part 2: which he wrote just over 10 years ago.
    3. ???: don't know the name, but is based on the more advanced internal dynamics. He had already submitted to the printing firm, supposed to have been released by last January but due to some delay I don't think it is out yet.

Master Wei had also made a couple of DVDs.

If you manage to get your hands on some of his stuff, you will notice he had evolved over the past 10 years and his skills are constantly improving, though unfortunately his health is deteriorating rapidly in recent years.

Master Wei announced his retirement at his 80th birthday. He had passed on the batton to Mr. Nan Qingyu in Taiwan.

If anyone wants to know more, just reply to this thread.

Cheers,
    John
    Dr. J Fung
    www.kulowingchun.com

"打得好就詠春,打得唔好就dum春"

Actually, the term "Imperial Yang Tai Chi" was first introduced by me 10 years ago, to distinguish our line from the more popular Yang Style Tai Chi. Now everyone is using it
    Dr. J Fung
    www.kulowingchun.com

"打得好就詠春,打得唔好就dum春"