Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: which jackie chan movie is this?

which jackie chan movie is this?

my brother found this clip online and it is a very interesting fight scene, but I dont recognize the movie.
    I uploaded the clip here for download:
    http://www.yousendit.com/transfer.ph...UnFrWTk1VEE9PQ

thanks

I clicked on the link to download it but it says I need to log in. Can you describe what is happening in the clip?
    "For someone who's a Shaolin monk, your kung fu's really lousy!"
    "What, you're dead? You die easy!"
    "Hold on now. I said I would forget your doings, but I didn't promise to spare your life. Take his head."
    “I don’t usually smoke this brand, but I’ll do it for you.”
    "When all this is over, Tan Hai Chi, I will kick your head off and put it on my brother's grave!
    "I regard hardships as part of my training. I don't need to relax."

jackie chan looks very young and is wearing a black/grey outfut. he fights a man wearing a yellow outfit in an open field for about 6.5 minutes...

I can't see videos from work but from what you discribed it might be Dragon Lord you're talking about.

I think I am the only person I know of who hated dragonlord. Didn't really pay attention too much the 1 time I did see it. Sorry.
    "Hold on now. I said I would forget your doings, but I didn't promise to spare your life. Take his head."
    "When all this is over, Tan Hai Chi, I will kick your head off and put it on my brother's grave!

Hmm I haven't seen the clip either but wasn't Dragonlord around mid-career for Jackie? Or at least a couple dozen or so films into his career if I remember right ... don't think he would be looking very young at that point. Then again, I'm only postulating -- I have the movie on VHS but it's sitting in a box in the attic at the moment and is one of the ones I haven't replaced on DVD -- too lazy to go look for it, but I wonder if the clip is indeed Dragon Lord?
    The Eye Half-Shut:
    Part of the Truth Revealed
    http://rubesroost.blogspot.com

Dragonlord was made in 82 I believe, just after Young Master.

sounds like it could be the closing fight scene to the young master. were there any weapons? was the fight just a stationary camera shot? at the end does jacky punch the guy in the chest in slow mo with veins popping out of his forearm?
    "you have to give up, you have to realize that one day you will die. until you know that you are useless." -Tyler Durden

Yeah, good questions Lone Wolf. And does he get opium juice poured down his throat and become Superman

dude that was legend of drunken master, and it was "good stuff" as he put it.
    "you have to give up, you have to realize that one day you will die. until you know that you are useless." -Tyler Durden

In Young Master he gets opium juice(tar?) dumped down his throat, and then he becomes invincible.

Shaolin Wooden Men? or Spiritual Kung Fu?
    "Don't Focus on the Fingers or You will miss all the Heavenly Glory!"

Morbicid-"Maybe some moves are made just so that, if u somehow manage to pull them off in a fight, u get some serious bragging rights.

Many famous fighters have done this (roy jones jr, chuck norris, Morbicid, etc)"

Sorry for the double post, yea it is Shaolin Wooden Men...as a student he learned from this guy to use "lethal" Kung Fu and then he learned soft styles from someone else.
    "Don't Focus on the Fingers or You will miss all the Heavenly Glory!"

Morbicid-"Maybe some moves are made just so that, if u somehow manage to pull them off in a fight, u get some serious bragging rights.

Many famous fighters have done this (roy jones jr, chuck norris, Morbicid, etc)"

lonewolf:
    I think Jackie Chan based the final fight against Ken Lo in Drunken Master II (Legend of Drunken Master) on the final fight in Young Master. With the exception that real-life Hapkido master Hwang In-Sik, with his joing locks, was arguably a better all-around martial artist than Ken Lo. Same idea...Chan is getting superkicked from here to there until he drinks something awful (tobacco/opium water, or industrial alcohol). Then he becomes a raging invincible monster. Afterwards, he's practically an invalid (at the end of the Drunken Master II original version, he was turned into mindless idiot). They cut that part out of the English-language version to be PC.

You would think it would be PC to show the person being retarded after that seen. Do these people that edit foreign movies not know that alchohol can cause mental retardation?

Also, Ken Lo might have been a good kickboxer, but Whang In-sik has serious control with his kicks and is much better overall I would say. I think that guy is still teaching.