Thread: So what is the deal with MA Correspondence course?

Thumbs down So what is the deal with MA Correspondence course?

Choy Li Fut Correspondence course:
    http://plumblossom.net/distance.html
    http://www.tatwong.com/distance.php

Hwa Rang Do Correspondence course:
    http://www.hwarangdo.com/longdistance.htm

What do you guys think of this? Do anyone actually take these?
    Master of Shaolin I-Ching Bu Ti, GunGoPow and I Hung Wei Lo styles.

I am seeking sparring partner. Any level. Looking for blondes or redhead. 5'2" to 5'9". Between 115-135 weight class. Females between 17-30 only need apply. Will extensively work on grappling.

Maybe these guys got their training via correspondence course:

(from another thread here)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cuMH0xpjvLg

I am seeking sparring partner. Any level. Looking for blondes or redhead. 5'2" to 5'9". Between 115-135 weight class. Females between 17-30 only need apply. Will extensively work on grappling.

Some people aren't lucky enough to be able to get decent training where they are, some people train for years in a system they discover to be BS and want to learn something traditional, some people have fallings out with their teachers and want to align themselves with other groups, and there are various other reasons why people may want to do such a course, and for some people it works for them.
    "The man who stands for nothing is likely to fall for anything"
    www.swindonkungfu.co.uk

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Ben Gash View Post
    Some people aren't lucky enough to be able to get decent training where they are, some people train for years in a system they discover to be BS and want to learn something traditional, some people have fallings out with their teachers and want to align themselves with other groups, and there are various other reasons why people may want to do such a course, and for some people it works for them.
    Your stance probably won't score points with the 'cool kids', but I happen to agree with you. In lots of years of teaching high school, have seen many, many different preferences/abilities in modes of learning.
    A man, as long as he teaches, learns. - Seneca

I have managed to gleam quite a bit from book and video in my day. It still took someone coaching me to help put it all together though.
    Those that are the most sucessful are also the biggest failures. The difference between them and the rest of the failures is they keep getting up over and over again, until they finally succeed.

For the Women:

+ = & a

I can see if you have had a number of years exp in MA. You should be able to grasp concepts and pick up forms, stances, etc. However, If you are Johny Green, I don't see how this can be helpfull.

If you're Johnny Green then chances are you're not going to be in the market for such products.
    "The man who stands for nothing is likely to fall for anything"
    www.swindonkungfu.co.uk