Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Gene Ching's Reality Show

Gene Ching's Reality Show

That spam reality show thread got me thinking...

Gene should organize a reality show featuring the martial artists from these forums. All the armchair warriors, wanna-be's, has beens, and just-might-be's...
    can fight it out, tournament style. We'll call it the UFC--"Ultimate Forum Championship".

Well start out easy, like Lunghushan vs Iron Weasel...then the winner (me) moves up to Royal Dragon (we have to settle the posture debate, you know...).

After that on to the guys who actually train, like Ross and Sifu Parella, et al.
    The winner of it all has to face the end guy: Knifefighter! (..so eat your chi-rios)

This could be huge!

Let's get-it-on! (You tube, here we come)
    Last edited by IronWeasel; 02-20-2007 at 07:27 PM.

im going to fight someone in sahnshou shorts and the sports bra mwuahahahaha!
    Quote Originally Posted by Psycho Mantis View Post
    Genes too busy rocking the gang and scarfing down bags of cheetos while beating it to nacho ninjettes and laughing at the ridiculous posts on the kfforum. In a horse stance of course.

cjurakpt Guest
    we could also have Team Competition - Lama vs. BFP would be the obvious first choice...

Sorry, I still have to fight waterdragon from about 3 years ago. Unless you want to feature our fight on the show..
    Those that are the most sucessful are also the biggest failures. The difference between them and the rest of the failures is they keep getting up over and over again, until they finally succeed.

For the Women:

+ = & a

Also, think Sifu Abel should fight Knife Fighter.
    Those that are the most sucessful are also the biggest failures. The difference between them and the rest of the failures is they keep getting up over and over again, until they finally succeed.

For the Women:

+ = & a

the thing about "reality" show is that:

they are anything but reality whether it is abc or MTV-

they only want drama and viewing and ads.

they are sort of cooked up soap opera,

--

so made up and not reality at all.

--

Quote Originally Posted by SPJ View Post
    the thing about "reality" show is that:

they are anything but reality whether it is abc or MTV-

they only want drama and viewing and ads.

they are sort of cooked up soap opera,

--

so made up and not reality at all.

--

That's exactly why this forum would be perfect for the show!

Make it like last comic standing, american idol.

Have tryout. Forms, sparring, weapons forms, etc.
    Narrow it down to 20 people.
    Have them live in a mountain somewhere.
    Have weekly physical challenges
    Have viewers vote on 2 people to send to "The Chamber" Where they would spar. Loser goes home.

Oh wait, MTV had something similar called Final Fu with Ernie Reyes Jr.
    Master of Shaolin I-Ching Bu Ti, GunGoPow and I Hung Wei Lo styles.

I am seeking sparring partner. Any level. Looking for blondes or redhead. 5'2" to 5'9". Between 115-135 weight class. Females between 17-30 only need apply. Will extensively work on grappling.

Yeah, but our version would keep it real!

For the Women:

+ = & a

Quote Originally Posted by Royal Dragon View Post
    Yeah, but our version would keep it real!
    You mean the contestants won't all be TKD practitioners and will do more than just kick during sparring?
    Master of Shaolin I-Ching Bu Ti, GunGoPow and I Hung Wei Lo styles.

I am seeking sparring partner. Any level. Looking for blondes or redhead. 5'2" to 5'9". Between 115-135 weight class. Females between 17-30 only need apply. Will extensively work on grappling.

Quote Originally Posted by xcakid View Post
    You mean the contestants won't all be TKD practitioners and will do more than just kick during sparring?
    That's not true, they totally did face hits!

Sure, the guy who did it got disqualified for the only decent blow in the entire series, but still.......
    Many roads. One path.

Many styles. One art.

Many lineages. One practioner.

oh you mean the face hits where the people ducked down and into a punch? and the other guy got a warning for that? it was lame the one episode i saw.,
    Quote Originally Posted by Psycho Mantis View Post
    Genes too busy rocking the gang and scarfing down bags of cheetos while beating it to nacho ninjettes and laughing at the ridiculous posts on the kfforum. In a horse stance of course.

Ok lets say I rent a film quality camera, and film it here in Austin. And anyone who wants can come. How should it be organized? And the only resources are my own, the participates, and maybe a local school or two. No corporate MTV budget. Say Youtube audience. The goal being to show martial arts in the best and most realistic fashion. How do I do it?
    - 三和拳

"Civilize the mind but make savage the body" Mao Tse Tsung

"You're certainly intelligent enough to know how to be a good person without the lead weights of religious dogma." Serpent

"There is no evidence that the zombie progeny of an incestuous space ghost cares what people do." MasterKiller

"If there isn't a chance that you're going to lose in a fight, then you're not fighting tough enough competition." ShaolinTiger00

BLOG
    MYSPACE
    FACEBOOK
    YOUTUBE

Quote Originally Posted by SanHeChuan View Post
    Ok lets say I rent a film quality camera, and film it here in Austin. And anyone who wants can come. How should it be organized? And the only resources are my own, the participates, and maybe a local school or two. No corporate MTV budget. Say Youtube audience. The goal being to show martial arts in the best and most realistic fashion. How do I do it?

I'm in Akron, ohio...but I'll be in S. carolina in July and NYC in early summer. I hope that give the San Da guys enough of time to train.

Seriously, tho...maybe we could each set up a bout with someone near...video it and compile a few bouts like that into "Round 1". Then maybe a few of the victors will be willing to travel a bit.

Do guys get to beat on girls (or dare I say get beat BY girls) like in the MTV piece of sh1t, FINAL FU?!?