Thread: My daily diet/supplement

My daily diet/supplement

While I'm not the healthiest guy on the face of the planet, nor am I a nutritional expert here is my currrent schedule.

In the am usually in my cereal or oats add ground flaxseeds. Post breakfast multivitamin and glucosamine/chondroitin/msn tablet.

Post workout shake: Whey protein (20 grams) and creadrive from gnc (5.25 grams of creatine plus taurine and carbs) The carbs in the creadrive help recovery and help the body absorb the protein.

Night time: ZMA It is not supposed to be taken with other supplements due to the fact that it can block the absorbtion of certain nutrients. Proven to increase testosterone levels, since taking it I feel like I have more energy and more morning libido (not that that was a problem before).

Sometimes I take one extra ZMA capsule before Judo class.

I also try to drink some milk (skim) about a half hour or so before or after the ZMA to have slow digesting casein protein working overnight.

*note ZMA gives you vivid dreams when taken before bed. I've had dreams every night since I began taking it.

My food throughout the day varies, I don't get enough fruits. Whole wheat everything, lots of rice, bread, beans, meat, nuts, yogurt, veggies, and tons and tons of water.
    Last edited by bodhitree; 02-22-2007 at 06:12 AM.
    Bless you

Cool,

I do porrige oats for breakfast, with some pecans and maple syrup thrown in for flavour. try to get some fresh fruit and yoghurt in then too. also do the multivit, msm/glucosamine pills to, but i often forget to take 'em

post workout protein shake with whey protein carbs for recovery/absorption and its got creatine mixed in too

always eat whole foods, usually brown rice over white, wholemeal bread. try to get plenty of beans, lentils nuts etc, tons of carbs (pasta fiend), keep my protein levels up hopefully and try to get the fresh veggies in. im not great at it though, im always on the run so getting enough fresh fruit and veg suffers sometimes...

im also in the process of trying to fully cut out refined sugars which means no more fizzy pop or crappy snacks.

im veggie so no meat or fish and i tend not to drink milk but i do eat cheese and eggs.

oh and nothing makes my health feel better than a big pile of fresh veggies, as many colours as possible (tomato, courgette, aubergine, broccoli, peppers, mushrooms etc etc)

i tried the zma thing for a bit but im so bad at taking pills consistently and if anything it felt like it made my sleep worse...

It's a wonder you're still alive.

LOL! Why?

Question: what kind and how much carb should I be eating to help with the absorption of my post-workout protein shake?

Question 2: I remember reading in a book by Dr. Michael Colgan that pectin is desirable to help with this absorption and to optimise blood sugar levels, and he recommended something apple-based. Anyone heard of this? Agree?
    its safe to say that I train some martial arts. Im not that good really, but most people really suck, so I feel ok about that - Sunfist

Sometime blog on training esp in Japan

Quote Originally Posted by Ford Prefect View Post
    It's a wonder you're still alive.

Thanks Ford
    Bless you

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Punch View Post
    LOL! Why?

Question: what kind and how much carb should I be eating to help with the absorption of my post-workout protein shake?

Question 2: I remember reading in a book by Dr. Michael Colgan that pectin is desirable to help with this absorption and to optimise blood sugar levels, and he recommended something apple-based. Anyone heard of this? Agree?
    i found a good article someone had written a while back where they experimented themselves mixing whey protein with dextrose and maltodextrin (i thnk) and adjusting the proportions to see how it affected recovery. i think a 3:1 carbrotein mix came out best, with maltodextrin being the superior carb. i'll try to dig up the web page i found but it was a while back.

there's articles on t-nation by john berardi about post workout nutrition too. good info but of course they're trying to ram their supplements down yer throat!

i'll dig up the links...

7. The Secret Of The Ming Dynasty Has Proof

My humble appologies go out to Bodhittree and Samurai Jack!
    I just made it back from Irac from my 3rd tour.
    My new computer has me between the lions here until I learn the ropes.
    The elders enlightnment shows his tolerence for mistakes and I remain greatful in that respect...
    Technology has changed so rapidly that I had not done enough studies on how this forum works?
    I appreciate your kindness of letting me know I was on the wrong path!
    Any suggestions where I can get the most information on how to use this site properly
    would be greatly appreciated.

Great to be home again with the ability to surround myself in the information of greatness!

As master would say "Ignorance you can fix, Stupid is forever"

With Light and Happiness to all on this forum,

The Crain on one leg by the waterside---
    How still it stays.
    But in the ripples, it's reflection sways~
    Last edited by Panther (Pao); 03-03-2007 at 04:52 PM.

Well start your own **** thread then, instead of spamming bodhitree's.

Lame.

Thanks SJ
    I didn't see anything in the ad about athletic performance, as if you look at the supplements listed you can see mine are intended for. The next I will get is
    greensplus whey
    It'll be a while before my current supply runs out, I'm going to do an "off cycle" for the creatine. Greens are always good.
    Bless you