Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: wow, talk about the flap of a butterfly's wing

South FL. Which is not to be confused with any part of the USA

wow, talk about the flap of a butterfly's wing

"George never did wake up. And, even all that talking didn't make death any easier...at least not for us. Maybe, in the end, all you can really hope for is that your last thought is a nice one...even if it's just about the taste of a nice cold beer."

"If you find the right balance between desperation and fear you can make people believe anything"

"Is enlightenment even possible? Or, did I drive by it like a missed exit?"

It's simpler than you think.

I could be completely wrong"

If God hits us with an asteroid, it's because GDA masturb4tes too much.
    Last edited by MasterKiller; 02-22-2007 at 07:52 AM.
    He most honors my style who learns under it to destroy the teacher. -- Walt Whitman

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    As a mod, I don't have to explain myself to you.

Something like that would probably just break apart in the atmosphear anyway. If any of it did hit the surface it would most likely hit an ocean. If it DID manage to hit the ground, it's most likey to hit empty farm land.

The chances are atronomically small that any part of it would actually hit a heavily populated area...and even then it would be like a plane wreck and not an interstellar weapon of mass destruction because most of it STILL would be burned up on entry...

It's all hype to generate extra funding for NASA. The Government will fork out Billions for defense, but 300 mil for NASA to invent Star Trek is not in the budget...so now we must defend against asteroids...
    Last edited by Royal Dragon; 02-22-2007 at 07:28 AM.
    Those that are the most sucessful are also the biggest failures. The difference between them and the rest of the failures is they keep getting up over and over again, until they finally succeed.

For the Women:

+ = & a

Yeah, it's not like a big asteroid has ever hit us before and wiped out 98% of life.

And even if it was impending, God would have someone build a spaceship 40 cubits long, plenty big enough to store 2 of every animal so we could repopulate the earth (except for clean animals, they get to bring 7 along). And then he would use his powers to reverse any genetic effects of inbreeding long enough to allow Mars to re-populate (ever been hot for your sister? Now's your chance!), but once it was full enough, he would switch inbreeding back on so you can't touch your sister anymore.
    He most honors my style who learns under it to destroy the teacher. -- Walt Whitman

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    As a mod, I don't have to explain myself to you.

No worries guys, word on the street is that Chuck Norris has volunteered to go into cryo sleep to later be woken up to combat said forces of doom. I feel sorry for those poor asteroids. We're one Spinning back fist away from safety.
    To some I have little character value. My friends know the truth. Guess which of the two I give two shiats about.

DISCLAIMER: Everything said by me in my posts should be taken with a grain of salt. All of my comments are mostly written in a sarcastic, juvenile manor. Any attempt at actually taking offense to what is said by me in my posts will be the sole responsibility of said reader.

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c3...tofthejunk.jpg

this all seems like a bad movie.
    Quote Originally Posted by Psycho Mantis View Post
    Genes too busy rocking the gang and scarfing down bags of cheetos while beating it to nacho ninjettes and laughing at the ridiculous posts on the kfforum. In a horse stance of course.

Quote Originally Posted by Shaolinlueb View Post
    this all seems like a bad movie.
    Wasn't there an episode of Stargate sg1 where Apophis put an asteroid on a colision course with earth and they had to go on a space mission to deflect it?

I'm not sure, but I know there was a movie where they sent Oil Rig drillers to an Asteroid to drill holes and plant explosives to Save the Earf
    Those that are the most sucessful are also the biggest failures. The difference between them and the rest of the failures is they keep getting up over and over again, until they finally succeed.

For the Women:

+ = & a

Armageddon staring Bruce Willis

wow, ya'll are all missing the point...this should have sparked a good philosophical discussion on fate & destiny.
    "George never did wake up. And, even all that talking didn't make death any easier...at least not for us. Maybe, in the end, all you can really hope for is that your last thought is a nice one...even if it's just about the taste of a nice cold beer."

"If you find the right balance between desperation and fear you can make people believe anything"

one of 45,000 that it will hit us.

so 44,999 out of 45,000 that it will not.

--

actually, 1 in 45,000 is really good odds of one space born object striking another.

but that's not why i posted it....sheesh, what a bunch of cretins.

Still, it's a small asteroid, less than 500 feet across. The chance of anything sizeable hitting the planet is still slim, and even slimmer for a populated area.

Maybe we will get lucky and it will accidentally hit Iran's Nuclear facillity...or at least we can blame the Asteriod for it....

For the Women:

+ = & a

fate and destiny, shmate and shmeshtiny.

If we get the big stone, we get the big stone.

Besides, there's too many of us now. If it's not a rock, it'll be nukes and disease.

I think we'd be better off with most of us gone.

too cynical?

cynical shminical!

new fears for your ears, every day. what a load of carps. I just wanna go to work, pay my bills, eat some chickens, pigs and cows, live a relativly decent life and die like everyone else. Hopefully with a smile and some memories of hot sex.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Oso View Post
    wow, ya'll are all missing the point...this should have sparked a good philosophical discussion on fate & destiny.
    C'mon, did you really think that would happen?
    Check out my wooden dummy website: http://www.woodendummyco.com/