Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Kung Fu and Organised crime

I just don't see any modern groups really going out of there way to indoctrinate any specific set hand to hand system into what they do, not in the era of the gun anyway. I know the Sparrow gang in the phillipines had there hitmen train on close range quick draws and suprise ambushes for assassinations and my bet its more of that type of training you would see if orgainzed from within.

A few nasty hand to hand strikes picked up from an older mentor here, a few knife tricks picked up from another guy with experiance there, combative shooting advice through gang family and practice, other nasty bits spread throughout, that type of thing.

Huntington, NY, USA website: TenTigers.com
    ok, I was in Chinatown yesterday and I was told to relay a message to you.
    "STFU about underworld connections, or we'll have to break sumthin. Nuttin poisonal, it's business."

Quote Originally Posted by Ben Gash View Post
    When my Sifu talks about training in the seventies he says a lot of Sifu had serious triad connections.
    Yeah, I think this is how one sifu I know of from that era repaid his passage and earned his keep when he came to US in the 20s.
    Losing is not an option. --Grand Master Bill Lasiter

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by TenTigers View Post
    ok, I was in Chinatown yesterday and I was told to relay a message to you.
    "STFU about underworld connections, or we'll have to break sumthin. Nuttin poisonal, it's business."
    LMAOZEDONG
    GOD BLESS THE WORKING STIFF!!!

Xia - No but I work at a pizza shop near the original nicolas` location. So older people assume its the one I work for. I saw the book review when I googled the shops name though.
    Last edited by neit; 02-27-2007 at 07:36 AM.

the truth of the matter is that tongs, triads and assoications are tied with kung fu. its has been since day 1 in china, hong kong and overseas chinatowns. you need an army, in this case, a sifu and students, to protect and fight for the tongs, triads or assoications' interests. the tong's power in the streets depends on its internal fighthing department. hong kong and overseas chinatown are great examples of tongs and kung fu.

Is that still prevelent today though? And if it is, how does thier training differ from the norm?
    Those that are the most sucessful are also the biggest failures. The difference between them and the rest of the failures is they keep getting up over and over again, until they finally succeed.

For the Women:

+ = & a

im hop gar, u want to talk about organized crime and kung fu?

OOOOOOOHHH BOY. if i told you what my si gong was and who my si suk was, and you knew about organized crime, you'd ****your pants.

Well, I am somewhat familiar with the Outlaws, and the Chicago Outfit, so if it's any familliarity with them, please, do drop a name or two!

Anything esle I'd have no clue about.

(RD dawns his bullet proof body suit, arms himself with an AR-15 a Colt 1911 and consults an array of survelanc cameras just in preperation to go out to get the news paper off the porch)
    Those that are the most sucessful are also the biggest failures. The difference between them and the rest of the failures is they keep getting up over and over again, until they finally succeed.

For the Women:

+ = & a

14K? wah ching? heard of those?

Just throwing out names like the 14k triad still does not answer RD's question.

You can be a freakin ultra criminal and still not know any martial arts training.

sure, but you do know that the origin of the triads had originally to do with martial artists right?

i have family and friends who are/were in the triad in taiwan. they seem to follow the 5 shaolin ancestors theory of origin. however, my own cousin who rolls with the bamboo union does not do any martial arts, he uses a baseball bat and butterfly knife. the only MA training he has is whatever he picked up from me. so yes, not all do it.

my grandpa was an assassin for green gang, he also didn't use martial arts. he does calligraphy.

but a list of big name teachers have high connections within tongs and triads, as wel as some of their more obscure hing dai. i can name a big name , highly regarded CLF teacher im sure we all know and tell u he is Sap Sei. thats just an example.

according to my sifu, ________ head of ________ gang was his si dai. he even ran a bar/nightclub business with this guys younger brother. he was a hop gar man, but he only trained hop gar to brawl, now, he doesnt practice anymore. this was typical of many of the gangsters. trained when they needed it, now they dont need it, they dont practice.

No, I have not heard of 14k or wah ching. There is al ot of outfits i don't know about.

For the Women:

+ = & a

i`d like to see what the gangster`s "18 weapon" rack looks like

Yo Royal Dragon,

Are you on some Count Dante trip? He may have gotten his info from Ed Parker. He was one of Ed's students.

The book Gangs of New York has a chapter on the Tongs. I think the Hip Sing.

mickey