Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: REVISED Shaolin Encyclopedia!

bury it for a year or two and put mold on it so it looks old, wrinkle the pages a little then you can sell an ancient shaolin manual for big money. i hope you bought it for 300 RMB, if you paid 300 dollars for that you got ripped off badly.
    Last edited by bawang; 11-24-2007 at 07:48 PM.

I think hes saying thats the average going price. My guess is he got it for less than 75$
    For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.

It sells new for $300 to $360 for the 4 volume set. I think there is a 2 volume set for $275, i'm not sure

kingboxer

Quote Originally Posted by bawang View Post
    you can read it for free online.
    Where? No you can't. Only the table of contents is online for both versions of the sets of books.

it's technically not free, you have to pay a membership fee to beijing online library, then you can read all of its books online, including shaolin encyclopedia.

here is a sample, i googled it
    http://www.wushu-health.com/wushudia...olinquanpu.htm
    Last edited by bawang; 12-03-2007 at 05:05 PM.

Honorary African American
    grandmaster instructor of Wombat Combat The Lost Art of Anal Destruction™®LLC .
    Senior Business Director at TEAM ASSHAMMER consulting services ™®LLC

Really? I wish I could read Chinese, I'd sift through and copy everything related to the Tai Tzu Chang Chuan system. Then I wouldn't need to buy the whole set, just what I am interested in.
    Those that are the most sucessful are also the biggest failures. The difference between them and the rest of the failures is they keep getting up over and over again, until they finally succeed.

For the Women:

+ = & a

Cyberkwoon forms

This post seems about five years too late... Back in the day I was a member of Cyberkwoon. One thing that Fabien used to have available for download was these PDF's of shaolin forms. I recently came across a collection for download on torrent, so I grabbed it for old time's sake.

My question is, has anyone tried to work out these forms? I am also curious as to what exactly they are, and where they came from.

Wow... I remember joining that sight probably over ten years ago. Maybe longer because I think it was wen I first got into martial arts as a kid. The Shaolin form drawings are familiar to me. I think I've seen at least comparable drawings in a book somewhere. I'd be interested to learn their origin as well.
    It is better to have less thunder in the mouth and more lightning in the hand. - Apache Proverb

i think they scanned from shaolin encyclopedia

Honorary African American
    grandmaster instructor of Wombat Combat The Lost Art of Anal Destruction™®LLC .
    Senior Business Director at TEAM ASSHAMMER consulting services ™®LLC

The line drawing forms in the PDF files available in cyberkwoon.com are extracts from the 4-volume set of "Encyclopedia of Shaolin Martial Arts" by monk Shi De Qian. Those barehanded forms are from the 2nd volume.

Very cool to know. I've always thought thy were interesting to look at, though I never tried to work through them. I imagine they would be good reminders for people who already knew the forms.

Can somebody who have those books, scan a few pages from it and show me once an example?

Thx

Quote Originally Posted by Sal Canzonieri View Post
    There are various places selling them for over $300 a set, which is too much.

The cheapest and fastest place to get them from is direct from the source:
    http://www.shaolins.com/2encyclopedia/

You can use paypal to order from that site.
    broken link

Quote Originally Posted by ngokfei View Post
    thanks, a very good website. but the 4th link is a mislabeling, it is not the 4th vol, but it is only an extraction of the last sections of the 3rd vol, which are on the rare and hidden Shaolin weapons.
    Last edited by SHemmati; 11-01-2012 at 09:20 AM.