Thread: Steve Morris NHB clips

Steve Morris NHB clips

Hey all

Thought you might be interested to see my MMA coach in action (hes 64 years old)

Enjoy

http://www.morrisnoholdsbarred.co.uk/youtube.htm
    'In the woods there is always a sound...In the city aways a reflection.'

'What about the desert?'

'You dont want to go into the desert'

- Spartan

He looks about late thirties...maybe I am missing the right clips?
    A unique snowflake

No...hes 64....He just looks a lot younger To be fair in some of the clips he is a bit younger (late fifties)

'What about the desert?'

- Spartan

he looks like he's in his 40's to 50's in those clips....
    Chan Tai San Book at https://www.createspace.com/4891253

Quote Originally Posted by taai gihk yahn View Post
    well, like LKFMDC - he's a genuine Kung Fu Hero™
    Quote Originally Posted by Taixuquan99 View Post
    As much as I get annoyed when it gets derailed by the array of strange angry people that hover around him like moths, his good posts are some of my favorites.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kellen Bassette View Post
    I think he goes into a cave to meditate and recharge his chi...and bite the heads off of bats, of course....

Quote Originally Posted by lkfmdc View Post
    he looks like he's in his 40's to 50's in those clips....
    I know....benefits of a life long commitment to MA....he was training Goju with Yamaguchi Gogen back in the 60s....but hes all about MMA now

Any other comments apart from how old he looks? Anyone?

'What about the desert?'

- Spartan

I wasn't being neagative, I was being amazed

Full head of hair, that bastahd

ONly had a chance to watch a little bit, seems similar to us, striking and standing, lots of power base, ie good stuff

As much as I get annoyed when it gets derailed by the array of strange angry people that hover around him like moths, his good posts are some of my favorites.
    I think he goes into a cave to meditate and recharge his chi...and bite the heads off of bats, of course....

also, not sure why, he reminds me a lot of Jon Blumming

I love watching Steve Morris, if i lived anywhere near I would be training with him in a heartbeat.
    Thanks heaps for posting.
    Up and down, forward and backward, left and right, its all the same. All of this is done with the mind, not externaly.
    ------------------------------------
    Shaped dragon and looking monkey, sitting tiger and turning eagle.

"I wonder how they would do against jon's no-tension fu. I bet they'd do REALLY WELL."
    - Huang Kai Vun

Hey Jon

No problem

Any other comments?

'What about the desert?'

- Spartan

its funny i think hes typical of a few people id consider genius (es? genii? well i guess i aint one ) as in his style of talking as in he tends to ramble. no, ramble's a strong word, i dont mean any negative connotation. its just he brings in a lot of things on big circuitous routes. i dont know if its just the way i think, but i like things to be a, b, c. 1, 2, 3.

so nick, you training with him regular then?

*waay OT: oh and i tried youtubing further to see if i could find any other clips of him in action there, and ended up watching a load of chris morris clips...

stricker
    Its funny you should say that, I find his approach very logical and easy to follow.
    His focus on structure and body mechanics is highly detailed, yet he manages to explain not only the how but most importantly the why in such a clear manor.
    I also love watching him move, he is so powerful yet without a hint of wasted movement. Watching him hit the pads is inspiring, you can almost feel the impact he delivers from simply watching. I just sometimes feel sorry for his students, you can see the fear on their faces as soon as he comes near
    I will say I find his highly opinionated nature a little confronting but then again I feel he has earned the right to be opinionated due to his conclusions having come through a life time of hard work.
    Up and down, forward and backward, left and right, its all the same. All of this is done with the mind, not externaly.
    ------------------------------------
    Shaped dragon and looking monkey, sitting tiger and turning eagle.

"I wonder how they would do against jon's no-tension fu. I bet they'd do REALLY WELL."
    - Huang Kai Vun

I haven't posted here in a very long time but thought I'd come out of hibernation for Mr Morris. What a wealth of knowledge. My friend Patrick McCarthy has some great stories about him back in the day. He looks to be in fantastic shape and after all this time, still passing on his knowledge with enthusiasm.

His homepage makes for incredible reading too. I've been a member of this forum since 1998 but in the last few years have just been content to lurk and go about my own practice. A post about Steve Morris is one of the few things that could have brought me out of my cave again. Thanks for sharing.

Hey guys

thanks for the positive feedback...just trying to spread the word a bit on someone who IMO deserves a lot more (positive) publicity

I try and see him once a month and work on what he shows me in the interim

The best thing (technique wise) I have got from him is my low round kick...he really gave me some good pointers on that...and Ive devised ways (re timing and distance) to work it in with my Wing chun.

Stricker...those chris morris clips are classic...fur q and Gerry adams on helium in particular!

'What about the desert?'

- Spartan