Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Infighting

Well in WC there is infighting and then there is WC infighting. While one is more entertaining the other is good for fighting. Be careful to keep the two seperate.
    I quit after getting my first black belt because the school I was a part of was in the process of lowering their standards A painfully honest KC Elbows

The crap that many schools do is not the crap I was taught or train in or teach.

Dam nit... it made sense when it was running through my head.

DM

People love Iron Crotch. They can't get enough Iron Crotch. We all ride the Iron Crotch for the exposure. Gene

Find the safety flaw in the training. Rory Miller.

TzuChan, so you don't get confused more by rouge's post, infighting often means fighting between members of the same group(petty politics usually). Fighting amongst themselves.

Alternative meaning

"Infighting" can also be used to refer to arguing and fighting that happens within a school or system.

Example: Martial Art's master dies. His three top students each wish the honor of continuing the schools tradition, but there is no clear-cut successor among them. Infighting ensues and the school therefore becomes divided.

Khun Kao

TzuChan, check out the wingchun forum, not only can they explain it to you in 12 different ways (Which of course is ok because there is no 'wrong way' to do kungfu right?) but they can illustrate that point effectively.

LOL @ Rogue!!

(from www.dictionary.com)

in·fight·ing:

1. Contentious rivalry or disagreement among members of a group or organization: infighting on the President's staff.

2. Fighting or boxing at close range.

Dictionary.com is a great site. I use it all the time at work
    "No Pain - Good."
    - neptunesfall

Infighting=Close Quater Combat.

Sometimes you here to it referred to in old western circles as "all infighitng".
    Regards

Real infighting demo

But Black Jack, your instructor never learned the true closed door CQC of Fairbairn or Applegate, so how can you even post a comment? My instructor learned all the secret techniques and even was given the super duper secret dagger that Fairbairn was working on at the time of his death. C'mon man, even Wu Shu people laugh at your lineage of combatives!
    I quit after getting my first black belt because the school I was a part of was in the process of lowering their standards A painfully honest KC Elbows

The crap that many schools do is not the crap I was taught or train in or teach.

Dam nit... it made sense when it was running through my head.

DM

People love Iron Crotch. They can't get enough Iron Crotch. We all ride the Iron Crotch for the exposure. Gene

Find the safety flaw in the training. Rory Miller.

Talking

Yeah, but I heard it was just a cheap copy of a SAS dagger!
    " Better to be a warrior in the garden than a gardner at war."
    "Ni hao darlins!" - wujidude
    "I just believe that qi is real and good body mechanics have been masquerading as internal power for too long." - omarthefish

You bastages!!!!!!!!! My secret is out.......oh how will I ever get the franchise chain of CQB schools now.......becuase of you pesky kids I will not be able to get me gold!!!!

It was actually a plastic k-bar but that is really moot now.
    Regards

Talking

A knife related joke. What did the EMT's say to john wayne bobbit when they found his missing unit? (sung with gusto) "It's your thing....do what you wanna do.... I can't tell ya....who to sock it to...."
    " Better to be a warrior in the garden than a gardner at war."
    "Ni hao darlins!" - wujidude
    "I just believe that qi is real and good body mechanics have been masquerading as internal power for too long." - omarthefish

infighting in action.

Nice example of infighting on this vid. Guy on the street closes to the a one handed shirt clinch and does a very sweet elbow to the head, followed but a picture perfect headbutt, then a low kick.

You can see buy the elbow freeze frame he has some training, he pulls the smuck in while crossing over with the downward elbow, maybe he has a thai, fma, some combative system background which likes to work up close, who knows but its a nice find of simple martial training in action.

http://www.nothingtoxic.com/media/11...Gets_a_Beating
    Last edited by Black Jack II; 02-28-2007 at 09:06 AM.

Nice vid, I agree, some training, and a lot of attitude that comes from experience.

It goes to show, 90 percent of all fights go to the ground, at least one guy does...

ttt 4 2015

Enter to win KungFuMagazine.com's contest for INFIGHTING on DVD, autographed by Rory Miller!!! Contest ends 6:00 p.m. PST on 6/25/15.
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

Not in our pai house. He wouldn't have tolerated it and he gave the boot in a second.
    No, the only storms in our paradise I recall were clashes of the furies....ie Mr & Mrs master Don they were both very formidable people and there was nothing for it but quiet and not gawping. Loved em greatly. Still do.

He was as proud of his black belts as its respectful to say. It was clear they were his "clydesdales" and not anything for the mouse of you to worry about. They were their own society, the "true" Brothers of the Dragon - we did not feel bad and we bit on our tongues for impatient. I did not think I would be good enough or be around to be one of them.
    Last edited by curenado; 06-12-2015 at 11:15 AM.
    "The perfect way to do, is to be" ~ Lao Tzu

Only time I saw anything like this was at a Gracie Academy back in the early 2000's. Lots of testosterone there (both guys and gals). But that was back when the whole "Gracie is god!" mentality prevailed and according to them a guy with 3 weeks training could wipe out a guy with 4 black belts from any other style. I got tired of tired of the mash!tsmo and left after about 2 years. At first the school brass was just dissing all other martial arts but then everyone started ****ing contests with each other over "who's triangle choke was the baddest", or "Royce really does it like this, etc....".