Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: we got a bass

we got a bass

and not the fish variety!
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=SGS-uQ8kiY0
    Kung Fu is good for you.

congratu****inlations bro.

"better to reside in hell knowing the truth than to be blissfully ignorant in heaven."

"Anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job."- Doug Adams

I dare you to make less sense!

"Freeze?! You know if i drop the tooth fairy i'm only gettin' started mother****er!"

"It's called the American dream because you have to be asleep to believe it." - George Carlin

On that song since you and the drummer are holding down the rhythm I'd have him be a little busier. Maybe walk the bass a bit or add fills to move the song along. A little more Sir Paul or Tim Foreman type of thing. Just my opinion.
    I quit after getting my first black belt because the school I was a part of was in the process of lowering their standards A painfully honest KC Elbows

The crap that many schools do is not the crap I was taught or train in or teach.

Dam nit... it made sense when it was running through my head.

DM

People love Iron Crotch. They can't get enough Iron Crotch. We all ride the Iron Crotch for the exposure. Gene

Find the safety flaw in the training. Rory Miller.

Huntington, NY, USA website: TenTigers.com
    good point from Rogue. A simple, yet tasty guitar solo would be nice as well. Nothing complex or flashy, sort of like the lead in "Magic" by Pilot.(Hate the song, LOVE the guitar solo=a Les Paul with some chorus and distortion-sweet)
    Keep it up!

Lead guitarist will be back soon and believe me, I am totally looking forward to it.

Believe it or not, that is the 3rd time the Bassist has played through that tune and his second session with us, so props to him, it'll only get better.

Now, we need a keyboard, anotehr vocalist and a better audio engineer. that's just getting pulled off a few year old hi8/digi8 cam.

oh, my kingdom for some production values!
    Kung Fu is good for you.

South FL. Which is not to be confused with any part of the USA
    ...****...and I've been practicing so hard...I almost have 'Dark Side of the Moon' down pat....
    "George never did wake up. And, even all that talking didn't make death any easier...at least not for us. Maybe, in the end, all you can really hope for is that your last thought is a nice one...even if it's just about the taste of a nice cold beer."

"If you find the right balance between desperation and fear you can make people believe anything"

"Is enlightenment even possible? Or, did I drive by it like a missed exit?"

It's simpler than you think.

I could be completely wrong"

I'm back in the 70's, I forgot how much really great stuff came out in that decade. Frampton, the Stooges, the Dictators, the Winters brothers, Van Halen. I think the musicianship was at a bit higher level than what we see now, a little broader if you know what I mean. Just relearned Rock and Roll Hootchie Koo. Lawdy mama light my fuse.

Rogue Jr. just discovered The Who, was knocked out by the vids for Baba O'Reily and Won't Get Fooled Again. He was knocked out by Entwhistle and Moon.
    Last edited by rogue; 03-03-2007 at 08:11 AM.
    I quit after getting my first black belt because the school I was a part of was in the process of lowering their standards A painfully honest KC Elbows

The crap that many schools do is not the crap I was taught or train in or teach.

DM

People love Iron Crotch. They can't get enough Iron Crotch. We all ride the Iron Crotch for the exposure. Gene

There are getting to be less and less actual musicians these days in my opinion.

What is popular is not necessarily requiring musicianship.

hip hop is mostly remixes ripped from other actual musicians and put to street poetry and sold to the masses. Now the poets are cool, but what attracts is the riffs and those riffs are from musicians past who now have to do retirment fund tours. lol

yes, the who rocks it hard. check my shirt in the clever vid. an original who shirt. I like to say I've had it since I was 7, but it's a reprint of one i had when i was 7.

anyway, there's nothing new under the sun i guess, but there is also no wrong notes.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

One reason I think musicianship has dropped is kids aren't even exposed to different forms of music growing up. I may have hated the Archies but I'll be ****ed if I can't play Sugar Sugar at the drop of a hat. I remember meeting a guy from NC playing in a country bar, he was knocked out that I could play a lot of the Hank Williams Sr. stuff. So we put something together where we backed him up on his last night and played these punked/rocked/bluesd up versions of Hey Good Lookin and I'm So Lonesone I Could Cry and a bunch of others. It was great.

but there is also no wrong notes.
    The trick is if you hit a bad note, repeat it 2 or 3 more times and then resolve it. People will think you're just some crazy ass player who did it on purpose. It worked for me many times. The problem was if it was cool and you couldn't remember what you did.

DM

You should hear our punked version of rocky racoon.

If not for paul and his royalties or michale and his, i would love to pull that out of my ass on you tube one day.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

Thumbs up

rock on
    All right now, son, I want you to get a good night's rest. And remember, I could murder you while you sleep.
    Hey son, I bought you a puppy today after work. But then I killed it and ate it! Hahah, I´m just kidding. I would never buy you a puppy.

"Three witches watch three Swatch watches. Which witch watch which Swatch watch?"

"Three switched witches watch three Swatch watch switches. Which switched witch watch which Swatch watch switch?."

That was cool, much more interesting progressions and a much thicker sound.
    "The man who stands for nothing is likely to fall for anything"
    www.swindonkungfu.co.uk

BTW, What the heck did happen that lead guitars went into hiding. I hate too many guitar solos, but jeeze.

DM

dude are you nutz? nuthin better than a long ass guitar solo. matter fact some of the best songs have one giant continuous (quality) guitar solo. like a really good jazz song.

mmmm shredding....
    Last edited by FuXnDajenariht; 03-04-2007 at 09:14 PM.

"better to reside in hell knowing the truth than to be blissfully ignorant in heaven."

"Anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job."- Doug Adams

"Freeze?! You know if i drop the tooth fairy i'm only gettin' started mother****er!"

"It's called the American dream because you have to be asleep to believe it." - George Carlin