Thread: Vietnamese Mantis???

South FL. Which is not to be confused with any part of the USA

Vietnamese Mantis???

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage....=1152228787065

not knocking it by any means. on his homepage you see that he also does TKD.

the lineage is listed in the description of the vid I think...but I don't recognize it:

Mantis style (Mante religieuse) - Duong Lang quyen - Pattern : Loan Triet - Performer NGUYEN Hoai Van - School : Tai Chi Mei Hua - Lineage : Huang Guan Jie - Tchang Bing Du
    "George never did wake up. And, even all that talking didn't make death any easier...at least not for us. Maybe, in the end, all you can really hope for is that your last thought is a nice one...even if it's just about the taste of a nice cold beer."

"If you find the right balance between desperation and fear you can make people believe anything"

"Is enlightenment even possible? Or, did I drive by it like a missed exit?"

It's simpler than you think.

I could be completely wrong"

There is an authentic lineage of Tai Chi Mantis in Vietnam. The art was brought by Chiu Chuk Kai before the Vietnam War. It was popular in Hai Phong and Sai Gon, areas with a large Chinese population during that time.

Loan Triet is the Vietnamese pronunciation of Luanjie. The names of the teachers in his lineage, I can't identify.

Smile

It sound to me like the lineage is Taiji Meihua and the teacher is Zhang Bingdou.

Mantis108
    Contraria Sunt Complementa

對敵交手歌訣

凡立勢不可站定。凡交手須是要走。千着萬着﹐走為上着﹐進為高着﹐閃賺騰挪為
    妙着。

CCK TCPM in Yellowknife

TJPM Forum

Tchang Bing Du = Zhang Bing Dou ????

South FL. Which is not to be confused with any part of the USA
    ftr, i figured it was legit...just interesting to see and watch.
    "George never did wake up. And, even all that talking didn't make death any easier...at least not for us. Maybe, in the end, all you can really hope for is that your last thought is a nice one...even if it's just about the taste of a nice cold beer."

"If you find the right balance between desperation and fear you can make people believe anything"

"Is enlightenment even possible? Or, did I drive by it like a missed exit?"

It's simpler than you think.

I could be completely wrong"