Quote Originally Posted by tattooedmonk View Post
Thank you. I guess he missed Gene's post . Hi-Gene!! LMAO THe XIA thinks he knows everything and has no humilty. Something that is taught in kung fu classes,( something I believe he has never seen inside of), along with philosophy, and discipline; training that produces orderliness ,obedience, and self control.
It's been awhile since I've been graced with your petty insults.
So according to you philosophy and discipline are taught in Kung Fu classes? Personally, I think self-discipline is more of a product of training then something that is taught. As for philosophy, I think that it can be counterproductive if a teacher gets too preachy. I think in most cases Mo Duk seeps into students from exposure to an environment where people have these values. Sort of a conditioning process.
So you feel that training producing orderliness, obedience, and self control? Self control I would agree with. But orderliness and obedience? What do you mean by that? There are many people who wouldn’t use these terms to describe Kung Fu practitioners throughout history. Kung Fu was used heavily by anti-Ching rebels. So the people in those rebel societies were certainly not obedient to the Ching dynasty. If you asked a Ching official what he thought of members of these societies, I doubt orderly is the word that would come to mind.